Gossip Girl

The CW (ended 2012)

neomichel

Gossip Girl Fan Reviews page 11 of 13

• "Welcome to New York's Upper East Side, where my friends and I all live in huge, fabulous apartments and go to exclusive single-sex private schools. We aren't always the nicest people in the world, but we make up for it in looks and taste."

I've read the book and loved it. And what do I think about the TV series? I love, love, love it!!! Btw, I really don't care if other people think Blake Lively looks kinda' old for Serena's role because I love her as Serena van der Woodsen! I like the way they made her turn out to be in the TV series, they've given her a heart and of course I love, loove, looove Penn Badgley!!! And the TV series version of Dan Humphrey is undeniably better!!!

it's pretty obvious that i love, loove, looove Gossip Girl --- i read it, i watch it, i speak it, i wear it, i eat it, i drink it, i walk it and most important of all i breathe it!!!
  • A show about the wealthy people on the upper east side and their lives.

this show is pretty good. its interesting to watch, especially the blair/nate/chuck storylines. it doesnt completely copy the books and thats okay becasue that would be kind of hard to do. its still good even though it is pretty different [dan and serena, chuck and blair, alison coming back, serena's brother being so young] but i still like it. its kind of like the same as a bunch of other teen shows that the kids are all rich and priveleged but it is somewhat different and a good show. i wish the season was longer though so we could see more of whats going to happen
  • Fun. Drama. Love. Life. All packed in one.

I LOVE THIS SHOW! The moment I found out about its existence, I knew immediately that I would be watching it. Gossip Girl is based on the books Gossip Girl and I love the books! The show has amazing actors and actresses. (Ed Westwick, Chace Crawford, Penn Badgley and Leighton Meester, Taylor Momsen, Blake Lively) It also has great storylines and plots that will keeps your eyes glued to the TV screen! You'll love the love triangles in this show. There's a load of drama in this show that make conflicts in the Elite Upper East Side seem absolutely delicious. All's fair in love and war, right?
  • This show is based on a popular New York Times bestselling series by Cecily Von Ziegesar.

Gossip Girl is about a world of privileged teenagers on an elite private school in New York City. Some people say that they like the books better, but I believe that you can have the best of both worlds. The show is based on the books and they may not be exactly the same. I think that they did an amazing job casting the actors, and it is just a great show! I love all of the drama that takes place; I get excited every time a new episode airs hehe. I just hope we get to have a full season!
  • i can totaly relate to it !!

omg i can totaly relate to gossip girl because things that happen on the show happen in my town !! like all the drama and falling for your best friends boyfriend and the paretns and stuff. i love serena, blair and jenny !! nate ( chace crawford) is the hottest guy on the show right now !!! i havent read the books because i hate reading but im so glad they made this into a show !!! i know people say the books are much better than the shows or movies so like i wonder how good the books are because the show is freaking great !!! everyone should watch it !!! me and my friend watch it every wesnesday lol !
  • Great show about a bunch of teenagers in the upper east side in New York. LOVE IT!!!

Love this show!!! Definitely my new guilty pleasure. The location, music, and cast are WONDERFUL. The cast really works well together and all of them can act!! The chemistry between the cast is amazing and storylines (especially chuck and blair) are so much fun to watch.
    I am completely ADDICTED to this show and can't wait for new episodes every week!!!

If you like the OC you will definitely love this show. If you didnt like the OC..you will still love this show. It comes on at 9PM on wednesdays on the CW (dont forget to watch live!!!) If you want to catch up, all episodes are available on itunes.
  • LOVE IT

One of the best new shows of the year. socialite teens that are used to having everything and dont have to worry about anything because money is everything next of course ur family legacy!! gossip girl keeps everyone up to date with all that B-i-t-c-h-i-n-g and drama that is going on mainly between B,S,Dan, NAte and Chuck whose pure mission in life.. is 2 have sex ands cause trouble!
    b finds out wat happend btw Nate and S. Fighting is so good 2 watch.. this show is 1000 times better then OC. "ur nobody unless your being talked about" pretty much says it all!!!
  • Welcome to the Upper East Side, where you are nobody until you're talked about!

