The CW (ended 2012)

Gossip Girl Vs. One Tree Hill

Which TV show do you prefer?

Aimee22

[1]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 2

So here's the poll. Vote =)

It could easily be a tie, but I'm still standing for OTH^^

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xlovedust

[2]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 45
    Gossip Girl.

BabyMex

[3]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 2
    I love them both.. but its deffiantly OTH! x i love it

dyle123

[4]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 26
    I would definitely say Gossip Girl!

smarties1717

[5]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 18
    One Tree Hill

sarahwinter

[6]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    most def it would be OTH you can;t compare them gossip girl is my fav new show Oth is my fav on going show its been around for years u can't expect ppl to choose lol. OTH all the way ive been following since it came out

lilpeach

[7]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 7

Gossip Girl.

chuckblairfan

[8]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 5

OBVIOUSLY Gossip Girl. I hate these comparisons because YOU CAN'T compare a GREAT SHOW with a HORRIBLE SHOW (although I admit I am watching OTH this season...ONLY because there's nothing else on tv)

Reasons:

1) LOCATION (New York Vs. some random hick town)..

2) CLOTHES (I LOVE Gossip Girl clothes, I've I already incorporated some of their clothes in my closet. And they have a great costume designer who used to work for Sex and the city. OTH...no comment. Normal, blah clothes.

3)The cast of Gossip Girl is MUCH hotter than OTH. The only hot cast member is Lucas...and Nathan (sometimes). No offence but I can't stand that guy Mouth (what a name) on OTH. EVERYONE on Gossip Girl is hot. Come on, who can beat the blue eyes of Nate archibald..and Ed Westwick is hot in his own way.

4) Acting. OTH everyones horrible..while GG almost everyone can act (except maybe Nate..but he's improving!). I've never seen actors like Ed Westwick and Leigton Meester on a teen show before. THEY ARE THAT GOOD. The way those two act without even saying anything is AMAZING.

5) The chemistry between the entire cast is just amazing. Everyone just works well together. I love all the parents on GG, could NOT stand them on OTH.

6) This has nothing to do with comparing, but I just like to state that Gossip girl also gets MUCH BETTER REVIEWS than OTH by critics. A lot critics, actually like the show..for a teen show. Never heard a good thing about OTH (not that critics reviewers matter the viewing public anyways...ppl still watching Private Practice

7) Personally, I LOVE the music for GG. I'm not saying OTH music bad, but almost after each GG episode I'm running to my computer to download the music (legally, of course ), which don't happen with OTH.

The storylines. I'm sorry I HATE OTH storylines, especially Nathan and Hayle having a freakin kid and getting married in highschool. I'm sorry that just turned me off the story. And man some of the storylines on OTH...are so unrealistic they're funny. I'm not saying GG totally realistic, but I'm just loving all the storylines on GG. NOT one thing I would change.

OTH just seems like another teen show but GG somehow telling the usual teen storylines in a new fresh way that makes me excited to watch this show everyweek.

Edited on 01/30/2008 7:22pm

NYU_rockmysocks

[9]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 8
    i think the only reason why you love GG more than OTH is because you did not watch OTH from the beginning so if i were you, i would stop judging base on superficial things..

OTH and GG are both great in their own way. Both have beautiful cast (sophia bush, chad micheal murray vs. leighton meester and blake lively), beautiful music, beautiful home town (no matter how big (New York) or how small (Tree Hill) ), there are all good. Don't bash the other just cause you saw like one epidsode or 1 season..

smarties1717

[10]Jan 30, 2008
    NYU_rockmysocks wrote:
    i think the only reason why you love GG more than OTH is because you did not watch OTH from the beginning so if i were you, i would stop judging base on superficial things..

OTH and GG are both great in their own way. Both have beautiful cast (sophia bush, chad micheal murray vs. leighton meester and blake lively), beautiful music, beautiful home town (no matter how big (New York) or how small (Tree Hill) ), there are all good. Don't bash the other just cause you saw like one epidsode or 1 season..

Well said.

sarahwinter

[11]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 6
    One Tree Hill has a homey feel to it and many of the people here have been watching it from the start and still stick by it. Gossip Girl is great and will get better over time and i respect your opinion but if u'd been watching oth from the start i'm sure u would've been a fan.

