Gossip Girl Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Is anyone annoyed with what this show became?

who did you first like but annoys you now the most

Natani

[1]Jun 25, 2011
    • level: 6

When I first watched this show I liked it. It had potential but now? I mean Dan is this superbe congenial nice person but ladies and gents I think he made out with just about every female that made her appearance on the show (with the exception of julliette I think). Even B fell for his charms, come on! Talking about B, meeting a guy in france, spending three days with him and when he shows his face in NY she goes and gets engaged???? All that talk in this last season about growing up and you jump into a marriage with a guy you barely know because he's a grimaldi? how mature. I mean this show has lost touch with reality and how on earth can anyone even remotely put him or herself in the shoes of these spoiled New York spoiled rich brats at all? I've come to dislike every single character on the show. Even Vanessa gets corrupted. Is anyone particularly annoyed with these things as much as I am and do you really want a fifth season of the upper west side and its exploits?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aliSuz

[2]Oct 11, 2011
    • level: 8

Yeah I see what you mean. It was never that great to begin with though. I just watch it for Blair. I still like her actually. Everyone else is so annoying. I never liked Serena and now I can't stand looking at her. It doesn't seem to be getting any better this season. But that's not surprising.

LeytonTLA

[3]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 16
    i used to love serena when she was with dan but now or when ever she isnt with dan for that matter she really grates on me, as for this season though i am suprisingly very interested in it, after the end of season four i thought you are kidding i cant stand this but i am really looking forward to each episode each week, i really wanna read dans book!! i do however hate that he apparently wanted to be on the inside more than jenny i find that bull and completely out of character

hell693

[4]Oct 22, 2011
    • level: 11
    The show was good in its first season but after season 2 it was unwatchable and i liked Vanessa at first but she got boring.

NiallB31

[5]Oct 22, 2011
    • level: 8

I still love this show. I felt season 2 was their weakest season yet and some people dislike season 3 and 4 but I think season 3 is better than season 2 and season 4 was amazing. The show has come a long way since season 1 and is getting better each season. Keep it up.

mange85

[6]Nov 26, 2011
    • level: 6

I have watched Gossip Girl ever since it started, season 1 and 2 are the best sesons so far, season 3 is so borderline that i cant decide whitch way they want it to go with season 3.
    Season 4 was one of the worst seasons i have ever seen on television, its no word for it how bad it was, the only thing that saved this season from a complete disaster was the development between Dan and Blair, nothing else.
    Season 5 have started better then i thought, but is what i think so far of season 5.

puppybunny1

[7]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 13

This show is getting awful. Does everyone need to be in love with Blair? Let's just let Blair and Chuck go off into the sunset and end the show. The overly hyped 100th episode is really bad.

puppybunny1

[8]Jan 31, 2012

The only way to save this show now is for it to jump 5 years into the future where everyone are grownups with careers. Else, just cancel this show now and let Chuck/Blair go off into the sunset. Nate and Serena should be together. They are both spoiled. Dan and the REAL Charlie/Lola deserve each other. They are talented and down to earth.

Chace_Welling

[9]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 4

Wow, a lot of negative comments. I'm sorry to everyone who thought Gossip Girl would be an intellectual show where the characters discuss politics at every opportunity because it's so obvious that this was the intent of the writers! If you don't like the show, stop watching but don't pretend the show is way worse than it was before because of all the drama. The show started with the exact same drama and so it continues (minus the annoying Jenny and Vanessa).

Let's admit that in a show where everything is hunky dory, there isn't a lot of entertainment: Nate finds his true love (maybe THE Charlie Rhodes), Serena makes up her mind and ends up with Dan, Blair and Chuck get married and live happily ever after. That doesn't sound like good TVto me so I vote in favor of drama. We need Chuck and Blair to suffer (maybe with someone else for a change but still) and we need Serena to continue being the confused blonde that she is. Otherwise, we need new characters or a new show all together.

For those people who are interested to see silly drama that occupies the lives of the rich who have nothing better to worry about and for those who enjoy seeing beautiful outfits and expensive shoes, the show is still delivering. I suggest people stop being so negative, after all no one forces you to watch the show.

puppybunny1

[10]Feb 14, 2012

The Valentine's Day episode about Cupid is so lame. The High School party theme was so fitting. Everyone acted like he/she is still in HS. I mean Dan, Blair, Serena, and Chuck.

LegendKiller87

[11]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 17

I want Nate & Ivy

BlairRules

[12]Apr 17, 2012

I liked the first season the most, the others are not bad.

but I do feel that the reality of the show was better at first. offcourse with all the drama i dont take allot of things seriously. but with some things i feel like they could have spend more time on.

for example the lost son of rufus and lilly, he was at there wedding and then suddenly was gone? never heard of him again? they never take a minute to call him how he is doing. he just doesnt excist?

blair lost her baby, and no one ever asked her afterwards how she is doing. they just moved happily on.
    no one asked about her divorce no media or magazine. its just natural that a marriage didnt last for a week.

i could go one with these things but i think you get it I still like GG and i wil continue watching but i guess that there are more things that the show doesnt write about and moves on to quickly to another subject that its lost its touch of reality.

BlairRules

[13]Apr 17, 2012

And they were all at Columbia, what happend when did they all drop out? and why?

puppybunny1

[14]Apr 25, 2012

This show is unwatchable. Poor writing make good actors look bad. I was hoping that it will be canceled so that good actors can find better jobs projects. It is such a waste of talent for Leighten/Blair and Chuck/Ed.

charmed05

[15]May 1, 2012
    • level: 15

blair rules

dan maybe quit school after getting a book deal,, nate said SCHOOL and working at the paper but we didn't see it. Blair got engaged to a prince so I guess she stopped going. Serena got a job. And No, people mention blair losing the baby and movin on but that's just not true really. The episode did focus on her and chuck 5x11, but it was because she lost the baby. I lost the baby, I can't lose chuck too. She was going to church everyday, so while a lot of the convo may have been about chuck, it could be about the baby as well. Though no proof of either you guys saying there isn't anything, or that there was. Yes on the no word I think, unless there was a gossip girl blast. It wasn't a week.

rebachick94

[16]Dec 22, 2012
    • level: 16
    I haven't watched the show too much, so I can't say a whole lot. From what I've read, it seems like the writers really messed it up. People hate the characters, and a lot of the stuff that happened in the show never happenend in the books.