I am completely obsessed with this show! The day after an episode airs it's all I can talk about, good thing people love it too because then I can talk about it all day.
    This show has filled the gaping void The O.C left me with when it went off air.
    I just love it. I can't get through an episode without being like "Oh My God!!!" (I know girly) Some of the things that happen, mostly because of Blair, can only be processed with an "Oh My God!!!"
    I also love how they have an underdog. All good shows need an underdog, and in this case it's Dan Humphrey. He wasn't born privileged like the other teens who he attends school with and he is somewhat of an outsider...but man is he lovable! Played by the adorable Penn Badgley, the other Tucker in John Tucker must die, how can you not just want him to have a happy ending!
    Now let's not forget Serena Van Der Woodsen, the very basis of the show. After returning from a stint at boarding school, and her reasons for leaving still a mystery to some, she tries to go back to her once status quo life. Though her secrets come out, and her old friends: not that welcoming of her anymore. Enter Dan, someone she meets on the outside of the inner circle.
    I could go on about this shows awesomeness, but you'll just have to watch to really get the experience!
  • nooooiiiiceeeee!!!! Love this show.

Although we're are only upto episode 3 over here in Australia i already, 100%, loooooooove this show. When I first heard about it I thought it was just going to be another one of those crappy teen dramas, that, considering its creators, was going to be exactley like the O.C. (which was an awesome show) but i thought it wasnt going to be anything new. However once I saw the very first episode i was freakin' hooked!!!! and I saw that it was completely new and it didnt fall in the same tracks of the O.C.

This show is not only freakin' awesome its female actors are freaking HOTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! and not only hot but very, very talented.

And I have to say that the whole premise of this show, with gossip girl etc., is pretty interesting.....

I LOVVVEEEE THIS SHOW!!!! >XD
  • The privileged prep school teens on Manhattan's Upper East Side first learn that Serena van der Woodsen

I have spoilers for the twelfth episode of gossip girl entitle "school lies" the kids break into the school swimming pool at night to have a party, but someone nearly drowns. In the face of expulsion, a pact of secrecy is formed, which Dan is hesitant to be part of, causing tension between him and Serena. Meanwhile, Vanessa learns about Chuck and Blair's affair; and Lily considers expressing her true feelings to Rufus. If I have any other news on spoliers, I will post them because I know that you may not know much about any episodes after "Roman Holiday". -You know you love me xoxo
  • loveee itt!

omg. I love this show. No...its an obsession. You dont even understand. This is the best show ever. Wednesday is my favorite day of the week now, i wait for it ALL week. I love all the characters (nate and dan are soo hott) and...its so much fun to watch all their relationships and everything. Just warning you though, its like, really really grabbing. Its an addictive show, dude! I love every episode so far, none of them was better than the last. I wish it was on every single night, i would totally watch it. Deff...Anyway, so yeahh....its an awesome show you've got to watch it trust me you'll love it. And i know people are like, oh these kids are bad influences and everything, but it really isn't. TEens do this kinda stuff anyway, theres nothing you can do about it. and it doesnt influence me at all. Its sicknaysty!
  • Sernea van der Woodsen returns from her boarding school because she was kicked out. Sernea thought everyone was going to welcome her with open arms.But she didn't get welcomed she actually hated for alot of things including a secret with her bffs BF?

A wonderful new show.
    It has a mix of 2 things really. The OC popluar life of The OC and the dark atompshere of Cruel Intentions. But in the end it's a really good come back for Josh Schwartz after The OC. This show is good. But, it is not going to be compared to The OC. And I've read the books and they are nothing like the them. But the show is still good. The cast is good and doing a good job and the story is not that bad but I mean, they could do better and the show is well directed with really good settings and I think the music is okay too. You won't regret watching it.
  • The lives of wealthy (well some of them)teens on the Upper East Side of NYC.

