Gossip Girl Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Should season 5 be the Last season of Gossip Girl?

KaileighSerle

[21]May 12, 2011
    • level: 1

Why don't you all just shutup and deal with it? All your stupid talk is not going to stop new seasons and episodes from airing. The actors are signed to a certain amount of seasons, once their contract is over, Gossip Girl will be over, so please, SHUT UP.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MingieMasuga

[22]Jun 15, 2011
    Smallville944 wrote:
    i say no season 5 shouldn't be the last go far a season 6 and make hat the last when Ed and Leighton's contract is finished

Looks like Season 5 will be interesting maybe even season 6. I love Gossip girl and hope they make more seasons. the way season 4 ends leaves you with a lot of questions and more anxious about the next one.

Natani

[23]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 6

How so? because we want to find out what stupid game, lily's sister has been playing? Seriously... Dan goes to the hamptons and defends the upper east siders? he has lost all of his character. Blair yet again attempts a ploy at achieving greatness by being a wife? all the while we saw she didn't want to let go of chuck, how can this prince louis be anything serious. Serena started being blair. Georgina they throw in for fun though she has a child, one should think that such an addition to ones life would be life altering.

I can't imagine learning anything new in a next season. Blair will be all over chuck again. Serena and dan will once again make things work. Lily and rufus will still be living off of lily's money. Nate will still be nate.

Oh yeah and vanessa sold her soul to the devil and dan will find out but later he will thank her because the others found out and hurt him and dumped him and he will YET again realize he is an outsider sigh

Natani

[24]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 6

why should we shut up? this is a forum is it not? allowed to discuss what we all feel like. If u don't want to be here it's your right but don't tell others what to do

chalidon1881

[26]Aug 6, 2011
    • level: 5

I actually wondering the same thing. I'm not sure if it should be the last season, but it should definitely consider making a final season soon.

NiallB31

[27]Sep 4, 2011
    • level: 8

Season 1 was amazing.

Season 2 was a bit too long and a bit of a let down for me.

Season 3 was brilliant.

Season 4 was the best they ever had.

I don't really know if I want season 5 to be the last. If it is I will loose Gossip Girl and Desperate Housewives. I think a 13 episode season 6 would be good to finish the series off. Or even an 18 episode season 6. It all really depends on how the storylines go for the first half of the season.

Season 6 should be the last. This opinion might change depending on how season 5 goes. And all depends on the ratings.

LegendKiller87

[28]Sep 4, 2011
    • level: 18

as long as they still have good ideas that can make the show go longer,I say keep going.but if they're just coming up with plots for episodes just to make the season longer,I say quit while it's still good

easha_babii

[29]Sep 17, 2011
    • level: 3
    as much as i love gossip girl if they continue to proceed on making more seasons they are just goin to kill the show itself :/

easha_babii

[30]Sep 17, 2011
    • level: 3

thats not completely tru if they dont get as much viewers they with have to stop the filming and with the contract the actors sign it does say that it all depends on how well the show goes :/

gamrgrl007

[31]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 10
    After the premiere, I have to say that I see NOTHING NEW this season.

1. Blair being obsessed with vapid stuff like jewellery and 'peonies' and messing with her current suitor's head? CHECK.

2. Dan doing completely uncharacteristic things like hanging out with Cece in the Hamptons, playing ball (literally) with the elite, and getting himself into inconsequential messes? CHECK.

3. Serena wearing bizarre outfits while 'working'? CHECK.

4. Chuck self-destructing? CHECK.

5. Nate banging over-the-hill socialites? CHECK.

6. Dorota pregnant? CHECK.

7. Cousin Charlie (in)conveniently just where she needs to be? CHECK.

8. Rufus leaching off Lily? CHECK.

9. Random, pointless 3-eppy characters, like Marshall? CHECK

10. Remote Vanessa non-drama? CHECK.

So, what's to look forward to?

1. Blair, pregnant with DAN'S CHILD, the over-hinted at 'what-happened-in-the-last-chapter-of-Dan's-book' storyline

2. Serena 'working' (wonders never cease)

3. Chuck dying slowly, only to recover miraculously when Blair returns to him

I don't know why I keep watching! Too much investment of time, energy and thought into this already, I think, it makes it difficult to let go, and I keep hoping SOMETHING will change, sooner or later, for the better... but they just keep on making it lamer and lamer...

bedhb1

[32]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 2

I love the show.. I am 60.. and I enjoy it.. Keep the show..

