Graceland Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on USABetween Seasons

Graceland - Frirst Take (7 out of 10)

KiowaWoolley

[1]May 10, 2013
    • level: 4

Mediocre. Its different than the usual USA quircky character dramedy, but it looks like it could also improve. I found some bits silly and cliche (seriously, the undercover guy was writing down notes in a notebook?wtf?) but there was some webs of storyline that could at least become entertaining to make this a summer-watch and help time go by. And who knows, maybe it will get better.

Currrently, I'd rate the pilot a 7.0. I thought about bumping it up to a 7.5 at least with so many great new concepts, shows and just good television these days, it wouldnt of been fair. Its about as far away from Rectify as you can get, and nowhere near the chaos of Banshee or grit of a show like Southland which just did some of its finest work. Graceland needs to step it up with this competition. Im not even sure it would draw the average USA viewers, it doesnt have the fun of Psych or Burn Notice and unless im wrong will result to formula quite fast.

To sum it up, Id rather watch Golden Boy. And also, I think the name Graceland is the best thing about the show. Too bad it has nothing to do with the rise of an early Elvis.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

poulters

[2]Jun 9, 2013
    • level: 18
    Right now I put it at 5 out of 10, maybe lower, so am I to understand FBI agents graduate get placed in a secret place "graceland" where you get to have fun, drink, surf and somewhere in there actually work.
    Took almost 30 minutes to get to the actual "cop moment" which lasted a whole 10 minutes the remiainder is mix of commercials and more partying.

CappinHoff

[3]Sep 13, 2013
    • level: 5

poulters wrote:
    Right now I put it at 5 out of 10, maybe lower, so am I to understand FBI agents graduate get placed in a secret place "graceland" where you get to have fun, drink, surf and somewhere in there actually work. Took almost 30 minutes to get to the actual "cop moment" which lasted a whole 10 minutes the remiainder is mix of commercials and more partying.

Not really how it goes. "Mike" was the only one to be put in right after graduating. The others were put in due to being good or the best in their respective departments.

saizen33

[4]Sep 14, 2013
    • level: 7

I really enjoyed this show. Now that Burn Notice is over CryI'll be watching this next year, too.