Gossip Girl Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Is it just me or is Serena REALLY annoying?

pgsuperfan

[41]Nov 9, 2010
    • level: 25

She is she dumped Dan like three times last night

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

WavesOfJoy

[42]Nov 9, 2010
    • level: 12
    Serena is annoying. But I'm tired of the Nate and Serena, Serena and Dan, Serena and Nate, then Dan then Nate then Dan then Nate then Dan and Nate. It just keeps getting redundant! Every time they bring in new characters on this show they find a reason to let them leave. Colin made Serena seem less annoying, since the love triangle wasn't going on. So they need for Nate and Dan to just completely give up on her. Let Colin date her;a nd have her fly with him on every business trip so we can get more Blair!!

CarynJack

[43]Nov 12, 2010
    • level: 4

OH MY WORD THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was just watching one of the end episodes of season 3 and i was like i cant take this anymore. i was thinking oh my word i have to complain then i saw this forum!! Serena is an absolute **** Shes so selfish and conniving and slutty i cant stand it shes like the local mattress. what good is she? its like she tries to act like a little girl to get guys attention. i cant stand her at all as far as im concerned i want to pull her hair out! i also cant stand the actress why couldnt they use someone else ?

iheartgreys101

[44]Nov 16, 2010
    • level: 5
    CarynJack wrote:

OH MY WORD THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was just watching one of the end episodes of season 3 and i was like i cant take this anymore. i was thinking oh my word i have to complain then i saw this forum!! Serena is an absolute **** Shes so selfish and conniving and slutty i cant stand it shes like the local mattress. what good is she? its like she tries to act like a little girl to get guys attention. i cant stand her at all as far as im concerned i want to pull her hair out! i also cant stand the actress why couldnt they use someone else ?

Haha I feel your pain, its the reason I started this thread in the first place. In my opinion, all the other characters have grown and gotten better with each season, but Serena's just become worse and more slutty with every episode and she's just getting away with everything! The good news is, clearly this is getting through to the writers and they've actually started taking jibes at her promiscuity and ability to just get away with everything on screen. This whole Juliet-Vanessa-Jenny thing better work, I don't want it to be another typical GG in-favour-of-Serena ending where they're exposed and everyone hates them and everyone feels sorry for poor Serena, that's getting annoying now. I hate how she was so shocked that the Dean asked her to leave Columbia, sure she didn't end up actually sleeping with Collin, but she might as well have! I'm happy that other people feel the same way as I do lol.

torontogirl98

[45]Nov 22, 2010
    • level: 19
    I am starting to get really sick of her now the stupid love triangles and high school drama, but I really can't stand the Juliet plot even more it is totally stupid and insane

daiaj

[46]Jan 11, 2011
    • level: 1

I just got finished watching season 4, episode 10. OMG, it pissed me off soooo much that Serena still has the audacity to interrupt her mother's speech to be so dramatic. That just goes to show that she has a subconscious superiority thing going on, then got reinstated into Columbia.Then, everyone just backs her up about being so angry with her mother when all she was trying to do was help, granted, she made a mistake - but what's a women to do with a slut as a daughter?! & It's small things like that that make Serena's character so unlikeable... she just does anything, and how SHE feels is the only feeling that matters. It's like, on top of all the other character's plotting and scheming, they are still human. Serena's character is just so un-relateable.That, on top of the fact she isn't as gorgeous as the writers try to portray her to be... so whenshe ends up in these situations were men just "can't resist her", viewers are left unable to feel the intense sexual frustration/ that the scene was meant to convey.

