A Gracepoint Community
FOX (ended 2014)

The weather is getting warmer and the days are getting longer, which means the 2013-2014 TV season is officially winding down. We've already said goodbye to the shows who've graduated and moved on (Breaking Bad, NikitaBeing HumanWarehouse 13), and made peace with the absence of those who've relocated to Cancellation, USA (Trophy WifeCommunityThe Carrie Diaries). Meanwhile, most of our favorites are setting out on extended summer vacations, whether to rest up (ArrowOnce Upon a Time), mourn the loss of beloved characters (The Good Wife—no, we're still not over it), or attend camp/rehab to fix their issues (Revenge). And that means now is the perfect time to get to know the 2014-2015 class of incoming freshman! 

The broadcast networks' upcoming series hail from all over the genre map; the dorms are full of romantic comedies, murder mysteries, political dramas, comic-book heroes, fairy-tales, and even a new Shondaland heir. Plus, there's also a good-looking foreign student named Gracepoint, and some familiar faces are set to continue—or try their hand at—TV course work: Debra Messing and Katherine Heigl are both headlining new shows, as are Terrence Howard and Ryan Phillippe.

Point is, there are new friends here for all of us, so welcome to orientation! Let's meet 2014-2015 freshman class!

UPDATE: One of the shows in the gallery, Fox's Hieroglyph, has already been canceled.

TV.com's 2014 Fall Preview:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/11/2014

Season 1 : Episode 10

120 Comments
Comments (120)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
They didn't mention the huge losses of Sons of Anarchy, True Blood.,.The Witches of East End.My top 3 losses especially Sons Never be another like it. Almost Human, The Tomorrow People
The only shows returning I will watch Game of Thrones HBO
True Dectective this time it's Colin Farell, and Vince Vaughn. Hannibal, Bitten, The new shows I will give a shot to is The Messangers , The Whispers and Wayward Pines( I think it is lining up to bring Twin Peaks back in some way)
Flag
We need a GOOD UFO storyline although The After by Chris Carter creator of X-Files looks interesting, its going to be on Amazom not network TV.
Flag
Is there ever going to be a political drama NOT centered around the democratic party? Haven't we had enough with West Wing and House of Cards to name a few? It gets old after a while. And, why is it that a good show does come on and after a few episodes it's cancelled? They've got to give it more than two weeks to see if it's a hit.
Flag
CSI and NCIS spin off spin offs because I'm kind of silly. Gracepoint trusting the short run tv thing made so popular by premium cable and Gotham because of Batman of course. A few others have good concepts but I've seen them so many times before and then there's the not another comic book show again feeling.
Flag
Is it just me, or do a lot of these new shows look pretty ho-hum?
Flag
No, they don't look ho-hum, they look like absolute crap! I mean normally you have some shows where you think OK this looks kind of weird or silly or whatever, but maybe,...I'll give it a shot. But these...like easily over 50% of those I flat out don't even want to waste my time watching one episode. You can just tell they are stinkers. A quick tally shows only 14 of the 45 I'm even remotely interesting in watching one episode, and half of those only if I'm drunk.
Flag
and add in the changes being made to some of the returning shows and the networks are going to see an even larger loss of viewership this year.
Flag
so crap, that im not even commenting on this line up, im only writing this comment to show you that im not commenting, im only commenting on this comment
Flag
Wow these all seem terrible, I'd bet 80% of them don't see a season 2
Flag
I'll go you one better than that. I'll bet 80% of these shows don't see episode 6!
Flag
Worst set of new shows I can remember. Only two have some appeal for me, Backstrom and Wayward Pines. Absolute....garbage.
Flag
Most of these shows have the premise of a movie not of a long lasting show. I'm so disappointed. There are a few that I'll probably check out but it seems like TV just keeps getting worse and worse every year.
Flag
Fox is so hillarious. one really innovative show and they cancel it before it even airs.
quite amusing and sad at the same time...
Flag
I don't see what's so "innovative" about it. Just looks like they were trying to do Rome or Camelot with different costumes. Hilarious though, yes.
Flag
Wow, what a weak lineup, almost all of these shows look terrible. There's only like 4-6 of them that even look remotely interesting and chances are at least 75% of those won't make it past the first year anyway. *sigh* Depressing times.
Flag
I tend to not watch new shows until they've had at least a season or two to air because I don't like getting into something that gets cancelled before the series can play out (the last time I made that mistake was watching Missing during it's run). That being said, I like the idea of the straight forward one shots, so I'll probably give both of those a go since I know that resolution will come no matter what (also, Juliette Lewis = Awesomeness!). I also really like Maggie Q so I'll try to tune into that one; same with the Dean Winters one and the Patricia Arquette one but I'm fairly certain that all three of those shows will be cancelled pretty quickly.