LeytonTLA

[33]Oct 5, 2011
    • level: 16
    gamrgrl007 wrote:
    After the premiere, I have to say that I see NOTHING NEW this season.

1. Blair being obsessed with vapid stuff like jewellery and 'peonies' and messing with her current suitor's head? CHECK.

2. Dan doing completely uncharacteristic things like hanging out with Cece in the Hamptons, playing ball (literally) with the elite, and getting himself into inconsequential messes? CHECK.

3. Serena wearing bizarre outfits while 'working'? CHECK.

4. Chuck self-destructing? CHECK.

5. Nate banging over-the-hill socialites? CHECK.

6. Dorota pregnant? CHECK.

7. Cousin Charlie (in)conveniently just where she needs to be? CHECK.

8. Rufus leaching off Lily? CHECK.

9. Random, pointless 3-eppy characters, like Marshall? CHECK

10. Remote Vanessa non-drama? CHECK.

So, what's to look forward to?

1. Blair, pregnant with DAN'S CHILD, the over-hinted at 'what-happened-in-the-last-chapter-of-Dan's-book' storyline

2. Serena 'working' (wonders never cease)

3. Chuck dying slowly, only to recover miraculously when Blair returns to him

I don't know why I keep watching! Too much investment of time, energy and thought into this already, I think, it makes it difficult to let go, and I keep hoping SOMETHING will change, sooner or later, for the better... but they just keep on making it lamer and lamer...

ha this is quite funny, but after last week we can safely say its not dans baby thank god!! i would of thrown a fit!! im liking season 5 so far i never thought i would say that, i am only interested in the book and the fact that chuck cant feel they could take that storyline somewhere really interesting if they play it right, nate,serena,ivy i dont care about, id like to see rufus doing something again!

NiallB31

[34]Oct 11, 2011
    • level: 8

I think season 5 should be the last. Season 5 has not started in Ireland yet so I can't say for storylines but Ratings wise. Season 5 premiered to 1.37 million viewers lowest viewed premiere ever and a 0.7 in the 18-49 demo, which is not great.

Episode 2 was viewed by 1.34 million viewers and got a 0.6 in the 18-49 demo. Not so great but not a big drop.

Episode 3 was viewed by 1.27 and still a 0.6 in the 18-49 demo.

The ratings and viewership is stable for now but they are still horrible numbers. In January, looking back on the ratings for the previous 4 seasons, the ratings fell dramatically when the show returned after x-mas and really now we can not afford a drop at all so I say call it a day after season 5 and let the show go out with some sort of viewership and ratings dignity.

Sorry if any spellings. Edit Messgae button still not working.

hell693

[35]Oct 26, 2011
    • level: 11
    I started watching the show again i liked season 1 and hated season 2 and 3 but because of the actresses on the show especially Blake Lively i continued to watch the show it got better in season 4 and till now season 5 is great it started off rough but its good now and i hope it continues to improve and i think they should give it a 6th and final season as they did to OTH with only 13 episode and end the series in a good way that satisfys the fans.

apoldeer

[37]Nov 4, 2011

I would like the cast to graduate from college. It would be fitting.

And the revelation of who the gossip girl is.

jstitely1

[38]Nov 7, 2011
    • level: 12

this should be the last season of gossip girl. every storyline is so contrived now, which can be attriubted to the writers havign absolutley no original ideas any more. heck, even the original writers of stephabie and josh have stopped writing for this show! all we ahve is josh 2.0, and all of these people who just started writing last year. i will give this season credit though, its not as bad as the horrible second half of fourth season. that made me really close to stop watching

puppybunny1

[39]Nov 8, 2011
    • level: 13

This should be the last season. The storylines are recycled. Even the actors cannot wait to get out. Please just let Chuck and Blair go off to Paris.

torontogirl98

[40]Nov 23, 2011
    • level: 19
    I totally think the show is coming to an end, the storylines are getting worse and worse and I would rather they end on a high note. That said Chuck and Blair need to end up together or there was no point watching the show (for me at least!) and I honestly could care less about the others (I know that sounds bad but most of them have been really annoying lately-Dan is too self absorbed, Nate is just gross sleeping with women who could be his mom, Serena just has no real goals just floating around dating a million guys and I could rant on and on)