A Gotham Community
Monday 8:00 PM on FOX

Fox made an honest man out of Gotham earlier today by announcing it has officially picked up the Batman prequel to series, and now we've got your first look at Jim Gordon origin story, courtesy of a brand-spankin'-new trailer.

When the project was first announced, I wondered whether anyone cared about the eventual-police-commissioner's origin story enough to warrant an entire series. That remains to be seen, but so far I like what I do see. Yeah, the trailer beats you over the head with the fact that Gotham is a prequel by literally spelling it out for you, but the look of the series feels right. Check it out!

In Gotham, Ben McKenzie will use his experience on Southland to play James "Jim" Gordon, the future ally of the Dark Knight and a detective at the Gotham City Police Department (as opposed to the commissioner he'll one day become). He also successfully uses his Crazy Eyes (technical term) to make sure you understand that everything he's saying is very serious. 

Rounding out the cast are Donal Logue (Terriers, and pretty much everything else these days) as Gordon's partner Harvey Bullock, Sean Pertwee (Elementary) as Alfred Pennyworth, Jada Pinkett Smith (Hawthorneas the villainous Fish Mooney, Robin Lord Taylor (Law & Order: SVUas Oswald Cobblepot a.k.a. the Penguin, Erin Richards (Being Human) as Gordon's fiancée Barbara Kean, and Zabryna Guevara (Burn Notice) as Captain Essen, Gordon's boss on the GCPD Homicide Squad. Bringing the tween cast to life are David Mazouz (Touch) as the freshly orphaned Young Bruce Wayne and Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle (the future Catwoman).

How does Gotham look to you?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/22/2014

Season 1 : Episode 1

Next Episode

AIRS ON 9/29/2014

Season 1 : Episode 2

84 Comments
Follow this Show
Members