Gossip Girl Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Gossip Girl Vs. One Tree Hill

Which TV show do you prefer?

coolemochick

[81]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 9
    GG all the way!!!!!!! i've never watched OTH i don't even know what it is about (n don't explain it to me)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TreeHillDude430

[82]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 7
    if you havent seen One Tree Hill you can't really answer. Wow its ahead in the GG forum..lol.. I like both but One Tree Hill is way better than GG..way better..(see my post earlier in this forum)

HRGirl

[83]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 9
    icecream_pie wrote:
    I think that gossip girl is a more "fun" show to watch, with all the parties and stuff like that, but one tree hill is more serious and there's more drama to it. and i think they are both amazing so who choose what depends on them, but the reason i voted one tree hill is because i feel that it is more heart-catching,

I completely agree with you! I do love both shows, but I have to take OTH on this!!

x4everothfanx

[84]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 3
    chuckblairfan wrote:

OBVIOUSLY Gossip Girl. I hate these comparisons because YOU CAN'T compare a GREAT SHOW with a HORRIBLE SHOW (although I admit I am watching OTH this season...ONLY because there's nothing else on tv)

Reasons:

1) LOCATION (New York Vs. some random hick town)..

2) CLOTHES (I LOVE Gossip Girl clothes, I've I already incorporated some of their clothes in my closet. And they have a great costume designer who used to work for Sex and the city. OTH...no comment. Normal, blah clothes.

3)The cast of Gossip Girl is MUCH hotter than OTH. The only hot cast member is Lucas...and Nathan (sometimes). No offence but I can't stand that guy Mouth (what a name) on OTH. EVERYONE on Gossip Girl is hot. Come on, who can beat the blue eyes of Nate archibald..and Ed Westwick is hot in his own way.

4) Acting. OTH everyones horrible..while GG almost everyone can act (except maybe Nate..but he's improving!). I've never seen actors like Ed Westwick and Leigton Meester on a teen show before. THEY ARE THAT GOOD. The way those two act without even saying anything is AMAZING.

5) The chemistry between the entire cast is just amazing. Everyone just works well together. I love all the parents on GG, could NOT stand them on OTH.

6) This has nothing to do with comparing, but I just like to state that Gossip girl also gets MUCH BETTER REVIEWS than OTH by critics. A lot critics, actually like the show..for a teen show. Never heard a good thing about OTH (not that critics reviewers matter the viewing public anyways...ppl still watching Private Practice

7) Personally, I LOVE the music for GG. I'm not saying OTH music bad, but almost after each GG episode I'm running to my computer to download the music (legally, of course ), which don't happen with OTH.

The storylines. I'm sorry I HATE OTH storylines, especially Nathan and Hayle having a freakin kid and getting married in highschool. I'm sorry that just turned me off the story. And man some of the storylines on OTH...are so unrealistic they're funny. I'm not saying GG totally realistic, but I'm just loving all the storylines on GG. NOT one thing I would change.

OTH just seems like another teen show but GG somehow telling the usual teen storylines in a new fresh way that makes me excited to watch this show everyweek.

OTH is not a horrible show! I like them both but OTH is my personal fave!

CoffeeCake225

[85]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 15
    x4everothfanx wrote:
    chuckblairfan wrote:

OBVIOUSLY Gossip Girl. I hate these comparisons because YOU CAN'T compare a GREAT SHOW with a HORRIBLE SHOW (although I admit I am watching OTH this season...ONLY because there's nothing else on tv)

Reasons:

1) LOCATION (New York Vs. some random hick town)..

2) CLOTHES (I LOVE Gossip Girl clothes, I've I already incorporated some of their clothes in my closet. And they have a great costume designer who used to work for Sex and the city. OTH...no comment. Normal, blah clothes.

3)The cast of Gossip Girl is MUCH hotter than OTH. The only hot cast member is Lucas...and Nathan (sometimes). No offence but I can't stand that guy Mouth (what a name) on OTH. EVERYONE on Gossip Girl is hot. Come on, who can beat the blue eyes of Nate archibald..and Ed Westwick is hot in his own way.

4) Acting. OTH everyones horrible..while GG almost everyone can act (except maybe Nate..but he's improving!). I've never seen actors like Ed Westwick and Leigton Meester on a teen show before. THEY ARE THAT GOOD. The way those two act without even saying anything is AMAZING.

5) The chemistry between the entire cast is just amazing. Everyone just works well together. I love all the parents on GG, could NOT stand them on OTH.

