A Graceland Community
USA (ended 2015)

Graceland S01E09: "Smoke Alarm"

Halfway through "Smoke Alarm," when Juan told Mike about Graceland's ill-fated predecessor, I decided that it was an excellent, game-changing (though it seems like every other installment of Graceland involves some kind of "game-changer"), and crazypants episode. When paired with Briggs' erratic and incriminating behavior, Juan's story about "The Estate" and the violent end to the experiment—which, even after the horrible deaths of five agents, somehow seemed like a great-enough idea that the FBI replicated the situation with Graceland???— made Juan's insistence that Briggs is a baddie seem perfectly plausible for the first time in the series, maybe even obvious. 

I came to three possible conclusions during that scene: 

1. Juan was still a total douche who was setting Briggs up for something.

2. Juan was so blinded by grief over his lost peers and friends that he was desperate to pin their deaths on anyone, even the Estate's lone survivor, Briggs. 

3. Juan was right and Briggs was clearly a drug-peddling murderer. 

Turns out I have no idea WTF the truth is. I don't want to say that I went into Graceland with low expectations, but they were definitely somewhere around mediocre. I figured the series probably wouldn't suck. I certainly wasn't prepared for it to be one of the high points of my summer TV schedule. 

Granted, this crazy-train is starting to go a little off the rails with the revelation that there was a pre-Graceland Graceland and the Jangles who got Briggs hooked on smack and apparently lit the match that torched Graceland the First miiiight just be a good guy (but probably not.)

Mike was on punching bag duty yet again this week but getting stabbed in the gut by the evilest mofo in SoCo is more of an inconvenience than getting knocked out by your mentor. He managed to keep it together well enough to instruct the FBI grunts in keeping a cover intact as Bello was trotted past him in handcuffs, but when he came to in the hospital, he spilled the beans to Paige about his real mission at Graceland and she took it about as well as you'd expect. I mean, we don't really know enough about her to make an informed guess about how she should have reacted, but whatever. Like, I could see Johnny being all "WTF SNITCH," and I could see Charlie being thrilled to have someone who sort of shares her suspicions about their fearless leader, but I just don't think the show has paid enough attention to Paige's own philosophy about the house and her relationships with the other agents to personally feel strongly one way or the other about her response to the news. She called him a rat. That's not entirely fair, and I feel like the pros should know better, but whatever. I'm over it. 

For as much as Graceland is supposed to be a pretty, summer-y ensemble show, the central conflict is increasingly coming down to Briggs, Mike, and Jangles—and in this episode, almost entirely Briggs and Jangles. However, given what was established in the background tale about the Estate, this arrangement actually works on a thematic level. We don't know how much the dearly departed former residents of the Estate actually knew about Briggs and Jangles, so we can fairly assume that they knew nothing and were the unfortunate victims of a conflict they had little to no part in. And knowing this show, that idea will be thrown out the window by the end of next week's episode—we still have to get the entire story behind  Briggs' late ladyfriend, after all—but for now, the apparent ignorance of the Estate's crew versus the insight (however limited) and general nosiness of the Graceland crew serves to present Graceland as rightful successor to its ill-fated parent. Briggs seems to think that he has to avenge his deceased housemates and protect his current roommates all by himself but frankly, that approach isn't going well. Despite his best efforts, Briggs' "family" is in increasing danger. A little knowledge could be incredibly empowering and if Mike and Briggs would just come clean and tell each other the truth, there's a very good chance that they'd be able to connect the dots to the villain in their midst very quickly. 

Now, clearly, neither of them can do that, but Graceland, despite giving us so little when it comes to Paige or DJ (mostly Paige) has managed to give us two excellently fleshed-out characters in Mike and Briggs, in the sense that their inability to communicate doesn't feel like a poorly written plot point that we just have to suck up and accept. Instead, it feels like the foundation for a natural, unavoidable conflict between the duo. Mike is too by-the-book to risk compromising his mission—even if he's quickly losing faith in that mission. His exchange with Paige felt more like an admission of defeat or guilt than a shred of hope that he'd find an ally or a desperate attempt to make a breakthrough. Briggs is too hurt, too incapable of trusting anyone but himself, and too Batman-y (what with the vengeance and all) to willingly seek out assistance. 

