Grace Under Fire

The Show-Me State

Aired Wednesday 9:30 PM Nov 20, 1996 on ABC

• Rick and Grace meet up again in New York City.

Today I saw this episode for the very first time and it just about broke my heart. Libby, Nadine and Grace had gone to New York so Libby could compete in the Why I Love My State contest only to find that Rick has tracked them there. Rick and Grace are just about my favorite couple on televison and because I've not seen the entire series I've always held on to a small hope that Rick and Grace would get back together. However, when all was said and done, what Grace had to stay about their relationship was more than true. They just didn't love each other enough. She didn't love him enough to go to Alaska and he didn't love her enough to not marry someone else. The episodes with Rick were some of my favorites and while this one didn't end the way I wanted it to, I have to say that this might be my favorite yet. As I continue to watch the show, I don't think I'll ever smile so much as I have watching Rick and Grace together and I wonder what character can come along to match what Rick brought to the show.