I love this show!!!! It's great!! Have to love Blair's fashion style!! the chemistry between the characters is amazing!!! My favorite guy is Chuck!!! i love him! i wish he could end up with Blair!! Such a great fascinating couple!! I hate CeCe and Carter b, such irritating characters!! I love the NYC surroundings! i think it is wonderful!! The music is GREAT!! all great artist, some unknown to me, but I'm glad i downloaded the songs!! I can't wait to see Vanessa go!!! Roman Holiday sounds great!! Great show!! i totally recommended to you!! Even better than the OC. But I find Serena similar to Marissa C; and Blair similar to Summer. Coincidence?? Haha don't think so!
  • ...you know you love me...

And I do! I simply love Gossip Girl.
    Now, I'll admit, the pilot did not completely satisfy me. As a reader of the books, I thought they made too many changes, and I wasn't quite comfortable with them.

However, as the series has progressed, I've come to understand the changes made to the characters/events in the books for the show were for the best. I am enjoy the show far more thoroughly than I ever did the books. The books were fluff - although the characters were quite developed - they did not provide any form of real substance whatsoever. The show, on the other hand, is starting to pick up and cover what the books themselves lacked. Gossip Girl is starting to deal more believably with the issues it faces than the book ever did.
    It is of course a difficult situation when something is being transferred from paper to TV or film, but the producers/creators have handled it formidably well. They have made necessary changes for TV. The main change that sticks out at me is Serena. In the books, Serena used to be WILD wild - she was a party girl extraordinaire. When the book Serena came back from abroad, she was so...well, depressing. And that's apparently why they changed her character to seem a bit more, "Lively" (ha great pun, I know, I know) - or else she would be too depressing for primetime TV. Also, the other characters, such as Blair, seem a bit more toned down, which to me, makes them seem all the more real. For instance, Blair was a complete psycho in the books, she was a real terror, and always came up with the most ridiculous plots to reach her ends.
    The characters in the books seemed so contrived. Now though, they are extremely believable as people actually living in today's world.

Which brings me to the acting cast. They are doing a terrific job of bringing depth and realness to the characters. Leighton Meester is especially great as Blair - not only is she spot on with Blair's cattiness, but she is also able to genuinely portray Blair's emotions and show us why Blair is who she is. Blair's other half, Serena, is also adequately played by Blake Lively, who does a fine job of bringing to light Serena's carefree attitude towards life. The boys, as well as being very nice to look at, are also doing a good job, although I do think Chace Crawford is a little too brooding as Nate. Chuck is perfect though. Ed Westwick is doing an excellent job of Chuck's slyness and manipulative ways, and more currently, his underlying softness. Even the adults I love. Whereas with shows like The OC and Beverly Hills, 90210, I could have cared less about what the adults were doing, I actually am enjoying their storylines and respective roles in the show. I especially love Matthew Settle as Rufus and Kelly Rutherford as Lily. They have a great chemistry together and play a perhaps more grounded role in the show, they, unlike their children, are maybe a bit more settled in life. Overall, the ensemble cast is fantastic together.

Now, the themes shown in Gossip Girl are also well-done. They are actually themes which we are facing in our society today: money can't buy you happiness, the difficulties of being a teenage girl, everyone has a secret, etc. Since they are all so easy to relate to, it gives the show a more real element. Sure, they are maybe played out a bit to the maximum, but the show is here to entertain us, not bore us, so it has to be a little bit over-the-top. Even still, it is not too much that it renders itself unbelievable. Each character has their own certain persona as well: Blair is insecure, Jenny is naive, Dan is lonely, Chuck is perversive, Nate is lost, Serena is reformed. The show just brings together so many real themes which makes it all the more watchable.

The visual appeal of the show is also very pleasing. The sets are beautiful and the clothes to die for. The fashions of Gossip Girl are actually starting to gain recognition for the fact that they are tasteful - the girls and boys both look extremely stylish without being exhibitionists. The costume designers for the show have done a simply amazing job of creating a unique, individual style for each and every character on the show, from their schoolwear to their formalwear.