But hey, even Batman gets help from time to time. 

NOTES ON THE FRIDGE

– Another MIA DJ episode. :(

– Mike on Jangles' "exclamation point": "This is unreal!" Really? Are you telling me you didn't read about effed-up cases in FBI school? 

– LOL @ Mike dramatically smashing open the photo instead of taking off the back of the frame like a normal person. Also LOL @ Paige calling it "dramatic." 

– WTF Jangles theories! Give me your Jangles theories! (The truth better not involve some lame-ass scorned-lover B.S. concerning the dead girlfriend.)

– I don't think Jangles is dead, do you? That whole taped segment in the car seemed designed to frame Briggs. Dude was rocking a vest. I promise. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 9/17/2015

Season 3 : Episode 13

94 Comments
Comments (94)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
So, wait...Briggs being a villain only NOW seems "perfectly plausible for the first time in the series"?

Whether he's doing it out of greed, for thrills or to get revenge, Briggs is still the biggest heroin dealer on the west coast and responsible (directly and indirectly) for who knows how many deaths. That there are guys out there worse than him I don't think puts him in a better light...being an FBI agent, his bar is set MUCH higher.
Flag
Isn't the Mexican detective guy supposed to be Jangles? In the restaurant they showed his shoulder being bloody from when Briggs shot him at Bello's "safe" house.
Flag
Another thought provoking episode. I have to admire Bello in a way you admire a snake, dude is hardcore very nicely protrayed by the actor! Just when I think I understand Briggs something else comes up. I suppose all this is to do with revenge for the death of his girl.
Mike is a ....snitch simple. And why the hell he have to go around unburdening himself to everyone. Am with Briggs on this one, other people secrets are a burden, don't go be putting it on others, keep them to yourself! Mike's FBI controller has to take the award for the dumbest agent on gods earth, I mean what the hell did he think was gonna happen when he posed as Jangles.
Charlie is like one of those clueless girls that bad things always happen to and you would be like oh no she should have known better.

Flag
I think you're over complicating things, and missing what's going on.. Briggs isn't as bad as we thought, but he's not by the book at all, as he was willing to put his agents in danger to create one monster (Oden) to catch another (Jangles.) I dont know why the FBI guy decided to go undercover as a mercenary (REALLY?! COME ON!!) but he's not Jangles. Jangles was the guy we saw earlier, his skin was slightly darker. So yeah, the FBI guy is onto something but he's wrong and blinded, yeah. So; if Briggs thought he finally found the murdering person he was chasing and drunkenly shot him; well... isn't that what he was half hoping would happen? But I think he knows it wasn't really jangles, that he will figure that out very soon...
Flag
I hope they can make another fantastic episode and make many seasons do

Flag
Now that we all know Briggs is Odin, I'm trying to understand the episode when Whistler died. If the dealer who's house they were at was supposed to set up a meeting with Odin, but Briggs is Odin, how is Briggs able to walk in to his house with Charlie without his cover being blown?
Flag
Remember, no one (but Bella) has ever seen Odin, so nobody recognizes Briggs and knows who he is.
Flag
Also doesn't the fact that Briggs is Odin make Whistler's death his fault? And therefore also his fault that Charlie had to shoot up? They were sitting around waiting for a guy that Briggs knew wasn't going to come.
Flag
Yes.
Flag
Jangles as a symbol of fear is pretty smart as anyone can put on a set of keys and a handkershief around the face and have a set of torturing tools to carry. It's not like a special tattoo or a significant physical attribute. What I am saying is that for all we know, there could be two or more Jangles out there, or a succession of Jangles. So the Federali could be it or when caught someone else will take his place. this means also that we can be open to many surprises on that count.
Briggs has been privvy to some information that he still did not figure out coming from Washington. It is clear that someone close to Mike's father feels threatned by Briggs, maybe that black FBI official we first saw in the pilot. The whole series centers on the ambiguity of doing the right thing in an environment of total corruption and greed. So Briggs can end up being both a good guy in terms of the FBI and a bad guy in terms of the choices he made and still makes. However, it seems to me very difficult to believe that he would be in any way involved in the murder of his previous house colleagues.
More+
Flag
so everyone is lying to mike? poor mike... and then when he tries to find someone he can trust, she calls him a rat?... i feel so sorry for him
Flag
I dont really, his naiviety bothers on stupidity.
Flag
Thank you. I was thinking the same thing'
Flag
Federali Juan is Jangles. Now that we've cleared that up...

