Gossip Girl

O Brother, Where Bart Thou?

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Dec 08, 2008 on The CW

• Chuck's dad dies...

This episode was really amazing and showed some really great performances. As always Serena and Dan where being melodramatic and slightly pretentious. Aaron was annoying in this episode but what can we really expect from his character except this. Dan was also being unreasonable in several scenes but when is he not? Chuck, Blair, and Cyrus however where so amazing. I love Cyrus and his cliched and corny speech was so cute and seeing him and Blair connect was really heartwarming. But Chuck's performance was one of the best that has been ever done on the show, you can feel his heart breaking in the whole episode and you just feel for him. His scene at the funeral was great (he did drunk and belligerent perfectly) and his confrontation with Dan was excellent (and showed why I hate Dan and Serena so much). Every time he yelled at Lily, Eric and Blair where classic. His dismissal of Blair's confession was predictable but still moving and watching her hold him in her arms with the contrast of the black and white was gorgeous and his leaving at the end made the entire episode worth it and perfect.