Gossip Girl

The CW (ended 2012)

neomichel

Gossip Girl Fan Reviews page 3 of 13

• The one show I never thought Id ever get into! No matter what you think it is going to be like, it will be better.

Gossip girl is all about shoes, hieracy, parties, family and friends. It all in NY, and there is some fantasy in that for me, as I would love to believe my life could be that awesume! Well i guess anyone would. The day I started watching gossip girl was simply on a wime I downloaded the first 2 seasons for my mate who had missed a couple of episodes, while I was waiting for it to download I started to watch the first episode and then the next one and so on until I had finished the second season and started to download what was out of the third season, I was now offially ahead of my friend and we started watching the fresh episodes together it was then that I realised that gossip girl is one of those shows that you can watch on your own but really to get the most out of it you have to watch it with a mate or a group of mates who all love it, so you can stop it half way through and say "wtf" is going on and "omg, blair & chuck finally!!!!!). Every since that first day I have been addicted to Gossip Girl. It is so fast paced (like ER & spooks) that I fell in love with the diversity of the characters. This last episode is a classic, I think season 4 is pretty close to my fav season behind season 1 which will always be my fav. So no matter what you think of gossip girl give it a shot, its amazing!
  • Chuck and Blair are the saving grace of the show!

4.5
    The show started out pretty good for a teen soap opera. I liked it well enough, though I've always hated Serena/Blake. She is a terrible actress and the character is even worse. Chuck and Blair are the only reason I continue to watch the show. Even when they are not together their chemistry is fabulous. The one absolutely terrible thing about this show is how old these characters act. They are supposed to be 20ish! LOL that is something I can't get over. And there are so many useless characters on, the number one spot goes to Vanessa! Honestly, I hope the show ends next season (with Chuck and Blair together). Leighton Meester (Blair) is absolutely fabulous. I can't wait to see her get more and more famous.
  • One of the best episodes so far :) Just loved it and cant wait for the next :)

Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love
    Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love
    Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love LoveLove Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love LoveLove Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love
    Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love
  • Everybody thinks this show is cool,but their wrong.

It's not even cool,even with the girls.It's very boring and whenever the makers are doing,it was a bad idea for a show.It's not even like High School Musical or all of the other shows.I don't think that the show is a good one.It's like a drama or a not scary version of The Haunting Of Molly Hartley,even with Chace Chrawford.I say that it's really boring and it's really a bad drama show.It's not even a best show or it's not even better than Drake And Josh.I would say that it should be a bad show and my grade is a F because it's boring and lame.
  • It's an interesting show.

You can get some poorly written, bland American crap teen dramas on television. But this isn't one of them. This show is cool, has a good vibe, and well.... Chuck Bass. Teen dramas get bad when they introduce very bad characters, just to stir up drama, and while there are some small moments, most of it is fine. I've watched the first 20 episodes, and started reading the first book (not really my thing). Season 1 is good, i like it, and while I'm not hooked on it like i have been with other teen dramas in the past, it is still a good show, despite the unappealing show name, especially for guys.

I say you should watch it.
  • It is a show about upper east side yuppies and they drama they love to live.

This is the best soap on right now. The cast is hot and very talented. Two seasons in and it is still addictive. The storylines are well thought out and believable. Colege will be the real test. There is sure to be many comparisons to The O.C. and Beverly Hills 90210. But it is way better The O.C. BH 90210 is a classic. at least the first few seasons are. My favorite characters are Serena and Chuck. Serena is just a great character who is strong and independent but realistic. Chuck is a great bad boy and sexy as hell.
  • I love this show!

It's so addicting and it's an actual INTERESTING teen drama, with real plotlines, style, and LOTS of drama. Not to mention, that Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf are the hottest characters on tv. In other teen shows, the characters have money but still choose to deal with things in a regular teen fashion, but on this show the characters actually embrace their wealth, and instead throwing keggers or wearing t-shirts and jeans, they have stylists and ride around in limos. This show goes past the usual teen boundaries and I hope it stays on television for a long time to come.
  • A show about spoiled, snobbish, heartless brats from the upper east side.

