Gossip Girl Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

reasons why we hate jenny

  • Avatar of caz259

    caz259

    [41]Feb 7, 2008
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 969

    jenny didnt stuff up blair and nate's relationship, they stuffed it up themselves. Jenny was just being a friend to nate and trying to be one to blair. and she wasn't mean to elise, she was just being a teenage girl who wanted to be accepted and she finally got her chance. and you can tell she was hesitant at the end, with making elise the new follower. and why does blair get forgiven for all the stuff she pulls, but jenny is hated?

    and jenny's not a b!tch, especially not compared to the others on the show. she's just trying to figure out who she is. plus dan would have found out about serena's "pregnancy" eventually and jenny's his sister. she has the most right out of anyone, except serena, to tell him. And jenny didn't kiss nate, nate kissed her and she practically ran away from him. and she was trying to be a friend to blair when she told her the truth.

    and it's not the books it's the tv show. of course the characters aren't the same, that would be completely boring if it was.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of charmed_babe64

    charmed_babe64

    [42]Feb 7, 2008
    • member since: 04/09/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 347
    caz259 wrote:

    and why does blair get forgiven for all the stuff she pulls, but jenny is hated?

    Because Blair has more going on with her than just being a social climber. Blair has issues, we can sympathize with Blair. But Jenny doesn't seem to have any problems.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of love_jl

    love_jl

    [43]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 12/06/07
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 6,720
    reviving the thread
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chosenchic

    chosenchic

    [44]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 01/29/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,866
    caz259 wrote:

    and why does blair get forgiven for all the stuff she pulls, but jenny is hated?

    Because Blair's the sh*t and Jenny is just sh*t? Lol. In all seriousness, I didn't really like the way Blair was acting in 113 but I really felt for her towards the end when she wanted to leave. Lil J on the other hand annoys me greatly. The only time I liked her was at the end of Dare Devil -- she was seriously my favourite character at that point

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Firetears

    Firetears

    [45]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 06/26/04
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 9,384
    lilpeach wrote:
    Jordan_Alexa wrote:
    love_jl wrote:
    Firetears wrote:
    Because she's sweet and she put Blair's ho ass in her place!


    do you like her?


    yeah;; that kind of sounds like a Jenny-lover comment.


    are you with us?


    No. I don't LOVE Jenny but I certainly don't hate her. Blair on the other hand... after all the sh** she pulled, I'm starting to hate her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of crazyinluv

    crazyinluv

    [46]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 01/02/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 294

    I actually like Jenny when she knows what she is doing, the part with the Truth and Dare game was awesome coz J was awesome in it. Its so weird that all the so-called bad characters are loved more than the good ones who are generally liked and sympathised. ( case in point: people love Chuck and Blair despite of the fact that Blair can be a b!tch at times and Chuck can churn out the most perverted remarks, but don't really like jenny and Nate, where Jenny is trying to fit in and make a mark in that social circle and Nate's life is crumbling apart). I dunno if it is just about the acting abilities or if ppl actually luv bad guyz/ galz . I, really like J when she is being a rebel and actually doing something, instead of working as Blair's maid and trying to be lil miss goody-two-shoes.

    P.S I might sound like C & B h8r here but i love them both!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chosenchic

    chosenchic

    [47]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 01/29/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 2,866
    crazyinluv wrote:

    I actually like Jenny when she knows what she is doing, the part with the Truth and Dare game was awesome coz J was awesome in it. Its so weird that all the so-called bad characters are loved more than the good ones who are generally liked and sympathised. ( case in point: people love Chuck and Blair despite of the fact that Blair can be a b!tch at times and Chuck can churn out the most perverted remarks, but don't really like jenny and Nate, where Jenny is trying to fit in and make a mark in that social circle and Nate's life is crumbling apart). I dunno if it is just about the acting abilities or if ppl actually luv bad guyz/ galz . I, really like J when she is being a rebel and actually doing something, instead of working as Blair's maid and trying to be lil miss goody-two-shoes.

    P.S I might sound like C & B h8r here but i love them both!

    Yeah I don't really get the C/B love either. I like Blair even though she's a b at times but Chuck just doesn't do it for the way he does for others on this board. I love Nate because a)he's effing gorgeous (yes I'm shallow) and b) he's not really a "stock" character like he doesn't fit into this neat little mold.

    I think I need to explain that a little more. Dan is like the loner boy, Serena's the bad girl gone good, Chuck is the lovable bad boy and Blair is the Queen Bee who's insecure. Oh and Jenny's the naive girl trying to fit in. Nate doesn't really have a title or neat little label that you can give him and yes he's made several mistakes and I hate the way he's treated Blair in the beginning but flawed characters are the most real (not to say that everyone else is perfect because they aren't) and I just love him for that.