Other than that, these shows look like a pile of poo.
Flag
"The weather is getting warmer and the days are getting longer... " Sorry, the days are getting shorter. Check the calendar, pal.
Flag
"The weather is getting warmer and the days are getting longer, which means the 2013-2014 TV season is officially winding down"

they did... now you read the dates !!!
Flag
The season "is winding down", which means it has not wound down yet. And the days have been getting shorter since June 21.
Flag
It WAS published in May. Scroll down to the earliest comments, which were made on May 21st. Just because you didn't see this article until recently and because TV.com keeps it on the front page doesn't mean it was published recently.
Flag
This article was written on May 21st, lol. What, do you think they go back and retrospectively edit their articles as the dates change? Nobody has that kind of time.
Flag
Written in May, and published in the end of July? OK, acceptable providing it is editted accordingly. Otherwise it is just bad journalism, or simply put sheer laziness and no respect to readers. I do not find it funny. If they don't have the time to edit, let them look for another kind of job. Tending to turtles, for example.
Flag
Don't get cozy with anything on ABC they have been canceling shows left and right.
Flag
or NBC, or Fox or CW
Flag
Gotham looks like a disappointment waiting to happen which would mean Fox will keep it on the air for the next ten years.
Flag
Nooooooo! Trophy Wife got cancelled? Why oh why? I loved that show so much! But about 43 seasons of CSI NY. Seriously?
Flag
Wow. An impressively abysmal showing throughout. Sigh.
Flag
Agent Carter ABC
Gotham Fox
The Flash CW
CSI Cyber CBS
Stalker CBS
so far are the only ones that I will give a try
Flag
CSI cyber crime,Ncis New Orleans,Gotham,Scorpion,Stalker,Empire. Constantine, Forever,The Flash ,Allegiance, Wayward pines, matador.These are the ones I'm looking forward too.
Flag
Allegiance (NBC), Constantine (NBC)
Marvel's Agent Carter (ABC), Forever (ABC) ,Gotham (Fox), The Flash (The CW)
CSI: Cyber (CBS), Scorpion (CBS), The Messengers (The CW), The Odd Couple (CBS)

I've listed what I hope will be good and survive.

The Odd Couple is a classic.. It doesn't really need a remake, but, Matthew Perry might be able to sell me some new form of Oscar..
Flag
i bet most of them are getting cancelled
Flag
Good bet.
Flag
Snooze. Haven't had much hope for last fall premieres (Reign and Masters of sex are the ones I'll tune in for season two), and this one looks even bleaker.

I miss shows geared towards women, like SATC, Gossip Girl, Desperate Housewives.... Or any teen show that aren't about supernatural creatures (like One tree hill, the high school years).

Let's hope at least a comedy, or two, will be a keeper.
Flag
TV.Com:
In case you missed it: Hieroglyph has already been cancelled. The photo you have on the main page displaying new shows for next year is for the 1 show that is already cancelled for next season.
Flag
Agent Carter, CSI Cyber, American Crime, Empire, Forever, Gotham (if fox decides to leave the producers alone), Odyssey, and NCIS New Orleans all look decent. Hopefully they pan out.
Flag
these are all getting cancelled
Flag
Wow. "Jane the Virgin", really?? "Selfie"?? "Black-ish"??... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that at least 80% of these will be canned...most of them after the pilot airs. (I'm looking at you, "Jane the Virgin"!)