I hate it. It is about spoiled brats from the upper east side who have money coming from everywhere. The characters are shallow and i find it unable to take a liking to all but one or two of them. When i saw the OC i thought that a people with that amount of money were snobbish. But at least those characters had alittle bit of depth to them. The characters in Gossip Girl are so shallow that it is almost unbelieveable. I could not stand it long enough to see if there was actually a good storyline but from what i saw there wasn't anything good there. A show about rich, snobbish teenagers with absolutely no depth whatsoever. One of the worst tv shows that i have had the misfortune of experiencing.
  • The CW's most popular hit teen drama series, "Gossip Girl" appeals to many aspiring teenagers with the hopes of living in high society. Taking place on the Upper-East Side of New York (Manhattan), an unknown blogger sets the stage as narrator.

As the mysterious "gossip girl" drills into the business of others, season three is no different as she continues to reveal parts of the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite. This time, she's not letting anyone get in her way. Last season left off with a shocker that both the parents of Dan (played by Penn Badgley) and Serena (Blake Lively), the hottest couple on the series, were announcing their engagement. Trying to sabotage their relationship, Serena and Dan eventually grew apart as they began to take on the role of twisted siblings. It grew hard at times, but in order to bring less attention to themselves, they were forced to fight the temptation and desire they once had for each other. However, in my eyes, I see some of the series' most scandalous activities as life changing lessons to be learned by its responding viewers; this just being one example. Covering the many central issues of teenage living, Gossip Girl's greatest scandals circle around the protagonists of the bunch – or the dynamic duo: Serena van der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester). Serena's character always dazzles the audience with her carefree attitude of what others may think of her, despite whether the circumstances are good or bad. Her love for fashion also helps her steal the spotlight and live up to her "perfect" title. Right beside her is her best friend and enemy, Blair, who rules the so-called "social hierarchy" of Manhattan. She knows everything about everyone, and she often uses her charm, money, and social status to get where and what she wants. Redefining the realities of class conflict, together Serena and the "Queen B" are recognized as Manhattan's most popular duo. To kick off the new season, Serena is accepted into Brown University, which she turns away hoping she can find herself before next semester. Meanwhile, Blair is at the bottom of a new social ladder at her new home at NYU. With the struggles of her past, Serena finds comfort working a small job in the fashion industry while Blair tries to find her place where money can't buy her everything. When you look at Blair and Serena's relationship closely, there's a long line of betrayal that surfaces almost immediately. Although they claim to be best friends, in the harshest situations one feels the need to triumph over the other, and their small test of friendship can lead to a catastrophe. The lesson taken from this love-hate relationship is that betrayal is less effective when one can rise above it. On the other end of the spectrum, the male characters have recurring issues of their own. As seen in previous seasons, there's no surprise to the line of heartbreaks that come with Gossip Girl's hottest characters. Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford's character) was Serena's first love until her relationship with Blair ruined things once again. This season, he is dating a Buckley, which is sure to land him in trouble after running through Serena, Blair, Vanessa, and even little Jenny Humphrey. Then there's Dan Humphrey who portrays a cheesy romantic but never fails to capture the eyes of his audience. He was Serena's second love until they departed last season, and now he seems to find himself with issues of his own. Despite his past, which included a sneaky affair with a high school teacher, Dan appears to be less scandalous than the other characters. He's torn between old flame Vanessa and a new girl on camera, but he later learns that taking the new way out is what's best for him. Perhaps the sneakiest of all characters is the notable Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick), who plays Blair's shaky love interest. He's known as the series' lust-driven antagonist because he's been caught in several sneaky affairs with numerous girls. He is often despised by many, but, like Blair, he uses his wealth and power to earn respect. While many viewers can relate to the gossiping lives of teenagers seen today, it caught me by surprise seeing that the male characters on the show were involved in the gossip just as much as the females. Despite their background, each character has found themselves in the spotlight in some manner and they show just how hard it can be to dig your way out. The lesson learned here is to be the bigger person and keep out of the cruel teenage world of gossiping, which will ultimately help out in the long run. New to this season, characters Jenny Humphrey (Taylor Momsen) and Vanessa (Jessica Szohr) finally have a chance in the spotlight, getting more than just their 15 minutes of fame, as Jenny claims her throne at Constance Billiard and Vanessa dukes it out with Blair. Olivia (Hilary Duff), the new girl on camera, takes everyone by storm and becomes a threat to the newest social ladder. When Vanessa's long lost mother appears on the scene, she willfully announces her views on the evils of her daughter's private education ("Knowledge should not be for sale") and the shallowness of the 'high life.' Vanessa, then, becomes determined to win her mom over by delivering the freshman toast at school, but being the second choice – Olivia triumphs as number one - Vanessa can't help but to be manipulated by Blair. In the end, both Blair and Vanessa lose their chances of making the toast and Olivia gladly accepts. Blair announces, "Irony certainly can be cruel," in an effort to wave her white flag against Vanessa. Although scandal appears everywhere in Gossip Girl news, there's no doubt that teenagers may be getting the ideas of betraying one another to what they want from the popular series. There's certainly a strong satire of teenage living that is enveloped in the series and it's portrayed from all angles: socially, mentally, and even physically. The lives of the elite are full of power, heartbreak, scandal, and revenge, but without these key traits the infamous "gossip girl" would have nothing to gossip about. Knowing her affects on people, she uses her conniving skills to continue in ruining the lives of these noted characters. In announcing her famous line, "You know you love me. Xoxo, Gossip girl," her point becomes very clear.
  • What a waste of air time

