Gossip Girl

The CW (ended 2012)

neomichel

Gossip Girl Fan Reviews (372)

• XOXO GOSSIP GIRL

I LOVE THIS SHOW NO JOKE! I think the acting is amazing! The characters are funny, and I think this show should have continued to 7 or 8 seasons! I like this show! I am gonna miss it!
  • Characters

All the characters seem to glue together age-wise, but not Serena. She looks much too old for the group, I think.

• What i thought about Gossip Girl!

I just finished watching this show today! WOO!

I was reading reviews and noticed a LOT of people were not pleased with the last few seasons on the show and the finale.

I personally really enjoyed this show. Yes, there were moments that i found annoying (Blair/Dan-although i will admit it was well written) and somewhat boring (season 3 . There were points in the show where i pretty much was annoyed by every character. I had a nice chuckle at the amount of love interest's Nate can have too... Hahah... I actually did like his character in the end, although not alwys his love interests. There were "YES!!" "OMG!" "NO!!" "Aww!!" moments! I love Blair/Serena's friendship, Blair/Chuck's heartbreaking relationship, Dan/Nate/Chuck friendship, Lily/Rufus romance, Lily/Chuck mother son bond, Serena/Chuck's brother sister relationship, the Blair take towns, when they all worked together, when Georgina showed up to mess everything up:P

Now on to the things i was not so happy about... I found that they RUINED Dan's character somewhere between seasons 4/5 and i really just started hating him... The end with Chuck/Blair was too rushed. I was hoping for a real wedding and better proposal. That was THE moment to wait for IMO and we didn't get it... We didn't get that surprising, romantic proposal we were teased probably around 3x beforehand :P Serena and Dan were also rushed... I feel like they were ruined when Blair and Dan got together. I am happy they ended up together as i wanted them to from the start, but they could have written them better. I mean, for half of season 6 Serena was with another guy(don't remember his name). Nate didn't even end up with anyone... I was hoping he would end up with Jenny actually since i knew she was returning for the finale. Serena and Blair were basically not friends the whole time until the end... As much as i didn't like Blair/Dan there was no closure for them. LILY AND RUFUS DID NOT END UP TOGETHER! The whole season they were barley taking and APART! :( I have to admit.... for a while they were the only interesting party of the show for me and I have been rooting for them as endgame since day 1! I have to say i'm 100% against the incest idea but i just HAVE to make an exception for them because i love them sooo much! For a season that was SO short and only had 10 episodes, they really needed to skip all the filler stuff and work on rapping up the season. I feel like the show lacked a good rap up of all the characters and story lines... the beginning half focused on things that were not important. Dan revealing himself as GG was pretty good. The thing is, i feel like the writers just threw it together. I do not think it was very planned out. It was rushed as well. I would have preferred 5ish episodes to rap that story up too (or at least more than what was given). I know they were only given 10 episodes so possibly things would have been different if they were given a whole season.

So even with all my complaints---- I rated the show as an 8 because without looking at all the technical stuff, i REALLY enjoyed watching! It lost points for the ending being too rushed and ruining some characters... The Blair/Chuck angst was KILLING me but i loved it! I know my complaints were longer than the part on what I liked. The complaints were mostly about the last season. I really did like this show but there are some things that i would have done differently and changed. But it is what it is.. :)

(PS- WOW! Can't believe how much i wrote... LOL IDK if anyone will read to the end:P Hope i was not too boring)
  • Why I enjoyed watching Gossip Girl

Gossip, relationships, sex, schemes, family issues, figuring out so many of us don't go to the extremes in our own life, but it goes to show that we all have problems. These kids are born into fame and riches which makes them interesting and I found it intriguing to see the problems that rich people struggle with. It proves that life with money isn't any simpler.

I found Gossip Girl to be about personal empowerment, awareness that we all make mistakes and finding your true self.

Drama's not for everyone, but, it is for me. All-in-all, I enjoyed watching the show over the years. Thanks for such a great story adventure!!
  • What I believe Gossip Girl is really about

Lots of people think that Gossip Girl is just a stupid show about, shallow, spoiled teenagers (actually, for characters like Serena that's true), betrayal, lies, gossip.

I feel like I'm the only one that sees what Gossip Girl truly about: Real love. Warning, i didn't say true love. I'm mainly referring to Chair, they're beautiful, it just shows that anyone can be loved, that everyone is capable of love and that not every love is a sweet, love at first sight. Take Blair and Chuck for example, it wasn't exactly love at first sight when they slept together in the back of Chuck's limo.

