TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Gossip Girl Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Gossip Girl Vs. One Tree Hill

Which TV show do you prefer?

watchmewatchu88

[101]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 1
    chosenchic wrote:

chuckblairfan wrote:
    This is the WORST poll ever! What do you expect...all the OTH fans who also have a section on this site but havent' seen GG probably came into this forum and voted...its obvious. Because if this questions was asked on the streets, schools, universities, malls, etc....GOSSIP GIRL would win HANDS DOWN! So many people don't even know what OTH is. There is reason that Gossip Girl NOT OTH is the most popular show for the youngest demographic right now. There is also a reason that Gossip Girl is NUMBER on Itunes and NOT OTH (itunes is used most by young adults....) OTH may be in top 10 right now, but once Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl, Lost, etc come back on ITUNES, OTH is going to be murdered! OTH may be popular on this one poll, but everyone alreayd knows that on internet polls OTH fans are crazy voters...ask this question out in the streets, and GOSSIP GIRL would win. I don't care that a few people here like OTH more...good for you. Gossip Girl is actually loved by many critics unlike OTH which is just continually ripped apart from critics. OTH acting is a joke. Do I have to say anything about Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick's amazing acting?? GG also get to be much BETTER magazines...When was OTH ever in Vogue??? Gossip Girl has a MUCH BETTER fashion sense hands down! When was OTH ever on MTV? For OTH being so popular it never got to go to the Paley Festival unlike GG. But what do you expect, OTH is considered a joke in Hollywood. I have nothing against OTH..but I HATE comparisions against GG and OTH. OTH not even in the same caliber based on acting, storylines, wardrobe, etc that GG is. Go compare OTH to Passions or Hidden Palms (something of the same caliber of acting)...hehe. I'm just shocked that people aactually enjoying OTH recycled storylines over GG... It's funny that most people starting this poll are OTH fans...trying to make OTH seem better by comparing GG. If you KNEW your show was better there would be no need for a comparison. GG fans already KNOW GG better, we don't have to make stupid fake polls to prove it... OTH = hick town, GG = New York City Seriously, do I have to say anything more. For all the OTH offended fans that probably going to be pissed off...why you on GG site?? It's not like I'm rippign apart OTH on OTH forum. It's a GG forum, someone asked the question and I'm answering how I believe it should be answered...

Wow, don't be so defensive. A lot of people who voted for OTH still are big fans of GG -- they just loved OTH longer, not necessarily better.

And GG may be hyped up now but so was The O.C. and we all know how that turned out. To this day, I know more people who know about The O.C. than OTH but look at which show is still on the air and going strong. I'm not saying GG is a bad show because I truly love it but there's a reason why OTH has lasted this long whereas a show like O.C., which was just as hyped as GG and was known in pop culture circles, got cancelled.

Geeez..why are you so angry? Well,first of all..I agree with you.You can't possibly compare one tree hill to *ehem,gossip girl.And you know why? Coz gossip girl is no more than a shallow show.Just like like your reasoning,shallow.Second,the GG show is all fashion,sex,boys,that queen bee thingy and no substance.Its just..superficial.Well, I guess that's just me.hmm? "Seriously, do I have to say anything more."
    Please, do say some more.I would love to hear from you.
    Xoxo,gossip girl.You know you love me.Sheesh.How vain can one get?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

irenesot2

[102]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    Gossip Girl all the way!!! I like OTH but it's a little bit boring..

caz259

[103]Oct 16, 2008
    • level: 10

irenesot2 wrote:

amen. i watched it again lately and all i seemed to do was fastfoward half the episodes. yet i love brooke, skills and rachel so i have to watch their scenes.

oh and jamie! that kid is adorable.

on the other hand, every part of gossip girl interests me.

except alison. that was awful.

RebelAngels

[104]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    Gossip Girl is definately better IMO. i used to loved OTH but its just gotten so boring & unrealistic. I love all the characters in GG but i hate most of the characters in OTH, especially all the adults.

thefanof

[105]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 102
    RebelAngels wrote:
    Gossip Girl is definately better IMO. i used to loved OTH but its just gotten so boring & unrealistic. I love all the characters in GG but i hate most of the characters in OTH, especially all the adults.

It's impossible to hate Brooke Davis.

As I've said One Tree Hill has a much more likable cast, much better acting and writing. And much hotter women to be honest.

RebelAngels

[106]Oct 20, 2008

thefanof wrote:
    RebelAngels wrote:
    It's impossible to hate Brooke Davis. As I've said One Tree Hill has a much more likable cast, much better acting and writing. And much hotter women to be honest.

I never said i hated Brooke. she was the only character on the show i actually liked, especially in series 5.

xxkaty

[107]Oct 21, 2008
    irenesot2 wrote:

i actually love both shows, but i gotta admit, oth is getting kinda tedious. but then again, it IS the 6th season.
    x

krestin

[108]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 9

Gossip Girl.

OTH is running its course. Mark comes up with the same BS storylines EVERY DAMN SEASON. The same love trinalge for three freaking seasons? Come on. Even Josh tried to escape THAT same couple on The OC, but at least he did something different and killed off one the main characters. i loved the earlier seasons of OTH, but i just can't stomach some of the actors on the show and the characters. The only things I even remotely like about this show are Sophia Bush and The dude that plays Dan. How many more seasons are we going to see struggles between Peyton and Lucas? Or how about how many times Nathan is going to pursue basketball. He either needs to END THIS GOD FORSAKEN SHOW, or come up with some better storylines.