Lastly, I would like to commend Gossip Girl on its music. Alex Patsavas, the music supervisor (who worked on the OC and Grey's Anatomy, both of which have been critically acclaimed for their terrific soundtracks), is creating a great sound for the show. She mixes many indie bands with top 40 hits, which brings the cool music element to the show. As well as hearing familiar tracks, a viewer is able to hear a wide array of tracks they maybe have never heard before. I think Gossip Girl is really going to bring a lot of indie bands to the surface, just like the OC did, which is great, because there are so many good ones out there (The Virgins, for example, who have already been used multiple times in Gossip Girl).

Well, I suppose that's it...it was rather lengthy, and I think that's as much as I can think of to write.
    I just want to finish by saying that Gossip Girl really IS a good show, even if it is sometimes a little over the top, and I am hoping that it will be able to maintain its spark and flourish over time for many seasons to come.
  • Hi, Society! love the name because well let's just say these few words explain the whole show !

The debutant ball, i find those thing so cool but yet a it worthless! But the grand mother Cece who lies about being sick well thats just wrong and the reason for her lie wanst even good...and Cece is really nasty towards the people she doesnt want Serena hanging out with ! Like Dan poor thing i was so shocked at what she said to him :O And things between Blair and Chuck were getting sexy but then out of the blue...an i dont understand why but she goes right back to Nate, yes they are a cute couple but i was routing for Chuck and Blair i love those two together...oh well maybe there will be a new twist later on in the season ...we'll just have to wait and watch the show ...
  • Absolutely amazing....

After reading the books, its hard to tell which one is better. They are different in so many ways but are both amazing. You can always trust someone who had already written an amazing teen show (OC) to do another great job. Some of the chracters are different, but that doesn't matter. The stories are well planned out and the couples are the cutest. What makes me sad though is that people who haven't read the books, pick the couples who seem the best to them, when what they don't realize is the Cecily had a whole plan already set out for her characters. We will have to see if the writers of the show keep up with those plans. Especially during a time when some shows aren't airing (OTH), we need a little something to pass the time. This show defiantly fills that gap.
  • Upper east side drama regular Teen Drama show but a new consept

I personaly love this show i think its really good. Its not like other shows it has a twist and every one is a very important cast member if someone would leave the show would be kind of akward. I like how serena has made like a huge transfermation.I like the consept of her and dan i think the whole hes liked her forever and then she falling head over hills for for him. i like how everyone is attched and everyone has some kind of conection.i Think this show will be on for a while and I think its has lots of more drama to come. One of the Best New Dramas
  • A twisted likely predictable tale of young high school teenagers from an upper class families within New York.

It is predictable, Twisting, and widely entertaining. The show will find it difficult to survive the modern era of audience due to similar shows like the OC. The producers really have guts to air the show. One of the offbeats of the show that is very distinct and out in the open is the good choice of music at the wrong moments and scenes. Buckle your seat belt people, because no matter how bad this review might seem, you will find yourself addicted to the show just after watching the first episode.

I find it entertaining but not superb. Interesting but not fantastic.
  • A show about rich teenagers and their everlasting struggles with their lives.

I feel this show is everyone's new guilty pleasure. I absolutely LOVE it. It has Dan and Serena the typical romance that everyone knows is going to be on and off. Blair the Bad girl everyone loves to hate and Chuck the Bad boy. The parents have a interesting role in this show too. They knew each other before the kids knew each other and they have their own storylines and issues they deal with it. It has the right amount of conflict and it always keeps you guessing about what's going to happen next. So all I have to say is You know you love me XOXO GOSSIP GIRL!
  • The traditional Thanksgiving episode complete with love triangle, overdoses, and regurgitated pie...YUMMY!

7.7
    pretty cute episode tonight.

ok i gotta say, rufus irritated me in tonight's episode. i side with allison. i mean, i guess in the end, he made the right decision (considering that allison is his wife and all)! when they did that kind of thoughtful pause right before the commercial, i was like "you shouldn't even have to think twice about your decision." but it is TV so they gotta make it extra dramatic.

again, nate's mom is sooo annoying. what was with the uptight principal look she was sporting in this epi?

i felt bad for nate in this episode. i still don't think he and blair are good for each other though. i mean, i know he was kind of looking back fondly on the year before, but its obvious by that scene with him looking at blair's number and then going down to serena's number that he's not over serena. he has feelings for her. i think he wants to get back with blair because he remembers how they used to be and because she's safe and familiar. not necessarily because he truly loves her and wants to be with her.

erik is such a cutie....i just want to pinch his cheeks! :P he and jenny would be adorable together! i hope they get paired up!