Regardless, The Flash looks pretty cool. And I might check out iZombie, and Red Band Society...if only I could find an actual air date for them. Will have to do a bit of research, I guess. Half the reason I never follow through with new shows is that I don't know when they're airing. If I can't easily figure out what time they're on, I don't bother writing it down, so I don't set the DVR, so I never get around to actually watching anything new. Which is a bit of a bummer, because I'm ready to discover a good, new show! :)
Flag
Jane the Virgin in particular looks like absolute crap. How do you "accidentally" knock a girl up VIA IN VITRO FERTILIZATION??? The concept revolves around someone so incompetent in their job they make Barney Fife look like Detective Briscoe from Law & Order!
Flag
Rohypnol and rape.
Flag
Manhattan Love Story is the worst thing I've seen since...Mixology, unfortunately. ABC, when are you going to learn that these high concept, overwrought rom-coms aren't funny or interesting. They're crude, boring, and all around dreadful.
Flag
Probably I'm gonna watch all the comedies that the stars from Happy Endings will play, even though they will be canceled. I wish they renewed Trophy Wife, it was really, really funny. Oh, at least I have The Goldbergs.
Flag
Won't be watching any of the new shows. They will probably be cancelled after one or two episodes anyway so why bother?
Flag
I hate the viewer type presentations where you have to go to a new screen for every entry. I understand it is to get the most 'hits' possible on a website (playing the ratings game) but I don't even bother looking at most of them anymore.
Much prefer a page that you can scroll down to see all the entries.
I'll look elsewhere for new show info...

Flag
yeah ... as soon as that "gallery" thing loaded I left. just give us a list we can scroll
Flag
Wow... what a colossal shit heap
Flag
The season sounds pretty lacklustre. As a person who now watches more foreign tv than American, I appreciate the 10 eps. of Secrets and Lies. I thought after Harper's Island there would've been more short series like this. I wish Constantine was on another network. ABC will cancel out. It could be the best show they've ever had but if some religious group or Texas (R.I.P. GCB) complain, it's out. The Whispers has to be better than Flash Forward and somehow I doubt it will be.
Flag
Flash Forward was a good show! Way better than V. I'm still bummed that it was cancelled before the end came to a resolution.
Flag
You're not the only one. I hoped another network would pick it up, but nope.
Flag
Constantine's on NBC. Unfortunately, NBC has a track record of fantasy/sci-fi shows that look good in trailers and absolutely fail in execution (think The Cape, or even worse, The Event).
Flag
I stand corrected you're right aaaand you're right. NBC's fantasy/scifi shows do look better in trailers than they've ever been. I don't wanna think of The Cape. It makes me cringe.
Flag
What show is the cover photo for this article? A man dressed in golden colour pharaoh clothing?
Flag
Hieroglyph was canceled because Fox's president has apparently declared that they aren't picking up ANY pilots this season and instead is focusing on heavily promoting shows that are continuing such as Sleepy Hollow. Seems pretty stupid if you ask me. Hieroglyph probably would've failed anyway, but I had bet that Sleepy Hollow was gonna fail when I saw the trailer and BOY WAS I WRONG! If Hieroglyph could've just embraced the stupidity of its concept and not taken itself too seriously, I would've bet it would've at least made it to a full season.
Flag
Staff
Hieroglyph! One of Fox's new dramas.
Flag
Oh thanks!
Flag
Of course fox cancelled it before it was even done, was waiting to see how they screwed that one up. Fox always figures out a way to frack up sci-fi/fantasy for the most part with a few exceptions. Those exceptions are despite fox not because they are any good. They must do it on purpose because no one can be this predictable without trying.
Flag
They cancelled the show b4 it aired?! Why? Litterally, why not air it & see ?
Flag
So relieved, they could renew Trophy Wife and move it to after Modern Family cause we get Black-ish. It just sounds so wrong. And there other comedy is with Asian family? This is going to be painful feedback coming.

