Gossip Girl Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Gossip Girl Vs. One Tree Hill

Which TV show do you prefer?

lilpeach

[41]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 7

regardless of the poll results, for me Gossip Girl is number 1. i tried to watch OTH but i'm not just into it. I just can relate more to Gossip Girl.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lerissa2000

[42]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 5

I thought about this some more so I'll say this, gg is far superior in an artistic sense and in being innovative and such....but at the same time the show feels very disjointed at times. OTH however is better put together in a technical sense, like the show as a whole comes full circle while GG could feel choppy. So while gg might have a few higher quality actors n characters n plots n directing....it's sort of lost in the mess that is the show trying to find itself. In the end OTH is a more enjoyable watch for most ppl because the flow is fantastic.

I really love gg, but after watching an epi of OTH s5 (which i don't really like that much) I realized what made the show so watchable despite it's giant cheese quality. In OTH the cast is connected as an entirety and yes that comes with time, but it all felt connected somehow from s1 (which was hella fun to watch). GG feels like a soap a lot, like a bunch of really great storylines that happen in the same setting, like the same party for example, but all the storylines feel miles away n the characters (despite some intraction) completely unrelated.

As for the choppy part of gg, well it's undeniable. One second we have 17-Can then we have BWMP and then Hi Soc.....horrible sequencing there and even worst pacing, just totally ruined the flow of the show there. Then we have School lies where Chuck Blair n Nate have all obtained amnesia and huge character change since Hi Soc and then Thin Line. Really GG could do with a great deal of cleaning up and more development and MOST importantly BALANCE! Once they have a good editor (a far better one) then they'll beat OTH no question!

Edited on 02/04/2008 9:09pm

BloodWillow

[43]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 11
    I stopped watching OTH after Season Two. But really, it wouldn't have mattered. Gossip Girl all the way!

chosenchic

[44]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 13

I love both shows with a passion but in the end, I have to stick with One Tree Hill. Gossip Girl is almost like a guilty pleasure for me (except I don't feel guilty watching it) and it's very high fashion and glamourous and watching it is like transporting yourself into some fantasy world (in this case: the UES). I watch Gossip Girl the way I read a magazine about celebrities or something like that: it's fun to lose yourself in it but in the end, it's all in another universe.

However, OTH is slightly more superior because I feel like I can relate to it more. I don't see it as a guilty pleasure but more so as a show about just a regular group of friends like mine who are just going through the motions, so to speak. There's no denying that OTH has had its unrealistic moments (tons in fact), but it still comes off as more homey to me and therefore more real.

But as I said, I love both shows in different ways and it's really difficult to choose which I like better (OTH has had five seasons that's why in the end, it's my choice).

gabo160390

[45]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 6

I know that The OC is not on right now But THE OC is 100 times better than GG and OTH. Sorry it's the truth. and I'm OTH watcher. But The OC had action, drama, comedy. GG drama all the way making it boring in some points and OTH too much has passed and it has gotten dull by now. Neither GG or OTH is better. THE OC is the best!!!

OC FOREVER!!!

teenqueenselene

[46]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 12
    lilpeach wrote:

regardless of the poll results, for me Gossip Girl is number 1. i tried to watch OTH but i'm not just into it. I just can relate more to Gossip Girl.

i second this. i love Gossip Girl always have, always will.

soapieaddict23

[47]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 18
    it is too hard to decide, since Gossip Girl has only had 13 episodes and One Tree Hill is in season five. One Tree Hill got better from season one, IMO, but Gossip Girl could go downhill, like The OC did. I love both shows, but for different reasons, and i feel like i know the characters from OTH more as I have watched them more and seen them evolve, along with the show. Gossip Girl, while it had an awesome first season, hasn't beaten OTH in my mind yet. They are equally my two favourite shows on right now.

FallOutGirl13

[48]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 8
    Right now Gossip Girl I guess I was an avid fan of OTH, but I just don't care about the new season.

chosenchic

[49]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 13

FallOutGirl13 wrote:
    Right now Gossip Girl I guess I was an avid fan of OTH, but I just don't care about the new season.

Really? It's not that bad... although if you're a Leyton fan, you'd probably have an orgasm at all the things that are happening between them (both good and bad).

Oh and a lot of the new characters are just utterly unlikable (read: Victoria and Carrie)

icecream_pie

[50]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 5
    I think that gossip girl is a more "fun" show to watch, with all the parties and stuff like that, but one tree hill is more serious and there's more drama to it. and i think they are both amazing so who choose what depends on them, but the reason i voted one tree hill is because i feel that it is more heart-catching,

house112233

[51]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 11
    wel i lik both but oth has more drma n gg is lik mor gossiper (not sure if thats a word) lik its mor exiciting lik u wana kno wat happen to ur fav charcter so itd b a tie

AnnPatricia

[52]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 9
    I just think that they're incomparable.

Both are good shows! You'd love these shows for different reasons..

So, yah! love them both..

caz259

[53]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 10

gossip girl is a hell of a lot better.

ive watched all of one tree hill and the only parts i liked were with brooke and/or rachel.

the rest just bored me out of my mind.

cl74x

[54]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 6
    The main flaw in this poll is that it's in a Gossip Girl forum thread. I mean, people that come here clearly watch Gossip Girl, some of them may have never watched OTH. Having said that, OTH is still winning.

huh920

[55]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 21
    I love One tree hill! However before the 5th season started I was all about Gossip Girl it is soo good. I agree with the people before Naley turned me off to the show but I still continued to watch. The 5th season however until this last episode was not really good. Anyways I love them both! One tree hill will be over soon and I guess Gossip Girl wil be the new Cw hit.

electricpeppers

[56]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 26
    caz259 wrote:

gossip girl is a hell of a lot better.

ive watched all of one tree hill and the only parts i liked were with brooke and/or rachel.

the rest just bored me out of my mind.

Hee!

LynetteFan56

[57]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 9
    I love Gossip Girl but it doesn't even compare to One Tree Hill. OTH is so much better. One Tree Hill all the way.

pinkOTHgirl

[58]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 18
    cl74x wrote:
    The main flaw in this poll is that it's in a Gossip Girl forum thread. I mean, people that come here clearly watch Gossip Girl, some of them may have never watched OTH. Having said that, OTH is still winning.

Yes, I totally agree with that. The poll would only make sense if someone had seen a fair amount of each show.

michael_LB92

[59]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 24
    One Tree Hill. But I've seen 94 episodes of One Tree Hill, (i.e. I am completely up to date with all OTH episodes) and have only seen one episode of Gossip Girl; therefore my opinion doesn't come with a lot of reasoning or value in this situation.

TreeHillDude430

[60]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 7

I love both shows, but for me One Tree Hill. Gossip Girl is amazing and its only had 13 episodes. One Tree Hill has had like 94 or something. I love One Tree Hill and i love Gossip Girl too. But, One Tree Hill has had a bunch of great episodes and some people have said that they don't like it because of the recurring love triangle between Brooke/Peyton/Lucas. (No offense intended) But thats not really a good reason to stop watching OTH. It has happened in basically every season but its not the same each time. It's a different type thing that goes on if you get what i'm saying. And another bad reason to not like OTH is the fact that Nathan and Haley got married in high school. They have one of the best love stories. Watch season 2. It shows how much they really care about eachother. I'm not trying to insult your opinion. If i did it wasn't intended. Some people said they don't like season 5. I like it. Whatever their both great shows and i hate comparing them because there so different but one thing they have in common is that their both great!