The O.C > Gossip Girl > OTH

ETA: Just because a show get's cancelled doesn't mean it's a horrible show. OTH and the OC are different shows, both diff networks and different kind's of qualities. I think OTH is decent, not great but the OC's cancellation shouldn't have ANYTHING TO do with the way it was being written. Everyone knows that the 4TH season of the OC was their best and it still got axed. Those networks just don't know what's good tv anymore.

Edited on 10/21/2008 9:52pm

rachybachy

[109]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 7
    Its almost a tie to me but since I've love one tree hill for longer i choose them but to be fair the story line for GG is better right now.

Firetears

[110]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 23
    RebelAngels wrote:

It's actually the opposite for me. It took me a LONG time to warm up to the characters of GG before I started picking off the ones who I like but with OTH I had insta-faves(Brooke &/or BL FTW!). Also, OTH season 2 is my favorite while GG's second season hasn't been up to par with the first(but still better than most of the crap on TV today).

candaceee23

[111]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 17
    I love both shows, but I have to pick OTH. It's been my favorite television show since like 7th grade.

degrassi_lover

[112]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 21

As much as I enjoy both series, they are both pretty crappy now.

The OC is love.

Firetears

[113]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 23
    degrassi_lover wrote:

The OC is love.

You set trippin'. OTH is crap now but GG is still pretty amazing.

degrassi_lover

[114]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 21
    Firetears wrote:
    degrassi_lover wrote:

The OC is love.

You set trippin'. OTH is crap now but GG is still pretty amazing.

GG needs to have 5 amazing episodes in a row to become amazing again. The really good episodes occur sporadically in S2.

Magda810

[115]Oct 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    I really like both shows but i have to admit that OTH had better episodes in the past than now (season 6 is not so good).

sibowittz

[116]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 17
    I love both, but my pick is for One Tree Hill. OTH's acting is great. Especially the women of OTH. The guys could improve but the three main women are great. Better than Blake Lively in GG and the chick that plays Vanessa. Leighton is great as well as Taylor. Penn and Ed are good. Chace...not so much. I think he just got the Nate part for his looks obviously. The strong actors/actresses on OTH are: Sophia, Hilaire, Jackson, Paul, Bethany and the guy that plays Quentin. GG's strong actors/actresses are: Leighton, Taylor, Ed, and Penn.

The music for OTH is way better than GG's. Especially lately.

The storylines for OTH have been slightly lacking lately, but so has GG's. The whole plot for GG can lose steam at any moment by repetetive plotlines. OTH's could go on for a while and it has. The most seasons I can see GG having is 3..maybe 4.

I admit lately GG's been better than OTH but...maybe there can be a comeback soon. Hopefully. GG and OTH will both be returning for another season next fall. So we'll see. But I love both shows.

I think the people who say OTH sucks is because they don't connect with the characters or story. For some reason they think GG isn't mindless crap compared to the more serious situations that the characters on OTH deal with.

I relate with characters in OTH more because it's on a more emotional level than with GG. And I think it matters on what kind of person you are. If you've never been through many emotional things like they do in OTH, then you won't most likely be able to connect with the characters and their problems. But those who prefer OTH over ,GG probably have gone through much of an emotional life like I and many other OTH fans have. Maybe.

It has a lot to do with your emotions I believe. Really besides the Blair/Chuck stuff and the Jenny stuff I'm don't really care for GG that much. Even though I love GG. I can easily say to myself on Monday that "I'll just wait til reruns come on to see that GG episode" but it's different with OTH. I gotta watch it right then and there on Monday.

Butterflyagirl

[117]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 8
    I love GG, it's not perfect but I love it to death. I find it much more fun than OTH, The OC and any other teen show. It has better characters, better storylines and a better cast.
    thefanof wrote:
    It's impossible to hate Brooke Davis.

It's not impossible. I hate her since season two.

OTH had a fantastic season one and then the show went downhill. I still liked season 4 but I don't know, I think that after season one it lost most of its spark.

For me it's a little bit too unrealistic and cheessy.

I still like it and I watch it when I feel like it. I still have to watch the last three episodes.
    degrassi_lover wrote:

The OC is love.

The OC is propably the most overrated teen show ever. I hated all the characters except for Marissa.

niki731

[118]Apr 21, 2009
    • level: 1
    GOSSIP GIRL!!! i think that oth is getting more and more boring........

Genzie

[119]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 12
    That some people even have doubts...

I like both the shows; and both show has their perks and bad sides. But I think everyone who watched OTH from scratch, must admit that OTH is way better. The acting is better, more real, and the story lines are mostly more real and better.

jstitely1

[120]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 12

Genzie wrote:
    That some people even have doubts... I like both the shows; and both show has their perks and bad sides. But I think everyone who watched OTH from scratch, must admit that OTH is way better. The acting is better, more real, and the story lines are mostly more real and better.

everyone says oth is better because its realer! ummm... gg is about a whole different set of people and is pretty realistic on that set of people, its awesome because not everyone can live that life. oth is realer, but if thats your reasoning of why a show is better then your not basing it on what it should be based on quality.

and sorry for picking on the above post, it was just the most recent one that said it was better cause it was more real