Gossip Girl Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Will they Dair

Do you think Dan and Blair should be together

torontogirl98

[61]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 19

I totally agree they are really great as close friends, but together it really puts me off.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lizzy87

[62]Dec 6, 2011
    • level: 2

Since the beginning I've been in and out of Gossip Girl (so there's a lot I haven't seen) and I used to be a huge Chair fan but the writers just never really let it happen between them and I got bored and frustrated over it. Now that I've seen Blair and Dan moments I've changed my mind completely and now think that Dair is a fabulous idea and for the first time I'm actually hooked on this show! Chuck may still love Blair but he's only ever really wanted her when he couldn't have her and it hasn't stopped him from seeing other women. He's hurt Blair too much for my liking and I don't think he would ever be able to commit to her. Dan though seems to genuinely care for her and he's always there when she needs him plus even though she's with Louis he hasn't tried to date anything thing that walks just to "forget" about her. If Dan wasn't in love with her then yes Chuck and Blair should be together but because he is I reckon Dan would be better for her.

stanmorne

[64]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 6
    lizzy87 wrote:

Since the beginning I've been in and out of Gossip Girl (so there's a lot I haven't seen) and I used to be a huge Chair fan but the writers just never really let it happen between them and I got bored and frustrated over it. Now that I've seen Blair and Dan moments I've changed my mind completely and now think that Dair is a fabulous idea and for the first time I'm actually hooked on this show! Chuck may still love Blair but he's only ever really wanted her when he couldn't have her and it hasn't stopped him from seeing other women. He's hurt Blair too much for my liking and I don't think he would ever be able to commit to her. Dan though seems to genuinely care for her and he's always there when she needs him plus even though she's with Louis he hasn't tried to date anything thing that walks just to "forget" about her. If Dan wasn't in love with her then yes Chuck and Blair should be together but because he is I reckon Dan would be better for her.

This feels like vampire diaries Dan loves blair and it si so obvious but she doesn't see anything but friendship between them, just like Damon loves Elena but she'll probably never get over Stephan.. DE and Dair will rock!

charmed05

[65]May 1, 2012
    • level: 15

that is your ignorant judgmental black and white narrow minded opinion based on the storyline, but that is not true. Chuck loves blair. You can't say that dan should be with blair, with the chuck and blair part. It makes no sense. I don't know he is in love with her. Yes, he's in love with his best friend, he has to get over it. Chuck made mistakes, you don't just throw away your love, I do not agree. You don't understand why chuck did what he did. it's a drama, to break them up, they do it on all shows. So I still vote for chuck and blair.

charmed05

[66]May 1, 2012

that is your ignorant judgmental black and white narrow minded opinion based on the storyline, but that is not true. Chuck loves blair. You can't say that dan should be with blair, with the chuck and blair part. It makes no sense. I don't know he is in love with her. Yes, he's in love with his best friend, he has to get over it. Chuck made mistakes, you don't just throw away your love, I do not agree. You don't understand why chuck did what he did. it's a drama, to break them up, they do it on all shows. So I still vote for chuck and blair. Chuck has been with other women, your not that smart, I can tell. It's who he is, though really he is because he's found blair. He was always broken up with her. He's lonely, have u not seen many tv shows? many guys get drunk and sleep with other women while they love another one. Maybe even get in a relationship to get over them, or convince themselves that they are. It happens in real life too, your supposed to be over them but it doesn't mean you are. It's weakness, human nature. Why do people hate chuck for weakness, human nature? They just aren't smart enough to understand I guess.

charmed05

[67]May 1, 2012

dan is not better for her. And chuck did commit to her in season 3.

Edited on 05/01/2012 3:47pm

krestin

[68]May 16, 2012
    • level: 9

lol like it matters anymore.

loey12886

[69]Nov 15, 2014
    • level: 10

If there was an option that said "they make good friends" I would have voted for that but their relationship was just boring. They had no chemistry and the whole time she still loved Chuck she didn't show Dan any loving feelings just friendly ones so yeah I didn't think they made a good couple. I think Serena is a good couple with both Dan and Nate but only because she has chemistry with both and Blair was cute with Nate but had more chemistry with Chuck, but Blair and Dan just made good friends together