Gossip Girl

The Magnificent Archibalds

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 17, 2008 on The CW

7.9

Definitely not as good as last year's Thanksgiving special (to this day, it's still the best episode the series in my opinion), but this episode still was good regardless and possibly the best episode of the season by far. The thought of Jenny's emancipation story line becoming a season arc really turned me off but I'm glad to see that that's finally over, and we can finally move on from the annoying Jenny episodes.

We got a lot of Thanksgiving traditions brought to surface here like eating the fries at the diner or spending Thanksgiving with Rufus (the van Der Woodsens). So in a way, we got a season 1-feel, but still not quite as good. Blair and her family problems bored me but it was a nice tie in to Jenny and her problems.

The Serena/Aaron relationship is beginning to repeat the same problem Serena/Dan had, and I hope nothing comes of this problem in future episodes because that would just be pathetic. Vanessa stealing Nate's letter? That got on my nerves, but regardless, this was a feel-good Thanksgiving special that closed out a lot of story lines this season. Good episode.