Gossip Girl

The CW (ended 2012)

neomichel

Gossip Girl Fan Reviews (377)

• What i thought about Gossip Girl!

I just finished watching this show today! WOO!

I was reading reviews and noticed a LOT of people were not pleased with the last few seasons on the show and the finale.

I personally really enjoyed this show. Yes, there were moments that i found annoying (Blair/Dan-although i will admit it was well written) and somewhat boring (season 3 . There were points in the show where i pretty much was annoyed by every character. I had a nice chuckle at the amount of love interest's Nate can have too... Hahah... I actually did like his character in the end, although not alwys his love interests. There were "YES!!" "OMG!" "NO!!" "Aww!!" moments! I love Blair/Serena's friendship, Blair/Chuck's heartbreaking relationship, Dan/Nate/Chuck friendship, Lily/Rufus romance, Lily/Chuck mother son bond, Serena/Chuck's brother sister relationship, the Blair take towns, when they all worked together, when Georgina showed up to mess everything up:P

Now on to the things i was not so happy about... I found that they RUINED Dan's character somewhere between seasons 4/5 and i really just started hating him... The end with Chuck/Blair was too rushed. I was hoping for a real wedding and better proposal. That was THE moment to wait for IMO and we didn't get it... We didn't get that surprising, romantic proposal we were teased probably around 3x beforehand :P Serena and Dan were also rushed... I feel like they were ruined when Blair and Dan got together. I am happy they ended up together as i wanted them to from the start, but they could have written them better. I mean, for half of season 6 Serena was with another guy(don't remember his name). Nate didn't even end up with anyone... I was hoping he would end up with Jenny actually since i knew she was returning for the finale. Serena and Blair were basically not friends the whole time until the end... As much as i didn't like Blair/Dan there was no closure for them. LILY AND RUFUS DID NOT END UP TOGETHER! The whole season they were barley taking and APART! :( I have to admit.... for a while they were the only interesting party of the show for me and I have been rooting for them as endgame since day 1! I have to say i'm 100% against the incest idea but i just HAVE to make an exception for them because i love them sooo much! For a season that was SO short and only had 10 episodes, they really needed to skip all the filler stuff and work on rapping up the season. I feel like the show lacked a good rap up of all the characters and story lines... the beginning half focused on things that were not important. Dan revealing himself as GG was pretty good. The thing is, i feel like the writers just threw it together. I do not think it was very planned out. It was rushed as well. I would have preferred 5ish episodes to rap that story up too (or at least more than what was given). I know they were only given 10 episodes so possibly things would have been different if they were given a whole season.

So even with all my complaints---- I rated the show as an 8 because without looking at all the technical stuff, i REALLY enjoyed watching! It lost points for the ending being too rushed and ruining some characters... The Blair/Chuck angst was KILLING me but i loved it! I know my complaints were longer than the part on what I liked. The complaints were mostly about the last season. I really did like this show but there are some things that i would have done differently and changed. But it is what it is.. :)

(PS- WOW! Can't believe how much i wrote... LOL IDK if anyone will read to the end:P Hope i was not too boring)