Paige and DJ are definitely underdeveloped. It's a shame that Paige just seems to be there to walk around in a bikini top and cut-off denim shorts (although I'm certainly not complaining that she does - Serinda Swan is stunning), she's a good actress and an interesting character and hopefully season two will be a lot more kind to her. DJ is in a similar situation (without the bikini top and shorts) but I think the writers have realised that they don't have enough material to fully include him so rather than have him awkwardly forced into situations they have away working on cases. Hopefully he too will be better treated in season two.

I was convinced for a couple of episodes that Graceland's writers actually had the balls to make Briggs a bad guy. Unfortunately they don't and he isn't (technically he's breaking the law, but it's for vengeance which is OK in TV land). Briggs was only being Odin (was it Odin?) just to bring Jangles out into the open, then Briggs could kill Jangles because Jangles pumped Briggs full of drugs and (probably) burned down The Estate whilst Briggs' at-the-time bed warmer was still in there.

It took a while to get to this point, which is a good thing as it has been a fun ride getting here. I can already see the season finale though and I doubt that's a good thing. Graceland has been a great summer show, which I've enjoyed greatly. Hopefully it will get a second season and we'll get to learn more about DJ and Paige (whilst she walks around in a bikini).
More+
Flag
I really wasn't expecting much from this show when it started. I almost didn't even start watching it. Boy am I glad I did. This is easily the best show of the summer. I just hope if it does come back for a second season, we get some more character development for Johnny, Paige and Jakes...
Flag
I think the federale agent is Jangles. He's got the accent, he's got the right hair and eye colors, and he shows up right when "Jangles" gets into town. He collaborates with Charlie in hopes of finding Odin
Flag
Didn't they make it pretty clear with the bleeding shoulder that Jangles is Charlie's new federali bff?
Flag
Pretty much. Can't believe MaryAnn missed that. Even Juan himself made that clear with the tape...that plus it was damn obvious.
Another fantastic episode!
Flag
Plus, the haircuts are totally different. Real Jangles had longer, curly hair while Juan's is relatively short.
Flag
Yeah I was like 99,9% sure it was him when Charlie caught him in the hotel, but the end totally sealed it!
Flag
Convoluted in a bad way. exactly as I feared from the reveal in episode 1.

on jangles. obviously it's the federali. I'm going to assume it was him and him alone and him and the now deceased mikey's ex-handler. pretty convenient if they weren't working together that mikey's handler armed nothing but a verbal description of jangles managed to get the exact same bandana as jangles. one that looked fairly unique IMO.

glad you all enjoy the show and the writing and what not but IMO it's really sub-par compared to the greats. and that leaves me disappointed. waiting games aren't interesting, they're procrastination and filler. I doubt the end result will justify the means.
Flag
and not him and mikey's ex-handler* the other reason I bring up mikey's ex handler as also being there with the federali is jangles when from behind a counter seemingly 20 feet away or so and out of ammo to standing just on the other side of a wall close enough to stab mikey. that made no sense.
Flag
I thought it was sort of forced the way Rafael was hanging around with the same clothes he was using when he was shot. Did he not felt the bullet? Can someone explain this?
Flag
I also thought it was too forced, given that the "Jangles" who stabbed Mike was clearly wearing the same suit as Cortes and even used the same gun that Cortes pointed at Charlie during their brief standoff. Maybe Cortes didn't feel the shot (which I find hard to believe), or perhaps he was scheduled to meet with Charlie and didn't have an adequate amount of time to change his clothes.