I know that these days it's all about pleasing viewers from the age of 12 to 23 but I am aghast at the quality of television these days including this senseless show that shows young, egotistical, useless teenagers going about life as if there were no responsibilities. The characters are fairly artificial and trust me, I know it's all about the clothes being worn by beautiful people but there in no depth to the stories.It goes to show you that the shows that sell on television are still shows about hospitals,detectives, young heartless people,more hospital series, more detective series and oh yes, those reality shows.Welcome to the Dark Ages of television.
  • A show about the troubled (HA!) lives of Manhattans elite.

This show is one of the better CW shows. Its about 6 people living either in Brooklyn or the Upper East Side. Social climber Jenny Humphrey, or Little J, is having difficulty becoming one of Constance It Girls. Dan, J's bro, is having trouble NOT becoming popular By being Serena Van Der Woodsen's boy friend. Serena is back from a mysterious year-long stay at boarding school. Blair Waldorf is having trouble keeping her crown at Constance. Chuck Bass is also having trouble keeping his steamy affair with Blair a secret from Nate. Nate's dad's a druggie, his GF had sex with his best bud, Chuck. All of this is documented by the unseen narrator, Gossip Girl.
  • this show is really good if you like shows like the oc and other that are on now of days.

i like the show gossip girl. it is really good show that touches apon a older crownd of kids from a manhatten privat school. i think its a really good show and the first season was good and the second season. the show touches on subjects like any other show of its kind. breaking the law ,the girls and there problems and the boys with there problems. even the parents with there problems. it is such a good show and the same person that makes the oc did this show with the help of another person . so i like this show and i am a 20 year old guy.
  • Great show from CW.

Gossip Girl.

A show about the scandalous lives of the Manhattan elite told from the view of Gossip Girl: an anonymous blogger. This show started out great and just keeps getting better as the characters grow. It deals with the typical issues of teens nowadays: school, dating, parties and sex, except that the people are the richest people on Earth. This show has a great variety from hilarious scenes to ones so sad that you can't help but cry along with the characters. Add to it the fact that all of their secrets are posted online and sent to the cells of every person in Manhattan who read Gossip Girl. It definately makes life interesting.

Great show.
  • Good Show not great but i would still say its an overrated show on tv!!!!

Gossip girl!!! Well according to me the only reason i started watching this show is because the creator of this show is JOSH SCHWARTZ, the director of some amazing shows like Chuck and The OC !!!! People would certainly like this show if they havent watch The OC , but if they do already have watched The OC , i am sure they would end up really disappointed coz its nowhere close when compared to it!!! This was the major problem with me liking the show coz i frequently compare this show with the OC!! I miss THE OC very badly and i thought josh could have done better in the show but its just not upto the mark !! I know the fans wont agree with me here but i have given a 9.5 only coz its the OC director !!! And those of you who dont agree with me here pls do watch the OC and then You would know!!!!!
  • These characters whip out their cellphones faster than they switch love interests.

Every decent drama TV show tries to make every episode in which if you watch it, you will be instantly hooked to the entire series. Gossip Girl is no exception. I watched an episode in the middle of season three, recommended by a friend, and I was attached to the plot. I immediately watched all three seasons from the pilot to the last episode, and it did not disappoint. Gossip Girl is packed with fast moving storylines, shocking situations dubbed as "OMG moments," and extremely diverse characters.

