Gossip Girl

New York, I Love You XOXO

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Dec 17, 2012 on The CW

• thank god this trainwreck of a show is over

can I get the last 6 years of my life back?
  • Help Plz

3.5
    How do I play the episode in my ipod??
  • Did the writers decided GG was Dan from the beginning?

I'll have to watch it from the beginning and take notes. Though Dan claims Jenny was in on it to some extent, I'll still have to go through it with a fine tooth comb. Maybe it's a ploy by the producers to get viewers to buy the series on DVD. Dan's motive for being GG is believable, an fits in well with his future ambitions as a writer. Not too band an ending for an evening soap opera.
  • Gossip Girl

Well the word is out about who Gossip Girl has been this entire time and it wasn't Dorota. None other than Lonely Boy himself. Am I disappointed? Yes. Am I disappointed by the last four episodes all-together? Yes. I will give them this: they did give it a decent spin. The idea of writing himself into their world.. that was the one part that was actually plausible. But still, all the worst things they could have done with the ending they did. Dan was gossip girl. Dan marries Serena. Ick. And after everything Blair and Dan went through, she still has the nerve to talk about him like he's some pathetic outsider? Wow.

The only reason I gave this an 8/10 was simple. Like pretty much any show out there, a series finale is emotional. It's everything you cared about coming to a culmination with nostalgic moments and final pairings, farewells, etc. I will definitely miss this absolutely fantastic show, but I will do so pretending that it _really_ ended at season 5 episode 23.

Now there's one less good show on the air, leaving us with extra slim pickings.
  • To sum it up, Jack Bass has a bigger role than three characters who were once an integral part of the show

(Spoilers ahead. But for reals, you don;t know what happened by now?)

The fact that Jack Bass, a secondary charatcer at best and a usual villain of the show, had more to do, more screen time, and was somewhat of a hero while Jenny, Eric, and Vanessa, all of whom were once a big part of the show, each had one line and were on screen for exactly twenty seconds sets the tone for the finale: disappointing, but not entirely unsurprising.

The problem I had with the finale is the same problem I;ve had with this show since about the start of season 5: that Chuck and Blair matter more than everybody else. I think it's good that the writers of shows are in tune with what the fans of their shows think, but like when Brittany on Glee didn't want to be with Sam because of the "online lesbian community" (Brittana fans) I think it's dumb to let the fans decide the fate of the show. What I mean by this is that apparently the writers have noticed that on every video, picture, or blog about Gossip Girl, whether about Chuck+Blair or not, there will be an abundance of comments that say "OMG Chuck and Blair are the best! They;re the only reason I watch the show!" So the writers decided to give some people what they wanted and make the show the Chuck and Blair saga with everybody else thrown in for flair. This has been especially noticeable in these last ten episodes, particularly because Blair and Chuck can;t be together FOR NO REASON. Granted, the reason they give is that they both need to find success on their own (which only makes sense in the way of gossip girl) but it;s really because heaven forbid they actually be together and happy for no reason other than they care about each other. However, Jack Bass makes a good point, the two getting married to protect Chuck legally is perfect in a twisted way for the two of them. Don;t get me wrong, Leighton Meester and Ed Westwick acted the shitaki outta this, and it is good to see Chuck and Blair get to be together and happy finally, but it really only works if you don;t think about all the horrible things they;ve done to each other, which are horrible even by gossip girl standards (comparing her to a horse, trading her for a hotel, she slept with the very same person he traded her to) and it worried me slightly that little girls think that Chuck and Blair are a perfect couple because they actually have a psychologically abusive relationship, but it is TV and this is the end and if there might never have been a more perfect match in TV.

And back to the other characters on this show who aren;t Chuck and Blair, the whole thing with Serena and Dan just annoyed me. Serena finds Dan's chapter and reads it and wonders which Dan is the real one, and Dan gives Nate permission to publish his last chapter on Gossip Girl's identity, and this is the episode's "big reveal":

Dan is Gossip Girl.

I know, right? Like the mayor, I thought it was Dorota. Dan being Gossip Girl makes perfect sense and then it makes no sense at all. It makes sense in the way that Dan wanted to cement his place in their world, and when he couldn;t buy his way in, he wrote his way in, and this way he got to be completely essential while on the surface seeming completely inconsequential. Dan being Gossip Girl makes absolutely no sense if you actually watch the show, like when Dan is surprised to see Gossip Girl advertising Serena needs a date for the ball, or that Serena is pregnant, or that he gets upset at Jenny when Gossip Girl publishes the picture of him in bed with Serena. Also, why would he publish the post outing his sister's boyfriend which ruined her life freshman year? (and Jenny never told anyone? Seriously?) And I don;t know about anyone else, but for me, the show was never about finding out who Gossip Girl was. That part, and even the blog itself, didn;t matter as much as the characters, specifically who weren;t Chuck or Blair. Dan being Gossip Girl was a good ending to the story, if like most things on Gossip Girl, you don;t think too much about it.