UGH, if you ask me the show needs to seriously start to re-write her character's role in the show.I'm not saying she has to stop being a slut, but maybe she should start to gain some better control of reality, because at this rate it's going downnnhill.

jstitely1

[47]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 12

I personally believe serena had a right to be angry at her mother about the ben situation. nothing happened, yet lilly put him in jail. so hes been in a jail for a couple of years and now for the rest of his life will face discrimination based on something he didn't do. serena had a right to be upset.

pumpkinonastick

[48]Jan 18, 2011
    • level: 2

haha! you have stole the words out of my mouth. I totally agree. I find Serena very annoying. She doesn't take any responsibility for her actions, things 'just happen' to her and she doesn't understand why! because she's so cute and blond and adorable how can this be?!. Then she is a jerk if things don't go her way.. ugh. I don't even hope that her character improves throughout the show really. In my opinion the most interesting character is Chuck.

iheartgreys101

[49]Jan 26, 2011

daiaj wrote:

I just got finished watching season 4, episode 10. OMG, it pissed me off soooo much that Serena still has the audacity to interrupt her mother's speech to be so dramatic. That just goes to show that she has a subconscious superiority thing going on, then got reinstated into Columbia.Then, everyone just backs her up about being so angry with her mother when all she was trying to do was help, granted, she made a mistake - but what's a women to do with a slut as a daughter?! & It's small things like that that make Serena's character so unlikeable... she just does anything, and how SHE feels is the only feeling that matters. It's like, on top of all the other character's plotting and scheming, they are still human. Serena's character is just so un-relateable.That, on top of the fact she isn't as gorgeous as the writers try to portray her to be... so whenshe ends up in these situations were men just "can't resist her", viewers are left unable to feel the intense sexual frustration/ that the scene was meant to convey.

UGH, if you ask me the show needs to seriously start to re-write her character's role in the show.I'm not saying she has to stop being a slut, but maybe she should start to gain some better control of reality, because at this rate it's going downnnhill.

I knoww, I'm so pissed at the writers haha, as usual they turned around everything and made Serena look innocent... except she really wasn't! I hate how she just has to find someone to blame for her mistakes all the time, even if its her own mother! Heck, if her mother hadn't "betrayed her", she wouldn't have gotten into Constance and then definitely not Columbia/Yale/Brown/whichever other Ivy League school was ridiculous enough to accept her. Haha I totally agree with you- what's a woman to do with a slut as a daughter?! Yes, even though for example Blair does pretty out-there things, we still love her because she's so human and they don't show her as perfect and people do get mad at her and stuff. With Serena, everything just falls into place and no one ever blames her for anything. And yes, I used to read the books where Serena was so achingly gorgeous and I don't think Blake Lively lives up to that description, sure she has a hot body and shows that off in everything she wears, whether its in tiny shorts to UNIVERSITY or yet another party, but I don't think her face or persona justifies all those guys falling hopelessly in love with her and forgiving her for always letting them down. I agree, I've gotten so annoyed with her this season that it's literally putting me off GG altogether. Only thing keeping me watching is Blair (and now this little thing with Dan, which is cute and if Serena finally loses something to Blair I'll be a happy camper).
    jstitely1 wrote:

I personally believe serena had a right to be angry at her mother about the ben situation. nothing happened, yet lilly put him in jail. so hes been in a jail for a couple of years and now for the rest of his life will face discrimination based on something he didn't do. serena had a right to be upset.

If she was a normal daughter who HADN'T tried to sleep with her teacher when she was 15 years old, then yes absolutely she had a right to be angry with her mother. However, if Ben hadn't been responsible and refused, she would've slept with him right there in that motel and then the accusations would have been true. Also, as someone said above, what's a woman to do with a slutty, irresponsible daughter like Serena? The Ivy League university that she's currently enjoying wouldn't have been possible without Lily's lie and it's not like Serena's giving up her education anytime soon- her mom pretty much blackmailed the Dean into letting her stay after the whole Colin fiasco. Even in that situation, in a normal world, Serena would still be in deep trouble because she went with a Professor to a party and kissed him, but no according to her, its only wrong if they actually sleep together because anything else is just innocent in her eyes. And she could still be angry with her mother, but also acknowledge to herself and her friends that it was her promiscuity and complete disregard for anyone but herself that led to her mother doing such an awful thing, but what annoys me is that she just passes on the complete blame for all her actions.
    pumpkinonastick wrote:

haha! you have stole the words out of my mouth. I totally agree. I find Serena very annoying. She doesn't take any responsibility for her actions, things 'just happen' to her and she doesn't understand why! because she's so cute and blond and adorable how can this be?!. Then she is a jerk if things don't go her way.. ugh. I don't even hope that her character improves throughout the show really. In my opinion the most interesting character is Chuck.