A common misconception is that Gossip Girl only follows the lives of rich, spoiled teens on the Upper East Side. However, one that takes the time to view a few episodes will soon realize that this drama effectively balances the priveledged lives of Manhattan teenagers, as well as the lower class lives of Brooklynites. I particularly enjoy the idea of the character "Gossip Girl" herself, who follow the lives of these Upper East Siders.

The storylines of this well known drama can, however, be like flipping a coin. Simply, some are good and some are not. While most storylines are fun and interesting to follow, few can be boring and dragged out. Nevertheless, the majority do not disappoint.

For example, my favorite storyline has to be the Georgina episodes circa season one. The few episodes Michelle Tratchenburg was in were filled with fun drama that kept you glued to the screen. While her later appearances on season two and three lacked as much excitement, you can always count on Georgina to make things interesting.

Overall, I recommend this series as a fun guilty pleasure. Hopefully season four will match up to the quality of the first three seasons!
  • great show

great show! I first started watching this because I read the books a couple of years ago, and was positively surprised when the story and characters evolved in a totally different direction. In the books I didn't really care about any of the characters because I just didn't like them, but in the show, they just grew on me :)
    Although the show has lost some of it's former originality - the first season was just great - I still enjoy watching it and won't stop hoping it will find it's way back to being the best teen show on tv :)
  • Not the show I thought I would enjoy, but I did.

When people call Gossip Girl too scandalous, I don't get it. I mean, the show is fun. Serena is cool. Dan is cooler. Blaire is hot. Nate is hotter. Chuck Bass is...well, chuck Bass.

I love the show.

What I love about the show:
    Well, I love everything (just trying to kill the word limit. Coorperate) Oh, and its soundtrack is always amazing.

What I hate:
    I don't really hate anything about it. I mean, Its not my favourite show. But there aren't any flaws.
    But ya, that speech Chuck gave on Lily and his dad's wedding was boring (if that counts).

Favourite Episodes:
    All the episodes with Georgina in it.

AHA! Word limit crossed!
  • Deepest, Darkest, Guiltiest Pleasure

Can't stop watching. Delicious. Of course, I was born and raised on the Upper East Side (below Park Avenue...on the "middle class Dan" side of the tracks). I knew these Dalton types... Didn't think much of 'em, to be honest. But I must say I enjoy the total ridiculousness of billionaire Chuck Bass doing hookers in Bangkok at age 17 and the fact Moms and Dads drop in to show some dysfunction in their own lives, then drop back out while their kids run amok. I'm sure I will watch until it's ultimate demise but enjoy pretty much every sick moment along the way.
  • Gossip Girl is truly a "guilty pleasure" as well as a great mother-daughter activity!

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of shows like Gossip Girl, such as The O.C. and Laguna Beach, because I find them unrealistic, over-glamourous, and meangingless. Well in Gossip Girl, unrealistic, over-glamourous and meangingless television has never been so entertaining! There's nothing better than sitting down and watching a bit of fantasy television about gorgeous people with gorgeous clothes and gorgeous boyfriends with over-dramatic lives. From the virginiy scandals to the drug over-doses, the bingeing and the break-ups, Gossip Girl does prove to be as over-dramatic and unrealistic as the ads promise.
    Best hour of television in the week.
  • The acting is good, the idea of Gossip Girl I find ingenious and the story is -sometimes- interesting.

The show is typical. It's not a masterpiece, not by far. But it is interesting! I think that the existence of Gossip Girl is smart. It the enemy of the high class, but the high class can't seem to live without it. The characters are not likeable. Actually, what I've noticed is that the ones we're supposed to like because they're normal, or even borderline normal, like Nate, Serena, Dan, those are the least likeable. Chuck and Blair, the "evil" ones, them I like. Especially Chuck is the least fake of the bunch. I think the series is acceptable. You just have to swallow a lot of backstabbing along with that upper East Side martini of yours.
  • the story takes places in a high school from the upper east side of manhattan, where to be the most popular is the important thing.