I'd hate to imagine the worst-case-scenario of Cortes/Jangles not bothering to address the bullet hole/bloodstain because he planned on dealing with Charlie as soon as they were finished conversing in that diner. And now I'm worried. :(
Flag
I think you're wrong there. It was a light beige/greyish suit when he stabbed Mike, but it was a much darker shade in the diner with Charlie (besides the darker setting in the diner). The wound started to bleed through the new suit, that's what the writers wanted to portray...don't you think?
Flag
Same suit, similar suit... I chose the wrong word. Sue me. D=
Flag
I Agree
Flag
To further add to the above "worst-case-scenario," I noticed that when Cortes poured the liquor into his and Charlie's coffee mugs, he took a sip of his own drink but appeared to subtly spit it back in order to make it look like he drank some. I think Jangles might have drugged Charlie. [Oh noes!]
Flag
Again no storyline for DJ? He hasn't really been on the show at all. I hope he gets something better and moves to another show. The actor playing DJ (not sure about his name) was brilliant in "the killing".
Flag
LOL @ Juan's plan. I understand he could have maybe gotten some incriminating testimony in that getup, but he HAD to know that shit could turn out extremely poorly for him. Such a stupid plan.

For a second there, I thought maybe Juan and Cortes were BOTH Jangles. Like, they somehow had a relationship with each other that caused them both to take on this persona. Two Jangles would be awesome -- even if one were critically wounded, the other would continue the work the next day and people would be all like: "I thought you was almost dead, yo!" But alas, no, I then saw him recording his plan and I believe it. I think I and a couple others in a previous episode mentioned that Jangles' half-face had looked like Juan... I think the show did that on purpose (had Juan play Jangles the first time) to make this episode that much more twisty.
Flag
Wow. In one fell swoop, the writers have managed to alter my opinion of Paige from feeling generally indifferent towards her to now downright detesting her. Paige's reaction to Mike revealing his true reason for being sent to Graceland was utter bullshit (and I generally don't use curse words, for the record). In the last episode, the writers had Paige act as a buffer to Mike and his inexperienced behavior in wanting to merge his two lifestyles; then, she even tells him (in this very episode) that having secrets while residing in Graceland isn't even a bad thing.

It's like the writers couldn't be bothered using DJ or one of the other, non-Briggs roommates to hear Mike's secret, so they literally turn Paige's previous sympathetic and understanding persona on its head for whatever reason. The only justification I could envision for that scene was the writers wanting to build-up a Mike/Paige romance subplot, but I hope to Jesus I'm wrong because that would be a nightmare. Mike doesn't really need a love-interest, but if it's a must in the eyes of the writers, then leave him with Abby.

I figured a while back that the show wouldn't ultimately turn Briggs into some conflicted, anti-hero/-villain type of character a la Dexter Morgan, because this is still USA network and despite the claims of Graceland being a grittier series comparative to the norm of USA's atypical programming, the executives/higher-ups at the network would probably want to keep things rosier than dark. I could be wrong, but based upon the latest developments, I'd say it's heading in that direction with Briggs eventually becoming more redeemable as a character.

Charlie is still lovable as ever, but I worry that she could end-up being killed-off in the season finale. Now, I don't know whether that kind of risk would be taken so early into the series' run, but Charlie did have that "I know what you're really up to" look in her eye when she formed the "partnership" with Cortes at the diner. That's usually an enormous indicator of a character's forthcoming doom, because he/she possesses too much information pertaining to the villain while not being permitted to divulge that very knowledge, all the while not being further valuable to the viewers (as we already know "Jangles" is a combination of Cortes and Juan), and thus, the character has begun/is beginning to outlive his or her usefulness. I just hope I'm wrong on that, too.

Notes:

---They could have used DJ for the hospital-bed scene with Mike. I mean, DJ was the guy who advised Mike to forgo Paige's warnings about having an "outside life," so he could have either connected with Mike on a personal level or felt "betrayed."

---Mike is so by-the-book and goody-goody that I bet that thought's never crossed his mind.

---I actually enjoyed Mike destroying the picture frame because it was an emotional scene and one that served the purpose of illustrating such a confused and mentally-wounded individual. Paige's use of "dramatic" was LOL, though.

