Graceland

Pilot

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jun 06, 2013 on USA

7.8
  • Amazing!

Considering I missed the first 15 minutes of it, I was still in love with the Pilot episode. In my opinion, it was so much different than all other detective/cop/undercover shows out there. Definitely looking forward to the next episode! :)
  • Looks good, enjoyable to watch, looking forward to more...

It's hard to review the show overall, after having seen only the first episode, but I definitely want to see more. The premise has a lot to offer, the characters are likeable and I'm a sucker for undercover cop shows. I hope this show goes upwards and onwards, and sticks around... so far an 8.5.
  • Graceland.

I actually like this show alot, for a pilot episode it has great potential & i will be watching this show. This first episode really made me want to see more, i dont have "Common Law" anymore & this is a great replacement. Interested to get to know the characters in this show & already there is a back storyline with Briggs, i want to see how that plays out. All in all its worth a 8:5. Thumbs Up USA Network.
  • Meh...

Mediocre. Its different than the usual USA quircky character dramedy, but it looks like it could also improve. I found some bits silly and cliche (seriously, the undercover guy was writing down notes in a notebook?wtf?) but there was some webs of storyline that could at least become entertaining to make this a summer-watch and help time go by. And who knows, maybe it will get better.

Currrently, I'd rate the pilot a 7.0. I thought about bumping it up to a 7.5 at least with so many great new concepts, shows and just good television these days, it wouldnt of been fair. Its about as far away from Rectify as you can get, and nowhere near the chaos of Banshee or grit of a show like Southland which just did some of its finest work. Graceland needs to step it up with this competition. Im not even sure it would draw the average USA viewers, it doesnt have the fun of Psych or Burn Notice and unless im wrong will result to formula quite fast.

To sum it up, Id rather watch Golden Boy. And also, I think the name Graceland is the best thing about the show. Too bad it has nothing to do with the rise of an early Elvis.