Gossip Girl Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Season 5 no aim what so ever

badaly

[1]May 1, 2012
    • level: 6

Does anyone else think that this season was the worst of all? It is as if the writers do not know what to come up with anymore. The Nate character is the worst ... he is not evolving he is just a pretty face who sleeps with older women.It seems he has no purpose he is just there to fill the screen. And I don't like him with Lola ... she is fake, the actress is not very talented.

I kind of hope to see Dan and Blair together but there isn't any chemistry between the characters so it seems that Chuck is the best fit for Blair.

Serene makes one mistake after another ... she hasn't grown a bit ... only bad choices and no future. A professor/businessman (Colin from season 4), an old professor (Ben) and the whole gossip girl persona? Her character was better scripted and had a goal, but now nothing. It seems as Dan was the only good choice she ever made and he was the only one who kept her grounded.

As for Chuck, as far as I am concerned he is the most interesting character but the writers are ruining it ... bringing a fake mother, reviving his father, almost getting him killed etc etc ... it is too much. If it were in real life, Chuck would be in a deep depression right now and on medication. What a shame. Plus Bart being back it was predicable don't you think? I have seen it coming. When Blair opened the door I was sure Bart was the one she saw.

What happened to college ... I know college years pass so fast and are usually the best in ones life but they don't pass this fast ... a few months and then they are out of school running newspapers and getting married to prices and then divorces and the other stupid things.

I feel sorry for Rufus ... his character also has been neglected ... just a pretty face for a rich woman. Lilly has become a little cruel and their marriage is over; it was over even before this episode but now with Bart back it sure is. They cannot be legally married if Lilly is still married to Bart.

This show has no purpose, it is as if writers write each episode just to get an audience without really putting any effort into developing it ... moving forward and having an aim. Just nothing.

Does anyone else think that Dorota is Gossip Girl? I don't know but at the end I got the feeling she was GG.

Ok I am done now. Tell me if you agree.

Edited on 05/03/2012 5:50am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

charmed05

[2]May 1, 2012
    • level: 15

why is lola fake? why do you think she's not talented? Why did you say dorota was gossip girl at the end? No, she's not. And And true season5 doesn't have real aim, or story. Mostly finish up, chuck and blair. Yes, dan and blair don't have much chemistry. Bart being alive, no bart and Lily won't be reuniting if that's what you think. this isn't the most realistic chow, you already knew that. You should have, it's a drama, the scandalous lives of manhattan's elite.A professor/businessman, which are you talking about? Also you either have typos or maybe don't know english very well? Chuck not chick, and seems not seams* Feel* Yes, nate has become a pretty face.

Edited on 05/01/2012 3:25pm
    Edited 3 total times.

badaly

[3]May 3, 2012
    • level: 6
    Ok I have corrected the mistakes, I was disappointed when I wrote it and I didn't correct it. I understand it is fiction but not SF, the show is not believable anymore. The professor/businessman is Colin form season 4, she had an affair with him if you remember, Juliet's cousin.
    I don't like the actress who plays Lola, she is not a good actress, no talent. This is my opinion. Rufus and Lilly are over because Bart is still alive. If you remember he died which made Lilly a widow and she married Rufus; but now that he is alive, Lilly is legally married to Bart not Rufus.