It was nice to see the five years later mark, and I;ll admit, seeing Blair and Chuck's bowtie-wearing son and hearing him call Chuck "Daddy" and run into his arms was nothing short of adorable. I;m not completely in love with Dan and Serena getting married because they;re like Blair and Chuck, only less perfect for each other, in that they keep hurting each other. Serena and Dan always break up over the same thing: Serena does something that makes Dan question what kind of person she is, and then he judges her. It annoys me they never even explored Serena and Nate again because they were together at one point, and Serena did spend a year after that wondering if Nate or Dan was right for her. And this year, when Serena had pretty much cast out all her friends, she was still able to go back to talking to Nate like no time had passed. I think Nate would've been a better match for Serena because he wouldn;t judge her, but that;s not my decision (and don;t bring this is all fictional. Nobody likes THAT blitz).

Gossip Girl certainly took us on a ride these past five years, and while the first years are the best without question, it was still a little sad to see it end.
  • Shameful

I almost feel bad for wasting my time on the last season, and especially on the last episode.
  • A clever title goes here!

Write a quick review to share your thoughts...
  • A really great end to GG

I have to say for that that the show wasn't always great, especially during season 4 and 5, they really brought the feeling of greatness and amazingness to the last episode of gossip girl.

At least that's what I felt while watching.

For 40 minutes they really brought so many things into this last episode, like the death of Bart, the hunt for Chuck and Blair, the story of Serena and Dan, the puzzle of who Gossip Girl really is and of course the wedding of my otp in this series: Chuck and Blair. Although the wedding seemed kinda rushed into it, I really enjoyed it! especially Chuck saying ''3words, 8letter' and Blairs ''1word, 3letters, yes'' it was just perfect for me because it bought all the memories back when they told 'i love you' for the first time to each other :') and her dress was really epic, I love ellie saab, she's amazing!

and of course the biggest thing was finally finding out who gossip girl really was.. and I must say I really didn't expect it to be Dan Humphrey!!!!!!! it came like out of the blue.. but after I came back to scences it really made so much scence!! like he really was an outsider and as such he really had the time and ability to get the scoup on almost everyong in NY and sharing that information with the Net. so it really made scence to me and afterwards its really nice to see that the writers decided that gg should be one of the group!

OH AND I REALLY LOVED SEEING KRISTEN ON THE SHOW!!! FINALLY I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT SINCE THE FIRST EPISODE :D and that Rachel had made an appearance too is just perfect *-*

Oh and the end is really a great and for this. with all the family and friends at serenas and dans wedding and seeing littel henry bass :deeeep so cute!

all in all i think i'm going to miss this show!
  • EPisode Replay

Watch Episode Replay Here-> tinyurl. com/6x10GossipGirl

(Remove The Space In The Link)

The CW clearly renewed the alternation for a sixth division on May 11, 2012. It was accustomed that this will be the show's final division and will abide of 10 episodes and with a appropriate retrospective. Gossip Girl Division 6 Episode 7: Serena and Dan apprehend that they allegation to achieve acknowledgment with the bodies they acquire wronged. Blair has one abide adventitious to prove to her mother her annual as a actualization artisan and with Serena's help, comes up with a plan to achieve her bandage the "it" accessory for Sage and her friends. Chuck is abutting to accepting the affirmation he needs abut his father, until one of his abutting allies reveals his plan to Bart.
  • Watch Episode Fullvids here>>>http://tinyurl .com/GGs06e10finale

Watch Episode Fullvids here>>>http://tinyurl .com/GGs06e10finale

Watch Episode Fullvids here>>>http://tinyurl .com/GGs06e10finale

(Remove the Space in The URL)

The Series Finale begins with the stars and executive producers bidding farewell to the Upper East Side in a look back at the show's many unforgettable moments. Then, in a fashionable farewell to remember, our favorite Upper East Siders join forces for one last soiree, and the shocking identity of Gossip Girl is finally revealed
  • Should been Gossip Guy instead of Gossip Girl ?

Well this was the series finally and I can't believe that i have been watching this series for the past 6 years. I have to admit I tried to hate this series but i kept on watching and that was due to characters on the show, there were so much more interesting than most normal teenagers and the fact that these were teenagers who were rich thanks to their parents and going to the best private school was world I knew nothing about this is what keep me watching the first few season.

Let talk about this episode, with Chuck and Blair on the run, you had no idea how they will resolve it but Jack's suggestion was crazy and the fact they pulled it off thanks to Gerogina was unbelievable.

The background to how Gossip Girl started was great and i liked how the idea of gossip girl came about. I liked that they explained the background which i found quite interesting. I figured out who gossip girl was at start but i got confused later on because thinking it had to be a girl when it turned out to be guy was rather misleading. The fact there were able to do this in one episode was rather impressive because they really covered a lot.

For series finale i thought they did a good job even through i think they could of done a better job if they had extended the episode for 90 minutes just make it stand out. Oh and those cameos in the episode were rather ridiculous they felt completely out of place in this episode.

I am glad they ended the series on high note instead of dragging it like 90210
  • as expected

I am a bit upset by this episode: everything was previsible... only the parts with guests were a bit nice!