Gotham I'm feeling people want it, but it's going to be Agents of Shield feedback. After 2 episode complains about no batman and Fox isn't ABC/Disney. Though did enjoy Commission Gordon in the Chris Nolan movies and looking forward to it.
Flag
Constantine and Gotham look fairly promising. I'll give them the standard 4 episode chance. Forever, on the other hand....that sounds like a BLATANT retread of New Amsterdam. If ABC liked it so much, why didn't they pick it up when FOX cancelled it?
Flag
If Gracepoint is a shot-for-shot remake of Broadchurch, why not just show Broadchurch? Why rewrite an ending that is so powerful it still sticks with me? I won't be watching...

As far as the others ... I'm interested in almost none of them TBH. I much prefer cable dramas, and these "Limited Event" series are rediculous. Just call it a miniseries, and stick with 8-12 episodes and leave it. Under the Dome was terrible, but if they'd left it as a miniseries and followed the book, it probably would've been a hell of a lot better.
Flag
I'm most interested in Wayward Pines, The Leftovers, The Strain, Gracepoint, Gotham, The Flash, Constantine, Marvel's Agent Carter, The Last Ship, Legends, Last Man on Earth, Scorpion, Stalker, The Whispers, Extant and The Knick.
Flag
I have to say it: with the exception of maybe 3 most of these shows look incredibly stupid. Im also getting so sick and tired of all the different spins on crime drama.s enough of these shows aboout solving crimes or mysteries or whatever.
Flag
- In my opinion, Midseason looks better so far.
- I think that Mathew Perry is a curse, and every show he is in, will get cancelled.
- Why most of the (look good) comedies are midseason?
- I predict that more than half of the shows will not get a second season
- However, 2014/2015 looks better than 2013/2014 so far (that's not saying much)
Flag
Anyone else thoroughly underwhelmed?
Flag
Is it just me or are half those shows comic book type deals? UGHHHH!!!
The only two that have my complete attention are: NCIS: New Orleans and CSI: Cyber.
You can't go wrong with Scott Bakula & Patricia Arquette.
I might check out a few others, but most of these probably won't make it past 5 episodes.
- Constantine - Forever - Mysteries of Laura - Odyssey - Scorpion - Stalker
- The Messengers - The Whispers - Wayward Pines

Flag
"You can't go wrong with Scott Bakula"

Star Trek: Enterprise went pretty wrong...
Flag
ABC really needs to hire someone to help them come up with better titles for their shows.
Flag
Im probably going to like quite a lot of the new shows, especially Allegiance...and Bosch (please air again). I LOL:d reading about Jane the virgin. Hahahaha, so bad.
Flag
Bosch is on Amazon so what do you mean with "Air again"?
Flag
They aired the pilot which got green lighted and the rest will be avaliable in the fall.
Flag
Yes, I know. But as it is amazon, you can watch any episode that is available so no need to air the pilot again - it is there. Or do you mean that you want Bosch to return in the fall? The list above is only for the 5 broadcast channels - so online and cable shows will need to be added to that to get the full list :)

Flag
I can't believe there are people who can't figure the answer to a simple question. "Air again" means re show the pilot prior to the series airing. Several networks do that so viewers who've missed the pilot can get t feel for what the series will be about or decide whether to watch or not. And not everything is watchable on the internet for free. Who wants to pay a fee just to watch a pilot episode?
Flag
Wow, it's like the networks are shoving cultural divide and prejudice down our throats. What the hell is that all about??? Black-ish, Off the Boat, Cristella, Jane the Virgin. WTF!
What happened to making or watching a show based on a good story line? Making fun of, or singularly focusing on racial backgrounds is poor, lazy,classless writing.

The majority of these shows don't look very appealing.
Flag
&What; happened to making or watching a show based on a good story line?

Translation: if anyone on a show isn't white or the show isn't about a family of white people, then they're "shoving [multiculturalism] and prejudice(?) down our throats".

To quote David Gaider in a slightly different context....

...it has to do with privilege. You can write it off as “political correctness” if you wish, but the truth is that privilege always lies with the majority. They’re so used to being catered to that they see the lack of catering as an imbalance. They don’t see anything wrong with having things set up to suit them, what’s everyone’s fuss all about? That’s the way it should be, any everyone else should be used to not getting what they want.