maybe is not the best tv show made about high school kids. maybe the screenplay could be better and probably the story a little more credible, but i like it, and if you start watching it, you would love it too. it makes me pass a great time, forguetting about the world outside and the problems, and i don't ask anything more about a tv show like that.
    if you loved one tree hill, dawson's creek, beverly hills 90210 or the oc, you will love it.
    the last minutes of the episode will asure you will be waiting to see the next one.
  • A complete and total disappointment

I was excited to see that Gossip Girl was becoming a show, considering I was a fan of the books. What a disappointment I was in for. While the books are edgy, witty, and interesting, the show is nothing like them.
    I don't usually moan and complain about differences between books and screen adaptions, because some things just cannot be transfered. But the only things that are the same between the books and the show are that it's named "Gossip Girl", the characters have the same names, and it's set in the Upper East Side. That's it. Important character traits that were in the books, that defined the characters, are not found in the show. In particular, Jenny and Dan Humphrey. Even their zany but hilarious father, Rufus, has completely changed as well. These quirky, complex, extremely interesting characters transfered onto the show as shallow, generic, pretty people. Jenny, who, in the books, really wanted to be like Serena, but in reality was short, with curly hair and was very self conscious, tried her best to be accepted, even following in the footsteps of what Serena did in her past. In the show, Jenny is almost a carbon copy of Serena. Blonde, pretty. Bland. The same thing happened to Dan when he transfered to the screen, as well as many other characters.
    The only slightly interesting characters that this show has are Chuck and Gossip Girl herself. Played well by Ed Westwick and Kristen Bell (even though just her voice is used). I feel that the character of Serena was designed to suit Blake Lively, the pretty, 'good girl', instead of Blake making herself into Serena. In the books, Serena is a beautiful girl, who attracts the attention of men all around. Even though Serena isn't too smart and is a bit of a space cadet herself. The same thing seemed to happen to Dan. In the books he is a witty and intelligent poet, but quirky and strange. Penn Badgely just seems to be trying to hard to be funny in the show. He's just as bland as the rest of them.

Even though the book series of Gossip Girl isn't 'fine literature' by any means, it definitely is one of the better, well written books of its kind. There is literally no comparison between the show and the books. It had potential to be a different teen show, but ended up being just so completely bland and boring. I think I am the most disappointed in Josh Schwartz, who created the great show of The OC, which deteriorated over the years, but started out strong. Those characters had some substance. If you enjoy good television, skip Gossip Girl. It has no real substance at all.
  • You know you love it.

I've only seen the first season, because here in New Zealand it's on a Sunday afternoon - a very inconvenient time for me. But thankfully they make dvds!

Anyway, I thought season one was fantastic. I was a little sceptical about watching it as I thought it sounded too similar to The OC but I'm glad I did. It's so much better than The OC!

The characters are awesome. I especially love Serena and Dan. They're so nice and down to earth. It adds balance as a show full of hot, popular b**chs would get boring. The idea of "Gossip Girl" is a little far fetched at times because it's impossible for someone to know everything that's going on in people lives, but other than that the show is perfect! I can't wait for season two on dvd.
  • well it's all about the life of the upper east siders. the people, their lifestyle and culture..

i'm a teenager.and maybe that's why i got addicted to this show. it really got my attention. but if you really try to think about it, the show's kind of senseless. BOOZE, GIRLS, MONEY, GREED, PARTY. that's what this show teaches you. after realizing this, i told myself that maybe i should watch another tv show instead. a tv show where i can truly learn. i think other teenagers have the need to realize this. coz because of this show, our morals are affected. teenagers think that it's ok to party all night and go have sex with a whole bunch of people. well there are also good things being learned from the show, but there are really only a feww. i dont really mean to offend anyone. it's just an opinion :)
  • This show is great! I love it!

Gossip Girl is a great show. It really isn't like any other teen drama. It isn't boring or cheesy and I've enjoyed every episode so far.

I like most of the characters but my favorite character is Chuck. He is so bad and I love it! but he also has a heart and feelings and I like that. I also like that he's there for his friends when they need him.

I enjoy the relationship Rufus has with his kids Dan and Jenny. He's a good dad.

I like Dan because he works hard and doesn't care about fitting in with everyone else. Dan brings out the best in Serena when they are together. But they don't even come close to Blair and Chuck which are perfect for each other. :) love them.
  • Yes, please.