    As for lil J, I liked her until the last episode. She really annoyed me in that one. Still think she was awesome in Dare Devil though

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of m0llyyXx

    m0llyyXx

    [48]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 12/27/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 1

    She is a stupid freshman && gives all other freshmen a bad name.

    I loved the list.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bliarxoxo

    bliarxoxo

    [49]Feb 10, 2008
    • member since: 11/10/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,350
    jenny is a todal wanna bee she should be her oen person sand then the way she treated blair was horrbile blair had that bicth
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lilpeach

    lilpeach

    [50]Feb 11, 2008
    • member since: 12/21/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 66

    1. because she's a total b!tch.
    2. she's a total wannabe
    3. she sticks her nose in business that isn't hers
    4. she gives her mom such attitude when she's the one that brought her back
    5. she's just a major pain in the a$$
    6. her facial expressions are dumb
    7. she made her mom feel bad about the clothes she bought her
    8. she eavesdrops on conversations
    9. she cheated her way into the 'in-crowd'
    10. she's not "the real jenny" like from the books
    11. she got Dan in trouble for freaking out on the Gossip Girl page about Serena being pregnant
    12. she practically begged her way into Kiss On The Lips party
    13. she called Blair 'B'
    14. she was mean to elise even though she knew what it felt like
    15. she took Blair's place on the steps of the Met
    16. she's just really annoying
    17. Wayyy TOO naive...
    18. at the end of episode 13, she acts as if she's the new Queen of the UES like Blair is totally replaceable
    19. she's so infuriating.
    20. the way she talks is so annoying!
    21. she's just really pathetic
    22. She kissed Nate

    23. she's such a social climber

    24. she is a stupid freshman & gives all other freshmen a bad name.

    25. she let Blair pay for the broken clasp of the bracelet --- she's totally a user!!!

    26. she's a life-ruiner.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 12678

    12678

    [51]Mar 5, 2008
    • member since: 02/04/08
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 1,438
    Heeey! none of the reasons that you give are really valid.... Blair has done SO much worse things!! I think Jenny, Serena and Dan are the nicest people on the show... I love Blair and the show would be horrible without her, but if I'd hate someone it would have to be Blair.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jessiscool5454

    jessiscool5454

    [52]Mar 5, 2008
    • member since: 01/08/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 865
    i agree shes not the exact same jenny from the books but seriously most of the reasons that are listed don't even make sense to me. or they just are pointless. like..shes so infuriating. ...? wheres the actual reason? she's just really annoying..again..wheres the actual reason? she is like jenny from the books though in the way that she wants to be part of the in crowd.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lilpeach

    lilpeach

    [53]Mar 5, 2008
    • member since: 12/21/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 66
    jessiscool5454 wrote:
    i agree shes not the exact same jenny from the books but seriously most of the reasons that are listed don't even make sense to me. or they just are pointless. like..shes so infuriating. ...? wheres the actual reason? she's just really annoying..again..wheres the actual reason? she is like jenny from the books though in the way that she wants to be part of the in crowd.


    19. she's so infuriating --- her very existence is infuriating. she's pretty much like her mother, allison. but i don't want her to go though i want her ruined by blair first.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jordan_Alexa

    Jordan_Alexa

    [54]Mar 5, 2008
    • member since: 06/04/07
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 1,979
    1. because she's a total b!tch.
    2. she's a total wannabe
    3. she sticks her nose in business that isn't hers
    4. she gives her mom such attitude when she's the one that brought her back
    5. she's just a major pain in the a$$
    6. her facial expressions are dumb
    7. she made her mom feel bad about the clothes she bought her
    8. she eavesdrops on conversations
    9. she cheated her way into the 'in-crowd'
    10. she's not "the real jenny" like from the books
    11. she got Dan in trouble for freaking out on the Gossip Girl page about Serena being pregnant
    12. she practically begged her way into Kiss On The Lips party
    13. she called Blair 'B'
    14. she was mean to elise even though she knew what it felt like
    15. she took Blair's place on the steps of the Met
    16. she's just really annoying
    17. Wayyy TOO naive...
    18. at the end of episode 13, she acts as if she's the new Queen of the UES like Blair is totally replaceable
    19. she's so infuriating.
    20. the way she talks is so annoying!
    21. she's just really pathetic
    22. She kissed Nate
    23. she's such a social climber
    24. she is a stupid freshman & gives all other freshmen a bad name. 25. she let Blair pay for the broken clasp of the bracelet --- she's totally a user!!!
    26. she's a life-ruiner.
    27. she's only Blair's friend when it can benefit her
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jordan_Alexa

    Jordan_Alexa

    [55]Mar 5, 2008
    • member since: 06/04/07
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 1,979
    charmed_babe64 wrote:
    caz259 wrote:

    and why does blair get forgiven for all the stuff she pulls, but jenny is hated?