6) This has nothing to do with comparing, but I just like to state that Gossip girl also gets MUCH BETTER REVIEWS than OTH by critics. A lot critics, actually like the show..for a teen show. Never heard a good thing about OTH (not that critics reviewers matter the viewing public anyways...ppl still watching Private Practice

7) Personally, I LOVE the music for GG. I'm not saying OTH music bad, but almost after each GG episode I'm running to my computer to download the music (legally, of course ), which don't happen with OTH.

The storylines. I'm sorry I HATE OTH storylines, especially Nathan and Hayle having a freakin kid and getting married in highschool. I'm sorry that just turned me off the story. And man some of the storylines on OTH...are so unrealistic they're funny. I'm not saying GG totally realistic, but I'm just loving all the storylines on GG. NOT one thing I would change.

OTH just seems like another teen show but GG somehow telling the usual teen storylines in a new fresh way that makes me excited to watch this show everyweek.

OTH is not a horrible show! I like them both but OTH is my personal fave!

i agree, i love oth ive been watching it since the 1st season,but i love gossip girl too. the only reason that i voted for oth was because ive been watching the characters for 5 seasons.

dont get me wrong the actors on gossip girl are great but the actors on oth are just as good. the shows are both teen dramas but they handel different topics. i think that the actors on oth have played they're parts very well especially in very emotional episodes.

and blairchuckfan, Most ppl here love both shows. but if you happen to hate oth that doesnt mean that you have to bash the show completely. its understood that not everyone here has the same taste so of course there are certain shows that some ppl here love but others hate bashing the show u hate isnt gonna make anyone agree with u, its actually rather pointless.

Edited on 03/13/2008 9:56pm

caz259

[86]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 10
    i think its not that either show is better or anything (and i am reforming my previous position on one tree hill and am actually starting to like peyton), i think its just that one tree hill has been on for a long time and gossip girl has only had 13 episodes so you really cant compare it

celine_23

[87]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 23
    this is really hard for me.. but I gotta say OTH sorry to the other GG fans.. Believe me I love GG too!!! It's just that I know and adore oth slightly better

celine_23

[88]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 23
    HRGirl wrote:
    icecream_pie wrote:
    I think that gossip girl is a more "fun" show to watch, with all the parties and stuff like that, but one tree hill is more serious and there's more drama to it. and i think they are both amazing so who choose what depends on them, but the reason i voted one tree hill is because i feel that it is more heart-catching,

I completely agree with you! I do love both shows, but I have to take OTH on this!!

HECK YEAH!!

ep301

[89]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 14

Not everyone on OTH is a bad actor. I think they're all good actors. And Sophia Bush is a bad actress? Um are you kidding me?! She's one of the most talented female actresses on TV. So I don't even know what you're talking about there.

Both OTH and Gossip Girl have a hot cast. But even so, that's just a matter of opinion.

And sorry but musically, OTH beats out HANDS DOWN! I have seen every episode of OTH, and their music...far better. They have not only introduced to me to some amazing artists (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Tegan and Sara, Gym Class Heroes, Jack's Mannequin, Athlete, Augustana, ect.), but they also incorporate older stuff like The Replacements, Sweet, and Led Zeppelin! In fact, Led Zeppelin gave OTH the rights to use "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"- something that they NEVER do apparently, but they thought it worked well, so they let Mark use it in the show.

And they also incorporate a whole bunch different sounds and genres. So maybe its my indie/rock/classic rock taste...but with the OC it was usually indie rock, and with GG its mostly pop. Which is something I like too, but in moderation...which is something OTH does really well.

That's MY personal take anyways.

However, I do agree that OTH's storylines are repetitive...and I haven't been a big fan of the plotlines in the 4th and 5th season. HOWEVER, OTH has had 5 seasons (going to have 6 soon), while GG is still brand new. So we need to see where their storylines go before we can say its better.

Edited on 03/22/2008 3:09pm
    Edited 3 total times.

yeseniah8r

[90]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 2
    my favorite would be OTH

heroesfan07

[91]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 21
    AHHHHH Don't make me choice. I love OTH but season 2 was just really really bad n GG is just great ahhh I'll make it equal.

ep301

[92]Mar 23, 2008

I loved season 2 OTH. Its my fave.

But to me, season 4 was a bad joke.

chuckblairfan

[93]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 5
    This is the WORST poll ever! What do you expect...all the OTH fans who also have a section on this site but havent' seen GG probably came into this forum and voted...its obvious.

Because if this questions was asked on the streets, schools, universities, malls, etc....GOSSIP GIRL would win HANDS DOWN!