So, the whole episode starts off with the skeavy Jack stepping out of a limo after a GG-speech about inheritence and money and looking just as one would expect him to: sort of awesomely wicked. It's set to "Mirror Error" by the Faint which is a really great song and also finishes off the episode which I have to say is a nice touch.
    Blair approaches with the most disgusted look on her face in a long time, looking like she got too much botox or otherwise she would frown. They're gathered for the reading of the will, and Jack is fully intent on inheriting the power to run Bass Industries. And then Nate appears out of the blue, like the BFF he should've acted about an episode ago. No word on where he's been or why he hasn't been in touch before now, but whatever.

Then there's Dan and Jenny, and Jenny is refreshingly still in high school. I know, shocking. Also on their way to school is Serena and Eric, and Eric actually has a bit of plot in this episode, not just gay sidekick. He's not thrilled about Jenny latching onto him and Jonathan all the time, which I get, because I wouldn't want to hang out with Jenny too much either. Or at all, but y'know, no personal judgement.

Anyways, Chuck gets the power to run Bass Industries, which is sort of shocking to everyone [at least those who don't watch promos] and especially Jack, who's not turning that frown upside down anytime soon. But turns out he's more of a Bass than one might've bargained for, because throughout the episode he's a total sleaze who tries to bring Chuck down whenever he's not name-dropping prescription drugs for STDs.

So what is annoying couple no. 1 up to today? Well, Rufus and Lily are in Boston trying to track down their lost child, which is just terrific except for the fact that Lily hasn't mentioned the part about a child to her other two children, which isn't surprising for her. Seriously, that woman does not know how to care for her children. You would've thought she would've cleaned up her act after that talk with Eric but no, as soon as Bart is cold in the ground she's onto a new man. Or rather yet, the same one she hasn't been able to let go of for twenty very, very long years. The worst part about all this is that Serena and Eric don't even complain anymore, they just seemed used to the fact that their mom's not in town.
    Complaining aside, Rufus and Lily don't have much luck finding their kid, so they go back to doing what they do best: hooking up. So much for Dan having a VdW woman alone for like, two seconds.

The mean girls decide that they've had enough of following after Blair, who in turn is attached to Chucks' hip, so they decide to dig up the dirt on Dan all by themselves and Nelly Yuki, who went from likeable to surprisingly mean in two episodes (though I have to admit it's really amusing) snatches Dan's cellphone when he and Vanessa are in a candy store.
    Important things about this candy store: 1) Nate starts acting like the flip-floppy BFF that he really is, because even though there's like a huge brunch for Chuck he wants to celebrate his 2 month anniversary with Vanessa. Which I get, but why can't he do it later (it's a brunch for crying out loud, not a day-long thing). But the other important thing about the candy store scene is that Vanessa is not as annoying as usual! Normally I want to rip her apart whenever I see her with that holier-than-thou attitude, but she was quite tolerable in this scene.
    So, the mean girls leak the dirt on Rufus and Lily: they have a kid and omgasp! That means that Dan and Serena, who've are back together for anyone who happened to blink or anything, share a sibling. Even Chuck and GG think this is taking it a bit too far.

Meanwhile, Bart hit Chuck's weak spot and made him believe that he had a boring life when he was in reality going to meet the smoking-hot Blair in what seemed more like a nightgown than a dress by calling her 'wife'. So he drags Chuck out on the town with three ... respectable ladies ... and the next day, at the big brunch Blair and Jack have thrown for him, he's wasted and still entertaining these respectable ladies up in the office. Blair's not happy about this, and neither is the board for Bass Industries. Then Chuck goes on to tell Blair to back off, which is probably the stupidest thing Chuck has done in the last week or so because seriously, Blair is the best thing to have happened to him.

Dan and Serena decide to try and work it out anyway, which isn't as icky as one would've thought, because Rufus and Lily met with the dad of the child who said that their son drowned a while ago. But no, he didn't really, because the parents are just afraid that Rufus and Lily would take their kid away. I can't blame them, because Lily's parenting has been messed up beyond belief before. This woman makes Eleanor look like Mom of the Year. Eric and Jenny have a little spat and then totally make up in a very teenagy and sweet way. Everything's sweet as soon as Eric's involved. That kid is so needed for this show, because the show needs genuinly likeable characters like him. Dorota and Cyrus are pretty loveable too, especially Dorota.