    Because Blair has more going on with her than just being a social climber. Blair has issues, we can sympathize with Blair. But Jenny doesn't seem to have any problems.



    exactly.
    Blair has a reason to be a b!tch, Jenny has no reason at all.
    the only problem in Jenny's life is that her parents are separated. and I don't think thats a good enough reason to act like a b!tch. pretty much all the kids on the show don't live with both of their parents and they deal with it.
    but Blair, on the other hand, well I can't even put out how many problems Blair's had to face.

    so when it comes down to it, I can feel total sympathy with Blair, and not just because she's my favorite character, but Jenny, well I can't muster any sympathy towards her.
    so thats why I don't like Jenny.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BunnySlippers06

    BunnySlippers06

    [56]Mar 6, 2008
    • member since: 09/16/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 448

    Jenny's actions in Episode 13 were totally understandable. People are saying they feel sorry for Blair because she has issues (1) eating disorder, 2) her mother's criticism, 3) her father's abandonment, 4) Roman, 5) Serena's betrayal and her jealousy towards Serena, 6) Nate). But Jenny probably has no clue what Blair is going through. She clearly doesn't know about the eating disorder. She doesn't know about her mother's criticism. She doesn't know about Roman or Blair's father. All she knows is that Nate cheated on Blair and if that's the only thing that a rich girl like Blair had to deal with I wouldn't feel sorry for her. All Jenny sees is what's on the outside. A girl like Jenny idolized what Blair has and what she stands for. Blair is rich, beautiful, and popular. So what does Blair have to worry about?

    And for those of you who say that you don't feel sorry for Jenny because she doesn't have anything to worry about, there are many issues Jenny has to face. Just because it's not an eating disorder doesn't make it any less real. One of these issues is that she's an outsider among the UES kids. She has nothing compared to these kids and she struggles to fit in. She lives in Brooklyn. She shares a room with her brother that has a garage door in the middle of it. Her parents are divorced. Her mother abandoned her much like Blair's father abandoned her except Blair's father lives in France and Jenny's mother lives in Hudson.

    And I don't think Blair acts the way she does because of the things going on in her life. That's just Blair. She is who she is. And her problems are no excuse for her to treat people (including Jenny) the way she does. Blair pretty much duped Jenny into coming to the sleepover in Episode 5 and then got her arrested. And then continues to belittle Jenny even after Jenny fixed her dress at the Cotillion.

    So obviously Jenny feels compelled to get revenge. She's tired of it. Blair has the looks, the money, and the friends so it's no excuse for her to act the way she does. Keep in mind that Jenny doesn't really know what goes on behind closed doors. She's not that close to Blair in that respect.

    But I love Blair - so don't get me wrong when I say all this. And I have to admit, Jenny does annoy me sometimes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BunnySlippers06

    BunnySlippers06

    [57]Mar 6, 2008
    • member since: 09/16/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 448

    1. because she's a total b!tch. False.
    2. she's a total wannabe True.
    3. she sticks her nose in business that isn't hers Maybe it's cause she's caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. (except when she eavesdropped on Dan and Serena)
    4. she gives her mom such attitude when she's the one that brought her back True.
    5. she's just a major pain in the a$$ ???
    6. her facial expressions are dumb ???
    7. she made her mom feel bad about the clothes she bought her True.
    8. she eavesdrops on conversations Once.
    9. she cheated her way into the 'in-crowd' What's the right way to do that?
    10. she's not "the real jenny" like from the books None of the characters are like their book counterparts.
    11. she got Dan in trouble for freaking out on the Gossip Girl page about Serena being pregnant Dan got himself into trouble. Naturally, Jenny would freak out. She's not a subtle person.
    12. she practically begged her way into Kiss On The Lips party She made the invitations. I say she worked for it.
    13. she called Blair 'B' Because Jenny thought Blair was a friend.
    14. she was mean to elise even though she knew what it felt like I agree. That was wrong.
    15. she took Blair's place on the steps of the Met Yeah.
    16. she's just really annoying ???
    17. Wayyy TOO naive... She's young. And she wasn't raised like the Upper East Side kids.
    18. at the end of episode 13, she acts as if she's the new Queen of the UES like Blair is totally replaceable ???
    19. she's so infuriating. ???
    20. the way she talks is so annoying! ??? (Poor Taylor Momsen?)
    21. she's just really pathetic ???
    22. She kissed Nate Nate kissed her. She ran away from him.
    23. she's such a social climber So is Blair.
    24. she is a stupid freshman & gives all other freshmen a bad name. Ugh...freshmen.