Now, even if I am a sucker for romantic shows, I'm going to tell you how Gossip Girl is not only about real love:

This show especially shows that not everyone is perfect, and it has some important life lessons (also certain things that if you pick up/learn your life could be ruined forever). Another thing about this show: IT'S AMAZING AND IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT then you need to get your brain + heart checked out!

I <3 Blair, she's funny, bright, passionate, loving and she has a good, warm heart.

As for Serena, the only thing I like about S is her kindness, which actually, after season 1 is gone, so I take that back. I don't like a single thing about Serena van der Woodsen.

BTW, if you want to watch a crappy superficial show, then I would suggest 90210.
  • In love with gossip girl's style?

Hey everyone! Like Serena's style? Check out to shop her exact looks and more! Also, be sure to visit our facebook page at to keep up with the latest fashion trends featured in your favorite shows!
  • I really liked Girl Retrospective...

I really liked Girl Retrospective...
  • Not just another guilty pleasure chick flick

Deep down gossip girl is not just a guilty pleasure kind of chick flick. Its characters are really developed and complex. This marvelously done CW shows a side of the world that most of us will never experience, in the most intriguing way. Even though sometimes it can be exaggerated its quite realistic

because it never forgets to put some feelings to the episodes. You never feel like the characters are boring nor superficial. They are interesting , perfect on the outside and really delicate on the inside. The charismatic cast makes everything work perfectly.
  • Boring!

A lot of my peers and friends watch this show, but I found it incredibly boring. I stomached three episodes and couldn't care less about anything on the show or the characters. It's basically just about a bunch of bratty, spoiled rich kids sleeping together and all the drama that ensues. Oh, and they have daddy issues. Not my cup of tea.
  • martin

very nice story written by Josh Schwartz. Thanks for this information.

• the it girl

The it girl and the Gossip Girl are one of the the New York Times Bestselling series. Popular gossip girl character is Jenny Humphrey is living Constance billiard to attend Waverly academy, an elite boarding school in New York horse country where glamorous rich kid don't let the rules get in the way of an excellent time. Determined to leave her Manhattan past behind her, Jenny sets off to Waverly with big plans of reinventing herself. She'll be a goddess---sage's a sophisticated city girl, after all! -----and will find a boy who can properly worship her. But that's going to be a little tricky since her self-adsorbed new roommates, Callie Vernon and Brett Messerschmitt, aren't exactly there to help---unless there's something in it for them. Three guys, new intrigue. And delicious Gossip adds up to more trouble than ever for Jenny. But even if getting caught with boys and going up against the Disciplinary committee is what it takes, Jenny's ready---she'll do all that and more to become the it girl. It was the first book in girls history that the author of gossip girl Wright. Jenny is one of the most girls that get her way in enemy thing she wants because her family is rich and she sometimes gets in treble an she still dose get in treble and her parent are lifting her out of there sits to go to colleague my memo and dad would not let me out of there sits. The it girl book is a series and its one interesting book and I would resumes id to everyone else's and I think it's a rely good book. The book goes with the the seers gossip girl and the book is a good book and it a book if u like drama book. The book is a really good book there are quotes from the book. One of the quotes is come and meet me on my boat when u can. Jenny wants to go to dc now and her mom and dad are letting her go to dc. She lives at the plaza hotel she has to be rich. Jenny has a lot of friend and their names are collie, Brett, tinsey, brandonand there all rich and they spend boohoo bucks an there family and there fringes and they are the coolest people in school. Jenny and her friends are all going to DC and they have a lot of money to get there and back. Jenny has a lot of clothes and shoes she like her asserts and jurally. She has as many parka of jurally u can count of she is a rich person. Her guy fringes are going to brown university and her mom and dad are not sending her to brown and her mom and dad are disagreeing over what college she goes to. She is a daddy's girl and what she wants to do her dad lets her do enemy thing she wants.
  • The Finale

The Finale was awesome. I really liked it. I have always shipped Chuck and Blair and how they ended the story. X
  • About time it ended

The first couple of seasons were very good but somehow it just went downhill after that. The final season (or 10 episodes) was a disaster and pretty much just an excuse to end the series.
  • Acceptable.

I actually think the end was kinda rushed, the way Serena forgives Dan was really pushed. About the Gossip Girl identity, the last season really blew it up, we can easily guess who is behind all that.

While it was related to school, Gossip Girl was one of the best series I've seen, but after that, it's just another one.

Easily predictable, almost no emotional scenes and some things don't fit together I suppose because the story line wasn't good enough.

But I liked it anyway.
  • Last turn os events,though predictable!!

