Gossip Girl Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Serena?Dan/Nate

jstitely1

[1]May 7, 2010
    • level: 12

but does anyone else want Serena to get back with Dan? I personaly think this is more interesting than Dan/Vanessa and Serena has just gotten worse for me ever since they broke up for good. Also, Serenate isn't the same. I mean they are okay and I liekd them at ifrst, but I think Derena is better. Does anyone else agree?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

charmed4eva112

[2]May 9, 2010
    • level: 20
    I for sure agree. Season 1 Serena I found tolerable because she was so nice, sweet but also could stand up for herself if needed. Season 2 Serena wasn't bad, because at least Dan and Serena were still interacting and he was helping to keep her grounded. But season 3 Serena, well, I want to punch her in the face. She's annoying, and I know some people won't agree with me, but she's taken a complete 180 and turned into an early season 1 Blair! It's like the two have switched roles! And Serena/Nate is just bad this season. I definately wouldn't have minded in season 2, but season 3 is just downhill for all the characters anyways. I just want to see Dan/Serena give it another go in season 4, just as an experiment to see if it's her character or the people that she's with.

HappyGirl818

[3]May 10, 2010
    • level: 10

Hmmm.... I don't know. I was honestly so sick of Dan/Serena by the time they broke up for the 20 millionth time last season that I was so glad when they were over for good. I hate Dan and Vanessa. Actually, I just hate Vanessa with anyone period, she sucks anything interesting about the character she's paired up with right out. And though I've always wanted Serena and Nate together...I think the writers waited too long and should have done it last season because now it's just not what I expected.

So to answer your question I guess, at some point, I wouldn't mind a Dan/Serena reunion. Wow I never thought I'd actually say that lol But I don't think it should be for a while. I actually kind of want them to explore Dan/Blair a little bit.

charmed4eva112

[4]May 10, 2010
    Hmm, a Dan/Blair pairing? I'd pay good money to see that for a few episodes! I mean, they've done Vanessa/Chuck, so why not Dan/Blair? They definately waited too long for Nate/Serena and now I can't stand them together. I don't even know why. Vanessa has always been my least favourite and I really hope she doesn't come back next season. I heard she and Jenny are going to be gone for the first half of the season (Jenny because Taylor is going on tour and Jessica for who knows what reason) but I don't know how long they'll both be gone, or if they're gonna come back after the first half. I just want to see a Dan/Serena reunion to see if they still have the chemistry between them (or at least, if Blake/Penn do) and also, I just need to find a reason to like Serena again and maybe Dan could be the one to change her. Even if it's in late season 4, I wouldn't mind it at all. I just want Nate/Serena to be done and over with.

Kuuipo23

[5]May 10, 2010
    • level: 6

I am kind of torn. I LOVED Serena and Dan during Season 1. Dan was the sweet lonely boy who had a crush on the lovely Serena. And Serena was trying to overcome her less than stellar past. But after they kept breaking up and getting back together and the whole sleeping with the teacher thing I figured they needed a break. And well, I admit that I have always wondered about Serena and Nate. But I am just not feeling it and words cannot describe how much I hate Dan and Vanessa together.

So yeah, I think I am ready for a Dan and Serena reunion.

gamrgrl007

[6]May 11, 2010
    • level: 10

I for one, cannot stand Nate & Serena. First of all, Blake is so tall and strapping that she physically overwhelms Chace despite him being tall as well, and when he keeps running behind her for her to throw a few words at him, he looks completely unequal in the relationship. He seems to worship her, and she doesn't seem to give a damn about him. She has actually reduced him to a wuss. Unfortunate.

I mean, when was the last time Nate had a storyline - season 1? He's only on screen to get swiped aside by Serena at her convenience, so it almost comes as a relief when Jenny comes on the block, though that is yet another FAIL affair just about to happen.

They should put Nate back with Blair and spice up the Blair-Chuck story, because Nate IS serious competition for Chuck, not some rugby player or whatever. That outcome is TOO predictable.

As for Serena, right now I dislike her so much that I cannot throw even Dan in front of the bus. But it may help to get his contrived affair with Vanessa off the show, so, maybe...

