A Gotham Community
Monday 8:00 PM on FOX
Following the announcement that Fox has officially ordered Gotham to series, I thought it was a good time to share some of the stuff I've come across.
And probably the best place to start is with the extended trailer:

The extended trailer has a couple of interesting additions to the original teaser that may not have been pointed out, but Poison Ivy and The Riddler have been added.

And I'll follow it up with this full cast promo poster:

Which has a tiny Easter Egg already - there's a graffiti penguin above Cobblepot in the poster.

In case you're wondering what Gotham is really going to be about, here is part of a newly released official synopsis:

Everyone knows the name Commissioner Gordon. He is one of the crime world’s greatest foes, a man whose reputation is synonymous with law and order. But what is known of Gordon’s story and his rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? What did it take to navigate the multiple layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world’s most iconic villains? And what circumstances created them – the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker. GOTHAM is an origin story of the great DC Comics super villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told. From executive producer/writer Bruno Heller (“The Mentalist,” “Rome”), GOTHAM follows one cop’s rise through a dangerously corrupt city teetering on the edge of evil and chronicles the birth of one of the most popular super heroes of our time.

I haven't included the whole thing, because for some reason it is a bit too in depth - there is a lot of character detail.
But if you want to read the whole thing, just click HERE
(via Comingsoon.net)

* More worrying for me, is some of the details that io9 posted about a 2nd draft script for the pilot that they got their hands on.
By their description, there will be a lot crammed into the pilot - lots of characters, lots of nods to their comic book traits/backgrounds, as well as putting a plot together.
The script draft is dated Jan. 31, 2014, so hopefully it wasn't the last one, because if the characters and dialogue are weak, Gotham may finds itself struggling the way S.H.I.E.L.D. has for most of its first season.
You can check out the full article HERE, but I have to warn you, there are spoilers for the pilot (via io9)

* Danny Cannon will be directing the pilot (via Deadline)

* The pilot will include Oswald Cobblepot - The Penguin (via Gothamsite)

* Here are the official cast photos:

Ben McKenzie as James Gordon

Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock

Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth

Robin Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot

Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle

For some reason there are no character posters for Captain Essen, Edward Nygma, Fish Mooney or Barbara Kean, but there are some character descriptions for them:

Captain Essen(Zabryna Guevara ): Gordon’s boss at the GCPD Homicide Squad, Captain Essen balances the two worlds of police and politics with a Machiavellian skill that’s as much corporate litigator as cop.

Edward Nygma (Cory Michael Smith): a brilliant but socially awkward forensic scientist who’s eccentric and outgoing and desperate to be liked.

Barbara Kean(Erin Richards ): A sophisticated emergency room doctor, Barbara is the fiancée of James Gordon, joyful but with an edge of vulnerability. She stands by her future husband, which can be difficult in a world as corrupt as Gotham.

Fish Mooney(Jada Pinkett Smith ): an imposing, hotheaded and notoriously sadistic gangster boss and nightclub owner with street smarts and almost extra-sensory abilities to read people like an open book who is not one to be crossed.

Oh and no official photo for BRUCE F*CKING WAYNE!!!
(SPOILER ALERT: He's Batman!!!!)
Young Bruce Wayne is played by David Mazouz and his character is described as:son of Thomas and Martha Wayne. Dark haired, handsome, soulful, wise, strong willed. A kid with tragic gravitas…SERIES REGULAR

* Here are some on set photos:

* Ben McKenzie already has a connection to the Batman universe - he voiced a young Bruce Wayne in the animated version of Batman: Year One.
Here is an old interview he did to promote it:

* Traditionally, James Gordon has a mustache. So for all the purists out there:

* And finally showrunner Bruno Heller did an interview with Entertainment weekly, where he goes into details about the visual style they hope the show will have, character details, and generally what to expect from the show.
Which is fine.
And then he dropped a bomb about the possibility of The Joker being in the show.

You mentioned The Killing Joke. So you’ll bring in The Joker?
He’s the crown jewel of the Batman villains. He will be brought in with great care and a lot of thought.
Some feel Heath Ledger’s performance was so iconic it would be a mistake to try to do that character again so soon.
I’ve written scenes for Julius Caesar and Marc Anthony and Cleopatra. So while that is a serious and valid note, you can’t get into doing this without going there. That was a wonderful performance and — apart from everything else — wonderful make-up. And we should try to live up to that. It will be a different character. It’s certainly going to be more Heath Ledger than Cesar Romero. But like I say, all of these people are real people with feelings and emotions and history and parents. I just build from that.
(via EW.com)

After reading that, there was a huge smile on my face.

Because the Joker is f*cking awesome!
35 Comments
Follow this Show
Members