In other annoying news, Dan goes to the gallery to find Vanessa, and Nate gives him a speech about finding his real friends through hardness. So sweet, but then he goes and ruins it all by naming Dan as the true friend he was talking about. What the hell, Nate? Forgetting someone much? Like your BFF Chuck? Chuck and Blair are two of the most loyal people on this show, and if you hadn't been such an ass to both of them on different occasions you'd be able to see that. Shame on you, Nate. You haven't even talked to Dan since that little bromance with the football.

And then Chuck realises what a douche Jack is (an awesome douche, as Barney Stinson would say) and goes to apologize to Blair and they have an incredible scene. They always do. Blair tells him that she's done watching him self-destruct, and more power to her and all that, I just wish they would get back together already. My C/B heart is aching for some love.
    But somehow, even though Chuck and Blair need to get back together, Rufus and Lily get that opportunity this episode. They come home to the loft and find Eric, Serena, Dan and Jenny being adorable and family-like and clasp hands. Yeah, way to forget that other kid of yours that used to be in your family too and needs your help, Lily. You might remember him? Named Chuck and you used to be married to his dad less than like, two months ago. No? Only Humphrey from now on? Ok, got it.

"But every once in a while, the fate smiles upon you and you get the one thing you truly need."
    What I really need? Some love between Chuck and Blair, proper UES style. There's a reason Blair doesn't like Brooklyn.
    xoxo
  • german opera :-)

I'm really hooked the Gossip Girl! It's nice to see Chuck back with the van der Woodsens. "Point 26..." Fun :-)

I really liked Eric with the German Opera / German Klaus statements.

If anybody's wondering about the German stuff, the Opera is originally called "Die Zauberflöte" (the Magic Flute).

The Song they talk about is: "Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen", which Eric translates perfectly but pronounces slightly wrong. (It's the first line you hear on the record player as the scene starts ;-)).

The other 2 German parts were:
    "Es war wunderschön, Danke. Und sie?"

Which translates "It was beautiful, thank you. And you?"

and

"Geh zum Teufel" translating "go to the devil" (i.e. go to hell...)
  • Gossip Girl posted a Dan-Ms. Carr relationship issue which resulted to Ms. Carr being fired and Dan and her having sex. Chuck met his "Dream Girl" and found out his dad was in this secret group society and he feels the need to explore more about it.

Call me superficial but I'd have to say, this episode showed exactly why i keep watching this show! I LOVED THIS EPISODE! The drama, scandal, lust, and everything, it was all crazy. IT was awesome! haha sorry bout me raving about this episode but seriously, while i was watching it, i was almost always at the edge of my seat (LITERALLY!). Either because i want to push the fast forward button, shake the computer to make sense in everything that's happening or simply because i want to start jumping up and down. From this mystery group of Bart Bass and whatever happened to Elle, to this Serena-once-again-break-up-with-Dan thing and Ms. Carr-Dan relationship, it was really well written! two thumbs up for the writers! ;) Looking forward to more scandalous, dramatic episodes!
  • Gossip Girl is about the lives of 6 teenagers: Dan, Jenny, Serena, Blair, Chuck, and Nate, who live their life in the glamour of Manhattan. Everyone knows everything about their lives thanks to an annonymous gossip girl.

This show is awesome! Once you start you just keep on watching non-stop!! Anyone would dream to be Blair, Serena, Dan, Chuck, or Nate, being rich and being able to do whatever you want, whenever you want. That's what keeps me hooked on. And on top of that, their lives are so interesting and have so much drama that you cannot stop watching this show. You know that Upper-East Side kids are are rich, bratty, spoiled, but with everything that goes wrong in their lives, this show is always interesting and you don't want to miss a single episode! You cannot get enough of Gossip Girl!
  • I really like this show...

Who wouldnt love a show about super wealthy teenagers?

The upper east siders are just great, from the ex-bad girl, to the actual bad girl, and girls on their way to be very bad. And the guys? Gorgeous! I cant have enough fun with Charles "the motherchucker" Bass, I must say is my favorite character, he's bad and not affraid to admit it.

Serena and Blair show us what friendship really is, they go on and off but in the end they're always there for each other.

Nate, the hot guy is the fine example on how to look up when life goes very wrong, I must say that is great for young people today.

Anyway, the characters make us stay in front of the TV just to know what new trouble they're in.

I hope this show go on for many years cause its worth it.

XOXO