As a whole the show is regressing into itself, so let's just do Season 1 again.

charmed4eva112

[7]May 11, 2010
    Agreed. The last episode, well, I felt that Serena was at her worst, maybe not her absolute worst, but it was pretty bad what she did to Rufus, and then yelling at Nate like it was all his fault. Just because he didn't support her stupid plan to get rid of Rufus and move in Daddy? Nate's right. Once somebody doesn't like Daddy VDW, she has to automatically get rid of them? Ridiculous. I really hope they break up. And soon. Last time was early season 2 with Lady Catherine I believe. That was the first and last time I found Nate enjoyable to watch. He's been such a dull character up to that point, and now he's a wuss. At least we had a few good episodes with him. I thought Jenny/Nate would be cute, but now I'm not so sure. Jenny needs a new guy, somebody her age, and somebody that's NOT a drug dealer or secretly gay And Nate? Well, he just needs a better woman period. No, scratch that, he needs a woman in general. Serena is not a woman. She's an immature child. I'm sorry Serena fans, she's just awful this season. How many guys has she been with in season 3 alone? Four? Five? Carter, Nate, Tripp, and I'm positive there was another affair somewhere in between them, and now, it looks like her and Dan MIGHT get back together.

I want to see if Dan can change her. If he can, hallelujah. If not, then Dan needs a new girlfriend, and someone that isn't Serena or Vanessa. There needs to be another good old season 1 scandal. Something that won't make us cringe every time it's mentioned (threesome) or something that lasts, like, two episodes (I can't even name them). A pregnancy scare? A proposal? ANYTHING!

WavesOfJoy

[8]May 11, 2010
    Serena is the most annoying this season...I mean she and Dan were a good fit in season 1 and season 2 was the breaking up phase...but i dont think getting them back together is a good thing...there's the factor that they're step brother and step sister..and i think serena would bring dan down...Serena and Nate are not a good couple...i actually never wanted to see them get together...and for some reason preferred when nate thought he liked jenny...They need for Serena to be just single...or find a job or hobby...she being in a relationship is very annoying...putting her in a new environment would be better...and Dan just needs to find someone new...he is going to uni...so there must be one option there..a girl that lives on his floor..someone in his class...something...and well Nate also needs a new storyline...having him not be so involved with the Van Der Woodens or Humphrys would be good...we all know he can't be with jenny since she's leaving...but something neww..please!

LeytonTLA

[9]May 13, 2010
    • level: 16

Dan and Serena totally, i was so happy when they leaned on each other in the limo, who cares if they are step borhter and sister lol, maybe they could begin an affiar behind nate and vanessas back and not tell anyone at all! Cos the family doesn't like them being together, or maybe they can realise there feelings and spend the whole season flirting (as long as its good writing it would work) i want it to be a case of oh my god just get back together you are so meant to be ... kinda like blair and chuck before they got together, i remember wanting them to be together soooo badly i could cry, and everytime you thought it was going to happen it didnt, i want that for dan and serena but not so that the attractions fades away, so that it builds up so much!!! I didnt know jenny was leaving!! I liked it when he lived with the humphreys and he had feelings for her, and he wrote her that letter, that was nice, but then he ended up with vanessa, i just want the normal jenny back - the one who said 'im not gonna forget who i am because i hang out with them' it would be nice to see her with nate but not as an affair, for them to become decent friends and then fall for each other, also nate is a bit stupid letting her live with him after everything she did to try break him and serena up , him and serena not meant to be! Dan and serena totally!!!!!!

pumpkin09

[10]May 13, 2010
    • level: 4

I don't know. I loved Dan/Serena together but I think her and Nate are cute too. I love the way that Nate acts with her but then again I've always loved Dan with her too!

carmencrishnaya

[11]May 15, 2010
    • level: 2

I just love chace so i so root for nate

jstitely1

[12]May 15, 2010

carmencrishnaya wrote:

I just love chace so i so root for nate

I love Chace too but his character is made like a doormat with Serena.

LeytonTLA

[13]May 15, 2010
    • level: 16

very true he needs to grow a pair when he is around her