JENNY: Look at Erik's roots!
    ERIK: What's wrong with my roots?
    JENNY: They're kind of Rufus-like!

and i was a bit annoyed by how they portrayed dan in the last thanksgiving parts? like his entire life before revolved around his crush on serena. i mean, i don't think that's what the writers intended when they wrote the script, but that's kind of how it played out. it annoyed me.

i was sad chuck wasn't in this episode though. it felt like something was missing!
  • Is Glamorous, is faboulous is Gossip Girl.

It´s a great show, Gossip Girl is my new favorite thing 'cause who doesn't love to see the glamorous life, and every episode are making Gossip girl better and better, and I know that they will entertainment us a lot the entire season.

I´m hoppin that GG last 4ever 'cause I have lost many good series I've enjoyed for years and GG Has become in my new reason to watch tv again, is my guilty pleasure and I know that it will become in one of the most loved shows in the world and My best wishes for GG. xoxo I love gossip girl
  • This show may at first glance seem like an even more superficial version of The OC but you are very much mistaken.

7.6
    Beneath the glitz and glamour there are young adults trying to find out who they really are..not the image that their parents expect them to be (which includes become souless zombies with an impecable sense in style) No here the drama is always at an all time high and when I speak Drama i mean like "I am so confused so I will just go to some boarding school for a year to clear my head" Ya, this is not your high school experience..unless you got a sugar daddy and then all glory to you or maybe not. With the inquisitve narrator dictating some of the more scandaous drama. The kids of Upper East side though are in need of a little hard knock life lessons though which could move these last episodes past Guilty Indulgence into a social commentary worthy of mentioning. Until then GossipGirl will just be a semimeaningful indulgence with a high dose of high society. Just watch out OC you just might have a new Drama queen climbning up the social ladder.
  • The life of the Fabulous Upper East Siders from the view of Gossip Girl. The main characters portray drama like you have never seen it before. Who said the Upper East Side was boring?

The hottest show playing and pretty much ever created. I cannot even describe the addiction I personally have, and I know others are similar in this addiction. Everyone wants to hear and see a part of life they either enjoy themselves or want for themselves, the grass is always greener on the Upper East Side. Besides who would oppose seeing these teens party like Rockstars. The characters draw you into their conflicts and beg you to pay attention to them, wait beg is not the right word more like they get your attention whether you want to or not. The originally planned marriage of Blair Waldorff to Nate Archibald is not working out as planned, and with their relationship on the rocks is there a window of opportunity for Chuck Bass to step in? The tension between Serena VanderWoodesen and Dan Humphry has finally lessened since the arrival of Vanessa. This drama is never-ending and keeps the watchers on their toes. I have never seen a more addictive show.

Gossip Girl is my new addiction, there can be nothing better to get hooked on than this new sizzling tv show on cw, tune in this week at 9-10, you won't be sorry.

You know you love me, XoXo,
    McOzz
  • amazingg

Wow, i really do love this show!!!
    Personally, my favourite character is Serena. She seems to have fun with everything she does and tries to do what's right er whatever. I love her and Dan!!!! Soo cute!! Vanessa is a little bit annoying, but i still hope she stays on the show, she makes it interesting! Blair seems to be a little bit messed up right now with the whole Chuck thing. I think that Chuck really does like her, but she's just on the rebound. I feel sorry for Chuck actually. He seems to want to impress his dad really badly, as shallow and callous as he is. Nate and his dad are a little freaky what with all this bribery and drugs and stuff, and Blair doesn't need that right now so I'm happy they broke up. I'm kind of sad that Allison came back, even though it's kudos to Dan and Jenny. But seriously they don't need her and she shouln't have left and had a not so secret affair in the first place. But I don't think she'll last long; she'll be gone between christmas and februrary, you watch. I absolutely love Lily and Rufus together! They're amazingly perfect couple material. Also, Jenny is a really cool and down to earth kind of person. She deserves to be friends with Blair and Serena, and they kind of need her to balance with all of their drama.