I actually liked this show when it started, but the last two seasons where not as this last season?? Good thing it only had 10 eps... it looked as if the writter had no idea how to finish it and kept writting just for the sake of ep was fine,but the other eps felt like it was never going to end,ever... I only watched it because I had seen all the other had to watch the last one!!!
  • Um ...

Oh ... this show is still on? Wow. how nice. NOT REALLY.
  • Just End it Already

3.5
    Dear Gossip Girl:

I just don't care anymore. Watching this final season is like eating that last piece of lasagna in the fridge: I know it's about to go bad and it seems a shame to waste it, but I'm so sick of it that it's all I can do to keep it down. Maybe your writers are trying to break all the characters down so at the end they can be redeemed? If that's the case, at least make it interesting! Or make me care about one of the characters. Any of the characters. Right now Nate is the most likable, and until recently he's been boinking a 17 year old and is probably engaged in some sort of creative accounting. (At least I think that's what's going on, I'm not sure since I frequently get distracted by shiny things when I'm trying to watch this show.) It really feels like every show in Season 6 up to this point is a throw-away episode - having the characters and the plot tread water - until the season finale. I'll keep trying to choke down this last season, but I think it's already gone bad.
  • awful storyline

It would be nice if the writers were at least trying to make the story believable. Do any of these people even know what love is?! Serena falls in and out of love faster than I can write this sentence.

If she isn't sad after an engagement is broken off, then why would she marry that guy in the first place. I've really had it with this stupid rehashing of storylines and making unbelievable excuses for anything. Really, these people could just as well roll a dice to make all their life decisions.

The first seasons were really good, but now I will be really glad when this nonsense is finally over.
  • Are You Freaking Kidding Me?!?!?!!?

I'm finished with this stupid show and its horrible story line. Chuck and Blair finding every opportunity not to be together is ridiculous. Nate is a young, handsome, twenty-something...what on earth is he doing with a freaking teenager?!?! And what's more disgusting than a high school kid and Nate? Try Rufus and a girl his son's age! Yuck!
  • Depressing me with GG

S6 SUCKS in comparison to S5 - Let gossip girl rest in peace before they ruin it with this butchery ..
  • Its finally over

I have watched from the beginning and like the show but,

season 5 was sooo bad that I just want to watch season 6 and be done with this show already.
  • sad-its ending

so sad to know it's ending...first couple of seasons were really verryyyy interesting...but it still grips its audience...i just wonder how r they going to wrap it up in just ten episodes(ive heard final season has only ten episodes).....i had a crush on pen badgley till his hair grew so long and not in a good way and he started drooling over blair......he should end up with serena they r better suited with eachother........serena wandervodsen and blair r no doubt the most interesting characters......i just hope they do season 7 too with this series
  • You know you love me

I really enjoyed gossip girl during it's first couple seasons. My interesting in the plot lines started to wain over time, but I care about the characters so much that I couldn't stop watching. I'm sad for it to end, but I think it might be time. So much has happened in this show, and I'm sort of tired of them recycling the same relationships and arguments over and over again.

I'm excited for this season. I mostly just can't wait to see what new girl Nate immediately starts to date. Seriously, has anybody kept track of how many side characters he's dated. It's got to be at least 95% of them.

Also, I've always thought it would be pretty hilarious and great if they had Kristen Bell actually play Gossip Girl on the show. Here's hoping!
  • XOXO...GG

Finally season 6,it only 17 hours to begin GG but i have a problem i live in Serbia,Europa ...I want to watch GG but i not have cw program..Help plizzzzz...
  • Outstanding

one of the best series i've ever seen in my whole life
  • Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl is an amazing show it is soo gripping and i love all the actors and actress. Especially Blair and Nate <3
  • I'm Addicted and it Doesn't Bother Me One Bit

I love this show, it is absolutely my favorite. In my opinion I think it's the best show on The CW. I always thought it was lame until one of my friends told me about so I watched the first episode and I couldn't stop. I watched the first four seasons in under a month, then when the fifth came on TV I never missed an episode. I cannot wait for the sixth season I know that it's going to be a wild ride just like the others. I highly recommend this show to anyone, and I'm not just blowing smoke here, I really think that it's that good.
  • Survey Gossip Girl fans

PLeazzzz help me for my research study about gossip Girl series answer a few questions : http://kwiksurveys.com?s=MNJMIN_d9f36028
  • Blair

Such an amazing show

blair is the best charecter.

leytton is such an incrideble actress i watch the show just beacuse of her

www.crazygamesland.com