---I'm going to go bold since a few others are taking the "scorned-lover w/ dead girlfriend" route. I don't think Briggs spilled the beans about "The Estate" while he was undercover (or otherwise) because that seems a bit out-of-character so far as the "Briggs is a legendary agent" mantra is concerned. No, I think Briggs did accidentally set The Estate ablaze while he was high, and has blamed himself for it, ever since. Of course, Jangles initially turned Briggs into a heroin addict, so all of Briggs' bottled-up wrath, anguish and guilt were targeted specifically towards Jangles.

---I think Juan is dead (it appeared that Briggs shot him in the neck/face), and the whole Jangles investigation will be conveniently swept under the rug by the FBI with Briggs either going down for it, or being vindicated. Regardless of which scenario occurs, the real Jangles will still be out there and likely undetected as everyone (except for maybe Charlie) will assume the real "Jangles" was caught.
More+
Flag
It's a long shot, but I think Paige already knew about Mike's investigation. That explains here telling him some secrets are god to keep and her reaction should deter him from mentioning his investigation to anyone else in the house
Flag
I hate Paige's reaction.. One moment she was all "I'm here for you" and second later "you're a rat?" really !??
Flag
Great review. You mimic my own thoughts on this show. It has been a slow start. But I find that I really like this show.

Briggs clearly needs some help. But the thing is. I don't see why he hasn't. Granted he has trust issues from the past. But I think that he could trust his team to back him. I mean his idea of becoming Odin is a good idea, it will and has brought out the baddies. But doing it without backup was kind of silly. And sure the FBI wouldn't have gone for it because they aren't in the business of selling actual heroin to drug dealers. But I think his team would have seen the genius in his plan and backed him up. At least a couple of them anyway.

Paige, I think is into Mike. She has dropped some lines that are rather subtle hints at that. I think she was taken aback my Mikes admission. The reason she was, is because cops don't like other cops that investigate them. It is a widely used scenario in many a cop movie and show. But it is real. Cops feel there job is difficult. Being undercover all the time is 20x that. Being faced with the knowledge that a guy that you are kind of in to and trust is there because he is investigating Briggs was probably a lot to take in. Plus, likely she just heard investigate. And that would likely make her nervous.

Notes.

DJ seems like he just comes and goes. Plus they have the character going through a crisis of conscience. So it kind of makes sense.

Yea Mike for all supposed top notch he is, is rather naive.

The federale is Jangles. I believe we saw the bullet hole when he was talking to charlie. The bad thing is, if Charlie hadn't gone into the motel, briggs would have had him. Though Juan would have been so much better as jangles.

Jangles is not dead. Juan might be dead. I would think he would have at least worn a vest in his ill conceived idea of confronting a mentally fragile and trained to kill FBI agent as the man who did this all to him. Because that was just stupid. However if he is dead then he kind of deserved it.

More+
Flag
Yeah, pretty sure Juan is not Jangles. He was just posing as Jangles to see if Briggs would confess. Which was a pretty dumb move, IMO.

I'm assuming Jangles is the Fed working with Charlie, as they showed that shot of his shoulder where he was bleeding. Unless that was supposed to be a red herring, or something.

Anyhow, I don't think Briggs is a bad guy - I think his story about being held captive and getting hooked on heroin is true. I do think he someone unintentionally contributed to the deaths of his housemates; that's why he tried to call them before the fire. But I don't think he wanted or meant for them to die. I mean, Briggs is unintentionally putting all his current housemates in a lot of danger, so I could see him making a wrong call with the old housemates and accidentally getting them all killed.

Honestly, I was kind of annoyed with the way Paige reacted. She kept demanding to know the truth from him - I guess I was surprised she was so shocked. I mean, when he keeps saying he can't be himself in the house, what did she think he was talking about? It was obviously something really serious. I guess as an initial reaction, I could see her being that upset, but I kind of hope she gets over it really quickly. I was almost wondering if she'd had some kind of bad experience with someone snitching in the past, because her reaction just seemed a little out of nowhere, to me.
More+
Flag
this show is getting stupid, or just doing the same old cliches