So many people don't even know what OTH is. There is reason that Gossip Girl NOT OTH is the most popular show for the youngest demographic right now. There is also a reason that Gossip Girl is NUMBER on Itunes and NOT OTH (itunes is used most by young adults....) OTH may be in top 10 right now, but once Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl, Lost, etc come back on ITUNES, OTH is going to be murdered!

OTH may be popular on this one poll, but everyone alreayd knows that on internet polls OTH fans are crazy voters...ask this question out in the streets, and GOSSIP GIRL would win.

I don't care that a few people here like OTH more...good for you. Gossip Girl is actually loved by many critics unlike OTH which is just continually ripped apart from critics. OTH acting is a joke. Do I have to say anything about Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick's amazing acting?? GG also get to be much BETTER magazines...When was OTH ever in Vogue??? Gossip Girl has a MUCH BETTER fashion sense hands down! When was OTH ever on MTV?

For OTH being so popular it never got to go to the Paley Festival unlike GG. But what do you expect, OTH is considered a joke in Hollywood. I have nothing against OTH..but I HATE comparisions against GG and OTH. OTH not even in the same caliber based on acting, storylines, wardrobe, etc that GG is. Go compare OTH to Passions or Hidden Palms (something of the same caliber of acting)...hehe. I'm just shocked that people aactually enjoying OTH recycled storylines over GG... It's funny that most people starting this poll are OTH fans...trying to make OTH seem better by comparing GG. If you KNEW your show was better there would be no need for a comparison. GG fans already KNOW GG better, we don't have to make stupid fake polls to prove it...

OTH = hick town, GG = New York City

Seriously, do I have to say anything more. For all the OTH offended fans that probably going to be pissed off...why you on GG site?? It's not like I'm rippign apart OTH on OTH forum. It's a GG forum, someone asked the question and I'm answering how I believe it should be answered...

dyle123

[94]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 26
    Personally, and I watch both, I think GG is a much better quality show; the characters, episodes, storylines, writing etc.

ep301

[95]Mar 23, 2008

chuckblairfan wrote:
    This is the WORST poll ever! What do you expect...all the OTH fans who also have a section on this site but havent' seen GG probably came into this forum and voted...its obvious. Because if this questions was asked on the streets, schools, universities, malls, etc....GOSSIP GIRL would win HANDS DOWN! So many people don't even know what OTH is. There is reason that Gossip Girl NOT OTH is the most popular show for the youngest demographic right now. There is also a reason that Gossip Girl is NUMBER on Itunes and NOT OTH (itunes is used most by young adults....) OTH may be in top 10 right now, but once Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl, Lost, etc come back on ITUNES, OTH is going to be murdered! OTH may be popular on this one poll, but everyone alreayd knows that on internet polls OTH fans are crazy voters...ask this question out in the streets, and GOSSIP GIRL would win. I don't care that a few people here like OTH more...good for you. Gossip Girl is actually loved by many critics unlike OTH which is just continually ripped apart from critics. OTH acting is a joke. Do I have to say anything about Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick's amazing acting?? GG also get to be much BETTER magazines...When was OTH ever in Vogue??? Gossip Girl has a MUCH BETTER fashion sense hands down! When was OTH ever on MTV? For OTH being so popular it never got to go to the Paley Festival unlike GG. But what do you expect, OTH is considered a joke in Hollywood. I have nothing against OTH..but I HATE comparisions against GG and OTH. OTH not even in the same caliber based on acting, storylines, wardrobe, etc that GG is. Go compare OTH to Passions or Hidden Palms (something of the same caliber of acting)...hehe. I'm just shocked that people aactually enjoying OTH recycled storylines over GG... It's funny that most people starting this poll are OTH fans...trying to make OTH seem better by comparing GG. If you KNEW your show was better there would be no need for a comparison. GG fans already KNOW GG better, we don't have to make stupid fake polls to prove it... OTH = hick town, GG = New York City Seriously, do I have to say anything more. For all the OTH offended fans that probably going to be pissed off...why you on GG site?? It's not like I'm rippign apart OTH on OTH forum. It's a GG forum, someone asked the question and I'm answering how I believe it should be answered...

^ you don't do your research do you?

First, OTH is shown all over the world. tons of people know what it is. its shown in Mexico, Canada, the USA, England, France, Ireland, Indonesia, Belgium...there are people from all over the place that watch the show. The sad thing is that because they live over seas, the viewership is not picked up here in the U.S.

Secondly, no. OTH has never done Paleyfest. but they have done mall tours, music tours (i've been to one), they do a charity basketball game every year in Wilmington, which always has a huge fan turn out, and a bunch of over stuff that the fans go to. They've done more than any other show I've ever heard of. And its not a once in a while thing. It a few things set up EVERY YEAR.