Flag

alqaeda, So tired of the white privilege BS line. If privilege lies with the majority then those who don't pay taxes are fast approaching privilege status. Of course that is BS too.

Your "translation" of what the commenter said says more about you than them.
Personally I have no idea what those shows are about since they have not even aired and I refused to page thru the article.
Flag
Wrong.
And rudely presumptuous.

At what point did I say anything about being White? or Black, or Asian, or Latino, or anything else? I didn't. You missed my point completely.

I find shows that make fun of, or use race and culture as cheap comedy tasteless. One of those shows aforementioned is actually is about my culture, and I find it offensive. - How dare you say I am privileged. Regardless of what race I am.

What I said was I wished those shows could have an actual plot based on something deeper than making fun of others cultures. Like Doctor Who... it's about an alien who travels around time and space. The show Arrow is long story about redemption and becoming a hero. Game of Thrones... holy crap-what a crazy world they live in.

Do you understand what I saying? My point is, I don't give a damn what color of skin the actors are, or what their background is, I just want to watch a good show with a great story. I don't think making fun of anyone's culture is a good story nor funny. And considering the amount of shows coming out in the fall that are doing so, that's what made me angry and comment in the first place.
More +
Flag
Race is a huge issue in America, so it's a worthwhile story to tell.
Flag
Not when it's cheap comedy on stereotypes.
Flag
'Secrets and Lies' is actually a remake of an Australian Show, also called 'Secrets and Lies'. It remains a mystery to me why they have to do all these remakes of shows that already exist in an English language version (and probably with better actors and scripts than the American versions).
Flag

The first reason is just because it's English doesn't mean Americans can understand an Australian accent. Second, just because it's English doesn't mean Americans can tell the difference between a didgeridoo and a kangaroo. Third, just because it's in English doesn't mean Americans get the culture... an Americanized Australian program would need more guns and less venomous animals. Fourth, outside of America television shows have a five dollar budget and cardboard props. Fifth, well, no offense, but Hollywood is the entertainment capital of the world. That means it just does things better. Rewriting the scripts is often about adding extra awesomeness. For instance, with British shows: cut out all the scenes of old people sitting in their living room drinking tea (which are the entirety of some British shows) and adding more explosions. And underwear models-turned actors. We have an entire network for that, called the CW.

;-)
Flag
I guess you have not watch BBC shows in the past 10 years. They have production values every bit as good as US TV...which is made in Canada half the time.
Old people drinking tea? What are you watching? Sounds Ageist.
Flag
I can assure you that there are no heavy Australian accents, didgeridoos, kangaroos, venomous animals, cardboard props, bad actors, incompetent directors, boring scripts or old people drinking tea to be found in Secrets and Lies :-)
Flag
Secrets and Lies is a peculiar occurrence though since the Australian version hadn't even aired when ABC decided to produce their own version. It wasn't as if it was a really original and compelling concept that was met with universal praise that they wanted to try and copy and hope it shared similar success, in fact, as far as I know, it was a flop here.
Flag
The slap case in point. I will not be watching the american version Rake was bad too.
Flag
oh god I think this article already ruined 2015 for me. There are maybe 3 shows at best out of 46 that doesn´t sound like a total waste of time. What the hell is going on with the writers are they on strike again and some poor trainee from the mail office had to take over. I mean if you read some of these storylines there is no way this shows can survive more than 3 episodes on air and if they do I oficially throw my TV out of the window and never watch TV in my life.
Flag
Maybe the poor trainee in the mail room would do a better job. The Hollywood writing pool obviously needs new blood.
Flag
Making this deadpool list is like answering a multiple choice question where most of the answers are correct, but asking for the "most right" answer. Almost none of these look good or destined to succeed.
Flag
Deadpool??? Did some1 say DEADPOOL??!!?
Now THAT I would watch!!! ;-)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:30 pm
    Judge Judy
    NEW
    CBS
  • 9:00 pm
    What Would You Do?