yes i'll pose as a guys nemesis when he's drunk out his mind and expect it to go down with out a hitch..
Flag
Tell me if I’m wrong, but does anyone else think Mike telling Paige the real reason why he’s at Graceland a really, really, extremely bad idea? I can see why he did it, I mean the guy is starting to unravel mentally with all the stuff he’s had to deal with since he got there and he needs someone to trust with all the information he’s had to keep to himself for months (and the whole getting stabbed thing can give someone a whole new perspective on their life and their choices, i can only imagine) but I can’t be the only one who thinks it wasn’t the time or place to confess such a secret. Idk I just think this like his relationship with Abby is going to blow up in his face big time but with an even harsher consequence…
Flag
The way I understood the episode was that Cortes was Jangles. Juan heard that Briggs couldn't ID Jangles, so pretended to be Jangles in order to get Briggs to confess to starting the fire.
Flag
That's what I got, I went back and watched the last few minutes over, as I was confused at first. Then, I saw the close-up on Cortes' jacket with a bullet-hole. Juan was just replaying the Briggs admission that he'd only ever seen him with a bandana and keys jingling, so that was an easy cover for him.
Flag
Yup, I was right. Briggs is doing all this for a woman. Jangles killed her so now Briggs is on this crazy one man mission to destroy the Cartel and kill Jangles. They did seem to fill in a lot of pieces this episode which is nice. Though I think they were a bit too liberal... SEE THIS GUY HE"S JANGLES!!! And in case you did not figure it out from the suit and gun LOOK BULLET HOLE FROM WHEN MIKE SHOT HIM!!! Granted when he was introduced I was pretty sure he was Jangles anywho, but they could have left us in the dark about it a bit longer I think. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Jangles was one of the people from the Estate. I pretty much suspect it was Briggs' TO.

I actually think Paige is pretty fleshed out. She is incredibly loyal. The real question is if she is badge first or house first. There have been several great scenes where Paige goes from bubbly happy go lucky fun time girl to serious DEA because that's her job. It also feels like the writers want to push a Mike + Paige story which is too bad because I really liked Abby. In a show about lying it was interesting to see how the lies are different between the agents in the house, for a cover and aim at civs looking in.

Good to know Juan was pretty much just crazy. Getting all artsy critic the parallels between Juan and Briggs are interesting. They are both after who they think are responsible for the Estate and it really seems like they are both willing to burn everything to get their "justice" ... So the question is will this show end with Mike shooting Briggs like Briggs shooting Juan.
More+
Flag
I guess I have to watch it again cause I didn't understand anything.
Flag
So I went from going I knew it! When Juan put on the mask (when all episode he was seeming like just as revenge filled as Briggs) and then to who is this new guy who better not screw with Charlie. Weirdly I am now thinking both Briggs and Juan were honest with Mike about their motives and poor Mike is the only one still lying. I wonder what Paige's reaction after sleeping on it will be because I think she will realize the big thing that Mike just graduated so there is something more to this but she is the only DEA agent so the rest and Jakes won't share with her.
Flag
I'm guessing that while Briggs was totally high on drugs he told Jangles about the first House. As soon as he got out and sober he remembered what he had done, called the house and then his girlfriend to warn them but it was already too late. And being a sadistic psychopath Jangles let him live so he'd feel guilty for the rest of his life.
Also it was kinda obvious that the Federale was the real Jangles, even without the gunshot wound. Whatevs.
And about Juan/the "undercover approach": I don't think he wanted to frame Briggs. He just wanted to confront him to hear the truth, and since Mike told him that he was done with the investigation this was the only way for him to do it. In his dispair to find someone to blame (apparently he hasn't reached the last stage of grief, accaptance, just yet) Juan played dress-up and got himself shot (at). These agents are all totally messed up! xD
Flag
The federale was even wearing the same god-damned suit! I mean come on people, it's blindingly obvious. I'm just worried about Charlie and her burgeoning close-ness to Jangles, I mean no one, NO ONE want to see Charlie in the hands of Jangles........but maybe we'd allow it because face it, how intense would that be?!
Flag
Poor stupid Juan. He should've known that posing as Jangles was a bad move. Even if he believed that Briggs was in cahoots with the Casa hitman, he still should have considered the possibility that Briggs's story was true and that he might just shoot Jangles's face off on site, as he was, supposedly, the man who tortured him and killed his girlfriend and all his friends. And then he finds Briggs, almost too drunk to stand let alone see straight, and he still manages to get himself killed. Like I said, poor stupid Juan.
My theory right now is as follows: Briggs's story about being tortured and addicted to drugs by Jangles was true. While on high on drugs - or while starved for them - Briggs spilled the beans about The Estate. Then he tried to call the house and warn the people in it but was too late, and Jangles burned them all. Then he created Odin to lure Jangels out into the open. So, even if his methods are rather extreme, Briggs is ultimately a good guy in my book.
Flag
Superb episode :) On the one hand I love how quickly the plot is moving along, on the other I'm concerned that the writers are blowing all their big moves in the first season... Jangles is Charlies new friend??
Flag
Jangles is the Federali. There is clearly blood leaking through is jacket where Brigs shot him when he was at the diner with Charlie. Also the FBI guy clearly had a different build and handkerchief to cover his face. And whats with agents that get people to rat for a living getting mad when their coworkers also rat. Isn't that part of the business. Shouldnt they be like Ive done nothing wrong so there isnt anything for you to rat about and if someone does then please lets do an elaberate sting on them like we do every episode.
Flag
MaryAnn didn't you see who Jangles is ???
it's the federali agent that Charlie met
how did you miss that ?
Flag
I still think Paige's reaction was fucked up... She wanted to know the truth about Mike and when he does she fckn bails. I thought she woulda been like understandable a little and hear Mike out about what he knows...than freak out a bit but fuck she just left em hangn out alone.