Haha I agree with you on all of the above. For me, the most interesting character is Blair, I absolutely love her!

ronswanson

[50]Jan 30, 2011
    • level: 3

You couldn't be more right, she has 20 something love interest per season andapart from being a whore all she does is publicly humiliate her mother for uncalled and misunderstood reasons.. it's seriously getting old and i for one am sick of her getting away with everything and victimizing her home wrecking ways.. Blake lively's character really needs improvement..

mange85

[51]Feb 9, 2011
    • level: 6

Serena is a annoying person and will always be that, beacause she wants everyone to see her has the victim and a dumb blond she is.

And the only interesting person now is Blair...

iheartgreys101

[52]Feb 9, 2011
    Omg wasn't Serena JUST in love with Dan like an episode or two ago?!? And now she has 'feelings' for Ben and she wants him to live with her ex boyfriend who she dumped after FINALLY "choosing" him in that long strung out battle between Dan and Nate. Can this woman control herself and stay away from men for a while and maybe concentrate on the Ivy League school that she doesn't deserve to be in, but is in regardless?!?! She is absolutely unbelievable and I'm surprised the writers haven't noticed it yet, because she needs to be treated harshly by the characters soon for her actions if I'm going to have any faith in this show at all!

mange85

[53]Feb 10, 2011
    iheartgreys101 wrote:
    Omg wasn't Serena JUST in love with Dan like an episode or two ago?!? And now she has 'feelings' for Ben and she wants him to live with her ex boyfriend who she dumped after FINALLY "choosing" him in that long strung out battle between Dan and Nate. Can this woman control herself and stay away from men for a while and maybe concentrate on the Ivy League school that she doesn't deserve to be in, but is in regardless?!?! She is absolutely unbelievable and I'm surprised the writers haven't noticed it yet, because she needs to be treated harshly by the characters soon for her actions if I'm going to have any faith in this show at all!

I agree completly with you, you are right and correct that you are writing about Serena.

charmed4eva112

[54]Feb 10, 2011
    • level: 20
    I just think Serena, at this point, needs a triple dose of reality. Get her permanently kicked out of Columbia, get dumped by Ben and maybe get a reality check in the process so she can finally grow up and mature. At this rate, though, I don't know if that'll happen. She's gotten worse since leaving high school.

iheartgreys101

[55]Apr 27, 2011
    Ugh she's back to being a pain in the ass. I love how she hasn't once acknowledged the fact that it's because of HER and her slutty ways that her mom thought to fake that rape charge thing, to save what was left of her education, and is now on house arrest. She just looks holier-than-thou and acts like the perfect family person when she's the cause for all their problems! And now she's trying to mess with Blair's relationships! Does she own Dan?! She had him hanging onto her like a puppy dog for an entire season and her indecisiveness between him and Nate killed their relationship and even when she 'had him', she didn't give him enough time and NOW she's all concerned about Dan and Blair?! Has she conveniently forgotten that she SLEPT with Nate back in Season 1, who was Blair's long-term boyfriend at the time?! All Dan and Blair have done is have a nice, mature friendship/possible more-than-friendship that revolves around intelligent discussions, wit and culture, as opposed to a relationship based on s3x/rescuing Serena from her bad choices, which is the only way Serena knows how to do it! I can't stand the judgemental way she's acting! Serena really needs to go get hit by a bus or something, the way they constantly remove all blame from her character and make her so freakin annoying is just getting on my last nerve.

gamrgrl007

[56]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 10
    iheartgreys101 wrote:
    Ugh she's back to being a pain in the ass. I love how she hasn't once acknowledged the fact that it's because of HER and her slutty ways that her mom thought to fake that rape charge thing, to save what was left of her education, and is now on house arrest. She just looks holier-than-thou and acts like the perfect family person when she's the cause for all their problems! And now she's trying to mess with Blair's relationships! Does she own Dan?! She had him hanging onto her like a puppy dog for an entire season and her indecisiveness between him and Nate killed their relationship and even when she 'had him', she didn't give him enough time and NOW she's all concerned about Dan and Blair?! Has she conveniently forgotten that she SLEPT with Nate back in Season 1, who was Blair's long-term boyfriend at the time?! All Dan and Blair have done is have a nice, mature friendship/possible more-than-friendship that revolves around intelligent discussions, wit and culture, as opposed to a relationship based on s3x/rescuing Serena from her bad choices, which is the only way Serena knows how to do it! I can't stand the judgemental way she's acting! Serena really needs to go get hit by a bus or something, the way they constantly remove all blame from her character and make her so freakin annoying is just getting on my last nerve.