    25. she let Blair pay for the broken clasp of the bracelet --- she's totally a user!!! That's nothing to Blair. I don't think it means she's a user.
    26. she's a life-ruiner. Blair's life isn't ruined. And it's not because of Jenny (completely). It's because of Blair, Chuck, and Hazel/Penny.
    27. she's only Blair's friend when it can benefit her I disagree.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of crazyinluv

    crazyinluv

    [58]Mar 7, 2008
    • member since: 01/02/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 294
    BunnySlippers06 wrote:

    1. because she's a total b!tch. False.
    2. she's a total wannabe True.
    3. she sticks her nose in business that isn't hers Maybe it's cause she's caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. (except when she eavesdropped on Dan and Serena)
    4. she gives her mom such attitude when she's the one that brought her back True.
    5. she's just a major pain in the a$$ ???
    6. her facial expressions are dumb ???
    7. she made her mom feel bad about the clothes she bought her True.
    8. she eavesdrops on conversations Once.
    9. she cheated her way into the 'in-crowd' What's the right way to do that?
    10. she's not "the real jenny" like from the books None of the characters are like their book counterparts.
    11. she got Dan in trouble for freaking out on the Gossip Girl page about Serena being pregnant Dan got himself into trouble. Naturally, Jenny would freak out. She's not a subtle person.
    12. she practically begged her way into Kiss On The Lips party She made the invitations. I say she worked for it.
    13. she called Blair 'B' Because Jenny thought Blair was a friend.
    14. she was mean to elise even though she knew what it felt like I agree. That was wrong.
    15. she took Blair's place on the steps of the Met Yeah.
    16. she's just really annoying ???
    17. Wayyy TOO naive... She's young. And she wasn't raised like the Upper East Side kids.
    18. at the end of episode 13, she acts as if she's the new Queen of the UES like Blair is totally replaceable ???
    19. she's so infuriating. ???
    20. the way she talks is so annoying! ??? (Poor Taylor Momsen?)
    21. she's just really pathetic ???
    22. She kissed Nate Nate kissed her. She ran away from him.
    23. she's such a social climber So is Blair.
    24. she is a stupid freshman & gives all other freshmen a bad name. Ugh...freshmen.

    25. she let Blair pay for the broken clasp of the bracelet --- she's totally a user!!! That's nothing to Blair. I don't think it means she's a user.
    26. she's a life-ruiner. Blair's life isn't ruined. And it's not because of Jenny (completely). It's because of Blair, Chuck, and Hazel/Penny.
    27. she's only Blair's friend when it can benefit her I disagree.

    I want to say just one word: Exactly!

    P.S I guess its not the best thing to say on a thread where 99% of the ppl hate Jenny, but I don't think think the Gal has done anything THAT bad! I'm not much of a Jenny 'lover' either but I would actually love to see her fight with Blair and it'll be a great plot for the upcoming series (or is it just me?? ). I guess every1 might have different reasons to hate her ( Even I hate certain characters), but I can't see her character being interesting as anything BUT a Social climber. For how long can they stretch the miss goody-two-shoes bit anyway. When it comes to TV shows people never accept the Black/White characters. J's character is simply 'grey'. She has her flaws but I don't see her character as repulsive. I think the only reason ppl are reacting so strongly is coz of the downfall of Blair, and Jenny is the easiest target to throw the blame at.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TakenMisery

    TakenMisery

    [59]Mar 7, 2008
    • member since: 07/10/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 836
    I can't say that I hate any of the characters... but I must say she is a bit of a user but then saying that so are many of the other characters... she tries to be something she is not... hmm... I would like to see her more, get some more stories and maybe see her climb the social ladder and then watch B take her down!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cherrypie12291

    cherrypie12291

    [60]Mar 7, 2008
    • member since: 03/13/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 68

    I really don't like how Jenny can forgive her mother(for leaving and having an affair)and isn't even angry, but was angry at her father for kissing Lily ONCE! I don't understand that family

    PS am I the only one who liked her in the first episode because she seemed...sweet? And after the Pilot, she seemed to go downhill?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.