My Hopes: -Dan and Serena stay together -Blair and Chuck work whatever they have out
    -Lily and Rufus become a couple again and Allison either leaves or finds someone else
    -Nate's dad goes to a treatment center(seriously) and doesn't go to jail for a very very long time
    -Jenny, Serena, and Blair hang out or shop or whatever
  • gossip girl, what can I say it's absolutely fabulous. I maily love it cuz I'm the gossip girl at my school, so I can relate. everyone loves me, sure I have a few enimies but those peple just people who really don't really have friends. Jay!!

gossip girl is the best new show so far. it's sassy and has lots of Drama which I love, but the best part is that Kristin bell is the narrator of the show. she's so perfect for the part. she realy gets the that sassy bad voice. I also really liked the actors they picked for the show. blake was a good choice to be picked to play serena, she looks so inicent, but than she can also look lika a bad a** at the same time. which is good. I love the show, and I'll defenatly keep watching!

Jay!!
  • As a long time fan of the book series of the same name i was a bit unsure as to what to expect with this series.

I must say that although the first episode was very much in tune with the first book, the episodes that followed right after didn't draw me right in. I would record the episodes via DVR and let them sit there for a week or until I took the time to watch them, which truly surpised me. It wasn't until the episode Victor, Victrola went Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf share the hottest kiss on the show thus far, that I got hooked. Their dynamic is what had me watching the episode Seventeen Candles live, commericals and all! I couldn't wait to see more from the two of them, and Seventeen Candles delivered yet another episode expanding on the amazing chemistry between the two characters. I can only hope that their relationship grows or that they others get more interesting. Because if it hadn't been for Chuck and Blair I would probably still be sitting here having not watched last weeks episode.
  • Gossip Girl is about teens living a scandolous life and who better to report this than yours truly...Gossip Girl.

Gossip Girl is agreat show. It has all that people look for in a show and it is from the creator of The O.C. so it has to be interesting. I love Blair Waldorf because I like the vixen of all shows. I just haerd it is going to have a full season which I defintley will not miss for anything. I did not read the books but I hear they are coming out with a movie about it that has Lindsay Lohan. I can see a really long future for this show because it is such a great teen soap.
  • Gossip Girl = Awesome!

Dang, I have a lot of favorite shows. Haha, but Gossip Girls is for sure one of my fav favorite shows because it has everything a good drama teen series needs. They have the hot guys and the gorgoues girls and the glamorous clothing, style, music, etc. The list goes on and on. Not to mention, the actors and actresses in this are really good. That one British guy can hid his accent really well and that's pretty awesome. Anyways, this show is so good and juicy. It keeps you wondering about what crazy thing is going to happen next. You can't really predict it (unless you've read the book).
  • XOX0, Gossip Girl. You know you love me, and I do.

Gossip Girl is the best new show of the season, and it has everything that I want in a show: drama, humor, sex, soap opera-like antics and much, much more. All of the characters are very interesting, but especially Serena, Blair, Dan, Nate and Chuck. Dan, Nate and Chuck are definitely my favorite characters though since I'm a guy. All of the roles were perfectly cast, and Kristen Bell does an excellent job of doing the voice of Gossip Girl. All of the story lines on the show are great. The writing for the show is some of the best writing that I've ever seen for a TV show, especially the dialogue for the characters. All in all, this show is extremely entertaining, I can't wait to see what happens next on the show, and it's definitely my favorite new show for the season.
  • I can't resist

As a guy, I am by unwritten law forbidden to like this show. So I will never reveal my identity. However, being hidden by a username, I think this show has gotten a bad rap. It is, we hear, a glamorization of the life of the rich and famous. This isn't MTV, people. Unlike the books (which I haven't read, but have read about) there are sympathetic characters. Penn Badgley plays a truly likeable outside in Dan Humphrey, Blake Lively is no longer a bad girl as Serena van der Woodsen. You like them. You care about them. You root for them. Try this show. I guarantee you will get hooked.
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13