Gossip Girl

It's Really Complicated

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Dec 03, 2012 on The CW

6.7
  • Lonely Girl, Serena

As Dan is sinking lower and lower, Serena once again proves that she needs a constant male presence in her life. As soon as things go wrong with Dan, she calls her ex.

The Blair and Chuck situation is tiring, as usual: on-off-on-off. Worst couple story in the whole series. I am still rooting for them, though. :)
  • I'm glad

Hate to be a broken record but I really thought the Dan and Blair story was one of the best portrayals of desperate love from a hopeless romantic in recent TV. Like them or not, you have to admit that at the very least it was positively compelling!

Anyway, if the writers are really gonna make Dan and Blair go sour and remain like that, the last thing I want to see is Dan and Serena.. Again! Almost every bad thing that's happened has been her fault - directly or indirectly. What Dan needs to do now is focus on taking her down and getting what he's rightfully earned... as sad as that may be.

I honestly thought a happier ending would have been lonely boy getting the rich, powerful go-getter (Blair) and them teaming up to take down the witless wench (Serena). That said, I don't actually think this episode was a perfect 10. I'd give it a 9 at best.

Disclaimer: sorry, I don't normally "ship" this intensely. I can't help it here!
  • Dan the Man, true to himself or not

The treatment of Dan's character toward the end is disappointing. I did like the pairing of Dan and Blair. He affirmed her and her growth as a thinking person. She finally recognized his worth in spite of herself. It's a shame she likes broken bad boys like then, Blair dumps Dan, the guy that loved her unconditionally. You'd hope that Dan would have stayed true to himself after that, but no. He succumbs to the "nega-verse of the upper east side. A disappointment. Let's see if he redeems himself by the writing of his final chapter. The statement he made to Rufus re: Lily not respecting him (Rufus) does not bode well for his redemption. I blame the writers for catering to the Beauty and the Beast fantasies of the viewers. In Chuck and Blair's case, it would be the Beast and the Beast.