NYU_rocksmysocks you have a great point and i love your siggie

BunnySlippers06

[12]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 8

Ew, I hate One Tree Hill. No offense - don't take it personally. I don't know why people do, but they do. Even though it's just a show... Anyway, I also stopped watching it after Haley and Nathan got married. Just so they could have sex, from what I recalled because Haley didn't want to do it unless they were married? Ugh. I'm sure people think it's for a deeper reason and all but I say whatever.

And then the Brooke-Peyton-Lucas triangle. How long has that been going on for? I don't watch the show but I've seen the previews and sometimes it shows that he's going after Brooke and then he's going after Peyton.He says "I love you" to one and then the other one comes out of no where and says she loves him. I don't get it.But I don't watch the show so I could be totally wrong about that.

I also think the actors on Gossip Girl are way better than the ones on One Tree Hill. I don't think any actor on that show is actually good except for maybe Bethany Joy Lenz Galeotti or whatever her name is and Sophia Bush. And the GG cast is hotter. Personally, I don't think Chad Michael Murray is hot. Or James Lafferty.

I'll stick with GG as #1.

degrassi_lover

[13]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 21
    As both an OTH and GG fan, I can't really decide.. Gossip Girl just began its series run and One Tree Hill has been on for five years, I mean several OTH episodes were excellent and well written, not saying GG's episodes weren't excellent either but they are both on different levels.. but I would choose Gossip Girl over OTH S5.. So far, the season has been disappointing..

xlovedust

[14]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 45
    BunnySlippers06 wrote:

Ew, I hate One Tree Hill. No offense - don't take it personally. I don't know why people do, but they do. Even though it's just a show... Anyway, I also stopped watching it after Haley and Nathan got married. Just so they could have sex, from what I recalled because Haley didn't want to do it unless they were married? Ugh. I'm sure people think it's for a deeper reason and all but I say whatever.

And then the Brooke-Peyton-Lucas triangle. How long has that been going on for? I don't watch the show but I've seen the previews and sometimes it shows that he's going after Brooke and then he's going after Peyton.He says "I love you" to one and then the other one comes out of no where and says she loves him. I don't get it.But I don't watch the show so I could be totally wrong about that.

I also think the actors on Gossip Girl are way better than the ones on One Tree Hill. I don't think any actor on that show is actually good except for maybe Bethany Joy Lenz Galeotti or whatever her name is and Sophia Bush. And the GG cast is hotter. Personally, I don't think Chad Michael Murray is hot. Or James Lafferty.

I'll stick with GG as #1.

I agree. When Haley married Nathan for that reason I was just thinking.. 'What's wrong with you?' Also, the love triangle is so dumb. It happens in every series. Even though I support Brucas, Lucas is a total jerk. Chad isn't good looking and he can't act. I don't feel as strongly as you because I don't think OTH is 'eww,' (since I watch the show) but I love Gossip Girl more. I do agree with this: The actors/actresses on GG are 100% hotter and more talented than the OTH cast. With the exception of Sophia and Bethany.

Edited on 01/30/2008 8:44pm

pinkOTHgirl

[15]Jan 30, 2008
    Well since I have seen all five seasons of OTH and GG is a relatively new show, I'm going to go with OTH. I like GG a lot though but it's only 13 episodes into it. I have seen every single episode of OTH and I just can't compare the two shows at this point.

IDINOI

[16]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 13
    WOW.

The O.C. is over so now GG is the new OTH rival?? Give me a freakin break.

Both great shows, both completely different. There's no comparison. Get over it.

teenqueenselene

[18]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 12
    Both are great shows but i loooved Gossip Girl for the longest time (since the book started) and I willcontinue to support it until the end. i used to watch One Tree Hill but I stopped supporting the show when they ended Brooke and Lucas's relationship.

chuckblairfan

[19]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 5
    NYU_rockmysocks wrote:

FOR YOUR INFORMATION...
    I have seen a lot of episodes for all the seasons. NOT every single episode. But I've known whats going on...and I STILL think its mindless crap. I'm bashing it because I think its a pointless show. I'm sorry, their "supposed" to be 21 on the show and its like everyone wants to get married...its soo unrealistic. You may ask why I see any of the epsiodes then? Well, when I'm bored, nothing on (usually in the summer), I watch few episodes. But its definitely not part of my tv viewing schedule. GOSSIP GIRL will ALWAYS be the better show, in my personal opinion. Please stop comparing GG to OTH...its embarrasing. I don't want to bring Gossip Girl down to OTH's level.

eater11

[20]Jan 31, 2008
    Gossip Girl is way better.