Gossip Girl

The Princess Dowry

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Feb 27, 2012 on The CW

7.7
  • Relax Everyone

I honestly don't understand why everyone is so upset with this episode. Yes there are things that I didn't like but again I am not the writer so unless I would or others on this review board would like to join the team of writers, things will not always go the way I would like.

Blair choosing Dan: of course she chose him. The Chuck/Blair story has been dragged out for 4 seasons now. It got old and boring. Perhaps the fact that Blair and Chuck have been going back and forth is an indication that they love each other but not "in love". Blair was denying her feelings for Dan until she finally gave in and admitted to it. Dan has been her friend, her getaway driver, and anyone else she needed him to be all the while Chuck was scheming how to destroy her wedding, how to screw Dan, and how to make her get divorced from Luis. Maybe Dan is the one who sabotaged the wedding but he did it to make Blair happy (since she didn't love Luis as much as she should) and not for his selfish reasons. People who are Chair fans (as I once was) need to embrace a new story and not be stuck in their pre-2012 minds. I for one am happy that those 2 are together, it's new and fresh!

Things I didn't like:

- Cece left Lily's house to Ivy. What did Lily ever do to her? I'm not surprised that Ivy got some money (although I don't know if I believe that CeCe actually knew the story), but all of it? Either Ivy tampered with the will or CeCe decided to call her "Ivy" since she pretended that this was the name her mother forced her to have and she was used to it.

- Lola being stupid about how the entire family is materialistic- because no other person would be upset that the imposter Ivy gets all the family money!

Things I'm looking forward to seeing:

- Ivy getting her ass kicked in court and all of the money going back to Lily- despite the fact that Ivy helped CeCe, she was still stealing from the family and stealing someone's identity. If she gets to keep the money, there is no justice in the world.

- Chuck moving on to a new relationship

- Jack Bass is back- maybe he'll explain how Elizabeth Hurley fits into the story

- Who will pay Blair's dowry? Will Georgina keep her end of the bargain?

- Will Serena take over as GG now that Georgina sent her the laptop?

All in all, this is a SHOW- things will be unrealistic and the writers will do what they think is a good idea. To them a good idea is what will keep the show running-aka drama.