Damn, yeah!!! WTF is wrong with Serena? Where did she get off telling Blair that "the only thing you find interesting about Dan is that he was mine" or whatever? Wow, smug. The whole I-f'ed-Nate in S1 was what caused the dominoes to topple over. Dan and Blair are a breath of fresh air on a show stifled by casual s*x and after that, casual blackmailing of all sorts. They don't have to be a couple, even a friendship is appreciable at this point. And now that Blair's dating the Prince, Serena's messing with someone in France just to show Blair! OMFG. I can't deal with her shallowness. I'm glad Blair told her off, though. Dan needed to diss her proper too.

mange85

[57]May 1, 2011

gamrgrl007 wrote:
    iheartgreys101 wrote:

Damn, yeah!!! WTF is wrong with Serena? Where did she get off telling Blair that "the only thing you find interesting about Dan is that he was mine" or whatever? Wow, smug. The whole I-f'ed-Nate in S1 was what caused the dominoes to topple over. Dan and Blair are a breath of fresh air on a show stifled by casual s*x and after that, casual blackmailing of all sorts. They don't have to be a couple, even a friendship is appreciable at this point. And now that Blair's dating the Prince, Serena's messing with someone in France just to show Blair! OMFG. I can't deal with her shallowness. I'm glad Blair told her off, though. Dan needed to diss her proper too.

I agree with both of you. The character Serena have taken several steps backword in character development this season, th ewriters have hit a season low with her character, and i can´t see anything that will give away that they are going to change that. The other characters on Gossip Girl this season have grown up and the development of this characters have gone in the right direction. Take the friendship (maybe something more than friendship) bertween Dan and Blair, that have been the best thing that have happen this season of Gossip Girl, and now serena really think that Dan only belong to er, and no one else, she is a *****, and tell Blair that to her face. Now Serena becomes jealous of her and Dan and thier connection and relationship. So serena most destroy it, beacause serena cant stand it what Dan and Blair have incomment, in her own very twisted mind, Dan still belongs to her, beacause she still believe in her mine that they are still together and they never broke up, only took a pause from each other. Over the last 4 seasons the writers have messed her character so much, that they don´t now what to with her any more, they ahve stopped develop serena and shifted focus to the other characters instead and develop them instead. In this season we could see that very clearly.

THE WRITERS AND THE PRODUCERS MOST NOW TAKE A STAND, WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO WITH SERENA IN SEASON FIVE, THEY MOST DECIDE WHAT WAY AND DIRECTION THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE WITH HER (SERENA) CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, BECAUSE SOMETHING DRASTIC MOST HAPPEN TO HER, OTHER WISE THEY CAN KILL HER OF RIGHT NOW AND WRITE HER OUT OF THE SHOW, LIKE THEY DID IN END OF THE O.C SEASON 3, THE VERY SAME METHOH CAN THE THEY APPLY ON GOSSIP GIRL. Beacause serena won´t be missed by no one, and i mean no one. I agree that Dan most tell Serena to piss of and stay out of my life forever.

saphire382

[58]May 6, 2011

saying serena is annoying, is putting it lightly

if she is written off the show i would not shed a tear

qqqq

[59]Oct 31, 2012

I can not stand Serena! She is so hollow, never learns from her experience. She thought dressing up with new outfits and going out with different guys every day makes her a different and better than others. I am just so fed up seeing her ugly face and characters. She is disgusting!

FernandoCorra

[60]Nov 23, 2012

Oh Man I fuc** Hat Her too. Hope she gets all alone in the finale..or with some hope that she got herself kill..