Never been on MTV?

Hilarie Burton (before coming an actress) WORKED for MTV as a VJ! They cast has been on TRL many, MANY times. Not to mention MTV Dairy, as well as the New Years Eve show MTV does.

As for the magazine covers...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

And there were a ton of other articles/photoshoots (I know because I have many of them)...but frankly, I'm not going to go searching all over the net for them just to prove a point.

If OTH isn't your cup of tea, then fine. And I'm not saying that its the most brillian show on TV. But you shouldn't go making claims you can't back up. Because its pretty obvious its only your personal opinion that you're going on. And obviously, many people do still enjoy the show

P.S.- I don't think the OTH viewers are coming onto this board and voting. I belong to another OTH forum and there are a lot of OTH fans who watch and enjoy GG. And like you said, we're crazy fans who have kept the show going. So its not a remotely bad thing for GG to have a shared fan base.

Edited on 03/23/2008 4:32pm
    Edited 4 total times.

chosenchic

[96]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 13
    ep301 wrote:

Lmao. 100% agreed although Brucas break up/Leyton hook up was the main reason I disliked it.

ep301

[97]Mar 25, 2008
    chosenchic wrote:
    ep301 wrote:

Lmao. 100% agreed although Brucas break up/Leyton hook up was the main reason I disliked it.

i just hated every storyline in general. and the things that were interesting to the plot were soon run into the ground with bad writing and stupid reasoning....it was just dumb.

chosenchic

[98]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 13

chuckblairfan wrote:
    This is the WORST poll ever! What do you expect...all the OTH fans who also have a section on this site but havent' seen GG probably came into this forum and voted...its obvious. Because if this questions was asked on the streets, schools, universities, malls, etc....GOSSIP GIRL would win HANDS DOWN! So many people don't even know what OTH is. There is reason that Gossip Girl NOT OTH is the most popular show for the youngest demographic right now. There is also a reason that Gossip Girl is NUMBER on Itunes and NOT OTH (itunes is used most by young adults....) OTH may be in top 10 right now, but once Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl, Lost, etc come back on ITUNES, OTH is going to be murdered! OTH may be popular on this one poll, but everyone alreayd knows that on internet polls OTH fans are crazy voters...ask this question out in the streets, and GOSSIP GIRL would win. I don't care that a few people here like OTH more...good for you. Gossip Girl is actually loved by many critics unlike OTH which is just continually ripped apart from critics. OTH acting is a joke. Do I have to say anything about Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick's amazing acting?? GG also get to be much BETTER magazines...When was OTH ever in Vogue??? Gossip Girl has a MUCH BETTER fashion sense hands down! When was OTH ever on MTV? For OTH being so popular it never got to go to the Paley Festival unlike GG. But what do you expect, OTH is considered a joke in Hollywood. I have nothing against OTH..but I HATE comparisions against GG and OTH. OTH not even in the same caliber based on acting, storylines, wardrobe, etc that GG is. Go compare OTH to Passions or Hidden Palms (something of the same caliber of acting)...hehe. I'm just shocked that people aactually enjoying OTH recycled storylines over GG... It's funny that most people starting this poll are OTH fans...trying to make OTH seem better by comparing GG. If you KNEW your show was better there would be no need for a comparison. GG fans already KNOW GG better, we don't have to make stupid fake polls to prove it... OTH = hick town, GG = New York City Seriously, do I have to say anything more. For all the OTH offended fans that probably going to be pissed off...why you on GG site?? It's not like I'm rippign apart OTH on OTH forum. It's a GG forum, someone asked the question and I'm answering how I believe it should be answered...

Wow, don't be so defensive. A lot of people who voted for OTH still are big fans of GG -- they just loved OTH longer, not necessarily better.

And GG may be hyped up now but so was The O.C. and we all know how that turned out. To this day, I know more people who know about The O.C. than OTH but look at which show is still on the air and going strong. I'm not saying GG is a bad show because I truly love it but there's a reason why OTH has lasted this long whereas a show like O.C., which was just as hyped as GG and was known in pop culture circles, got cancelled.

jamjavajunkie

[99]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 11
    Im new to one tree hill, but after only watching one episode of GG last Jan. I became obsessed. One tree hasn't done that to me in the last season

ep301

[100]Mar 25, 2008

^ you've missed the good seasons (in my opinion anyways).

GG is very addicting though... it definitely comes in as a very very very close second to OTH.