And totally agree with the fact that if charlie was there and he told her it woulda been 100x better for Mike, she woulda heard him out for sure.

Flag
I assumed Juan was Jangles a while back after the flashback episode, but now I don't think he is, it was revealed too quickly and then he died? yeah right. I think he was just pretending to be Jangles to screw with Briggs to try and set him up for something. plus his eyes didn't match up right as much as I thought they did previously from the flashback. I think it's the Mexican cop guy now, who just happened to show up at the right time... but that could be a red herring.
Flag
DJ was missing. DJ is Jangles. Make-up. Lifts. Wig. It's complicated.
Flag
I think Abby is Jangles.
Flag
Like Vamps and apollopriestess, I think that the Mexican Federales is Jangles. Last week, I was thinking that Jangles was Paul's old training officer. I still kind of think so... it's possible he had faked his own death.) But then again, maybe it's not Paul's training officer which would be too obvious.
Flag
Did none of you noticed the blood stained coat on the mexican federale ???
Besides, the dude that was torturing Bello had curly black hair. Juan has hair that are not-curly and not-black. Juan actually tried to imitate Jangles in order to get Briggs to confess about his role in the burning down of Graceland prototype. Too bad that storyline ended too quickly with Briggs the 6'2 agent busting a cap in Juan's scrawny li'l ass.
On a sidenote, for someone who graduated top of his class in Quantico (as TV FBI agents often are wont to), Mike sure gets his ass kicked a lot in the field.
Flag
OMG!
Flag
The Mexican Federales is Jangles, not Juan. Juan had to leave anyway he is in GOT S4...but Briggs killed a fed! I
Flag
I absolutely believe, it is the Mexican guy, why else introduce him . Plus he looks dirty, and the actual scene we saw with Jangles the guy, looked and sounded like him.

Juan is just depressed and was hoping going under cover as Jangles would allow him to find out if briggs burned the house down. Also he was probably going to kill Briggs, so Briggs really had no choice.
Flag
OR (Because I love Batman-esque villain plot twists) there are multiple Jangles and they all just wear the same mask and keys as a method of making it seem like it is all one guy. That would explain how he seemed to take out a ton of people during the safehouse raid. They both kill the minions and then one leaves while the other goes in for the big kill. I know this isn't the case, but that would be awesome.
Flag
Plus, I think the Federales was wearing the same suit of when he met Charlie.
Flag
All are correct. When the federale was at the diner with Chuck, and they panned behind him, he has a blood stain starting to show through. At least, that's what it looked like. This confirmed my suspicions.
Flag
Exactly. why are people still wondering who Jangles is ???
it's the federale agent that Charlie met
Flag
Follow this Show
Members