Gossip Girl Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Gossip Girl Vs. One Tree Hill

Which TV show do you prefer?

lerissa2000

[21]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 5
    GG for sure. OTH is fun to watch sure, but I honestly don't feel much for any of the characters n their situations. Truthfully I just watched it for the humor n that's bout it. GG has Ed Westwick....enough said. I've never seen such a powerful actor on a teen drama, and honestly he has been what's made it for me for gossip girl. Anyway gossip girl has a great deal more quality value anywhere from the character development to plot to setting and customs....OTH doesn't even compare. Honestly GG is on a completely diff league
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

electricpeppers

[22]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 26
    lerissa2000 wrote:
    GG for sure. OTH is fun to watch sure, but I honestly don't feel much for any of the characters n their situations. Truthfully I just watched it for the humor n that's bout it. GG has Ed Westwick....enough said. I've never seen such a powerful actor on a teen drama, and honestly he has been what's made it for me for gossip girl. Anyway gossip girl has a great deal more quality value anywhere from the character development to plot to setting and customs....OTH doesn't even compare. Honestly GG is on a completely diff league

Yes.
    OTH is a terrible show in terms of plot narrative and the actual content of the writing -- that doesn't make it a boring show it just makes it one that is ill written. I'm not a big fan but I do enjoy watching some episodes. GG on the other hand is very well written, the episodes have themes and symmetry whilst the characters are all realistically flawed.

TakenMisery

[23]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 12
    I never got into OTH, I mean, I loved The O.C and Hidden Palms, but when I saw parts of OTH, I was wondering what's the point/// I know that will upset lots of other people, I have lots of friends who enjoy OTH, but I just never got into it.
    Plus GG deals with so much more, love the stories and characters etc...

smarties1717

[24]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 18
    And also, you're posting this on the GG board so obviously majority of the people will say GG. But if you posted this on the OTH board you'd get more people saying they like OTH more. Both shows are great but I like OTH more.

chuckblairfan

[25]Jan 31, 2008
    lerissa2000 wrote:

Exactly.

90210rox

[26]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 14
    I love both shows so much!!! There should be a 'Both' option, but oh well. I think I'll choose One Tree Hill, mostly because I've seen it a lot longer. But, don't get me wrong, I am still TOTALLY in love with Gossip Girl!
    Edited on 01/31/2008 4:06pm

SecFruit_Brucas

[27]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 16
    I love both so much. But I've followed OTH for over 5 years now, so I'd have to choose it. It doesn't mean I don't like GG though!

ep301

[28]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 14

considering i've loved oth for...4 years now (minus season 4)...i have to go with oth.

GG definitely has the potential to replace it once oth ends though.

ccsballplaya30

[29]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 15
    Hmm... this is a toughie. I love both shows. I've watched OTH for like 3 years, but I think I have to pick GG. I figured I'd be kind of upset if OTH got cancelled, but I'd be really angry if GG got cancelled (not as ANGRY as when Gilmore Girls got cancelled, but close).

KatWestliferOTH

[30]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 2
    I love both shows but I would definitely have to say OTH!!  I've been a fan from the beginning, especially Naley! so OTH will always be my fave show.  Gossip Girl is a VERY close second though!

lcusoccer22

[31]Feb 1, 2008
    • level: 9
    smarties1717 wrote:
    And also, you're posting this on the GG board so obviously majority of the people will say GG. But if you posted this on the OTH board you'd get more people saying they like OTH more. Both shows are great but I like OTH more.
    \

I was just going to say that. OTH is winning this poll on a GOSSIP GIRL so my guess is it would most deffinetly be winning in a poll on a OTH board.

I love both shows. They are both very different too. I like OTH better, but that's just my opinion.

avril182

[32]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 16
    Love both shows. But love OTH better.

blondie2paris

[33]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 1
    Ok people, hate to tell you but I'm an Upper East Sider and trust me... Our life looks a lot, I mean really a lot like that! I think that OTH doesn't look like real life...
    I say Gossip Girl, 'cause it's too much like my life.

chuckblairfan

[34]Feb 3, 2008
    Reading this I still don't understand why people like OTH better than GG. The only excuse I've see is from OTH fans is that they have been watching OTH for 5 years not a few months like GG so I guess there more invested in OTH...but that it. What is it about OTH SPECIFICALLY that is BETTER than GG? Personally, I just want to know since I'm not a huge fan of OTH at all....

Hopefully with the writer strike over soon (maybe this week)...we will get 4-5 more episodes of GG which I REALLY NEED!! I'm in GG withdrawal and its not fun!

gossipgirllover

[35]Feb 3, 2008
    90210rox wrote:
    I love both shows so much!!! There should be a 'Both' option, but oh well. I think I'll choose One Tree Hill, mostly because I've seen it a lot longer. But, don't get me wrong, I am still TOTALLY in love with Gossip Girl!

I completly agree, I absolutly love both shows but OTH has been on longer. And to anwser chuckblairfan, another reason why people would like OTH better would be because they might be able to realate to it a litte more. Yes some of there story lines are over the top but most people don't live the fabulous life of the GG characters but the people in OTH are just in a small town in North Carolina. I live in a small town in Ohio and though I may have some of the privilages as Serena and Blair i don't have many.but with OTH every episode I cann find something that I myself can realate to, like Peyton's love of music, sometimes it's something big others it something small but still it's something and I can't sya that in every episode of GG. I do love GG don't get me and I soooooooooooo hope they have new episodes coming really soon but I love OTH too.

smarties1717

[36]Feb 3, 2008
    • level: 18
    chuckblairfan wrote:
    Reading this I still don't understand why people like OTH better than GG. The only excuse I've see is from OTH fans is that they have been watching OTH for 5 years not a few months like GG so I guess there more invested in OTH...but that it. What is it about OTH SPECIFICALLY that is BETTER than GG? Personally, I just want to know since I'm not a huge fan of OTH at all....

Hopefully with the writer strike over soon (maybe this week)...we will get 4-5 more episodes of GG which I REALLY NEED!! I'm in GG withdrawal and its not fun!

You know thats just your opinion and your reasons for liking GG more are all your opinions too. Some people just like OTH, we're not trying to make you like it more then GG or something. Because in my opinion OTH has a hotter cast (especially James) and I think that they are absolutely great actors. There, there are more reasons for why I like it.

xoBrianaox

[37]Feb 3, 2008
    You can really cant compare the two shows because gg has only been out for 1 season and oth has had 5 im my opinion oth is way better even though i'm a huge gg fan but OTH's first season was way more steamier and dramaful than gg first seson but you never no how the rest of the season;s will go but i personally think oth has a way better plot and better characters but i still love gg
    Edited on 02/03/2008 1:20pm
    Edited 3 total times.

lolipoper696

[38]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 13
    sorry people, but OTH gets my vote.

mackymacaspac

[39]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 78
    I've seen too many good episodes of OTH (especially from their 1st 3 seasons) to say GG is better. Maybe another 2 to 3 seasons of GG then we'll see.