Gravity Falls

Monday 9:30 PM on Disney XD Premiered Jun 15, 2012 In Season

sfskip

Gravity Falls Fan Reviews (120)

• WARNING, EVIL SHOW!

Guys, Don't watch this show. It's EVIL and has too MANY SATANIC MESSAGES and ILLUMINATI SYMBOLISMS! At the end of the theme song it has a hidden backwards voice that might scare kids.

Shows like this should NOT have people watching this bullshit.

The plot is so bad and bright colors!

WHO IS GIVING ME SO MANY THUMB DOWNS!?

EDIT: REALLY 22 THUMB DOWNS!????? WHAT THE FUCK!?
  • GREAT SHOW!

This is truly one of the best shows on Disney channel. When I first saw the premire, I thought it would be stupid. But it was amazing! The characters are amazing and you can relate to them. The jokes are good written and funny. Their animation is very good.

The plot is when twins Dipper and Mabel go to a town called gravity falls. They live in the Mystery Shack owned by Grunkle Stan. Dipper and Mabel discover that gravity falls has many secrets.

I have nothing bad to say about this except how long it takes to release episodes. They were releasing one every 2 months. Other than that, this show is perfect. I can't wait for season 2!!!!!!

UPDATE 9-18-14 Finally! Season 2 has finally came! It's not as good as Season 1 but still great!

Also @marti99, have you SEEN the viewers decoding those messages? There are millions of them doing it! Look it up!

• Good and Exellent

I love it more than marvin marvin
  • epic4e3f

epic54
  • Disney cartoons are back!

Amazing funny just uh I love it!
  • Can't believe it! I like a Disney show again

1 random ep (14) DISNEY
  • Nice Show

It really caught my attention with its surprises. Seasons 1 and 2 are both really great!
  • THE GREATEST SHOW EVER!!!!!

This show is absolutely amazing. The animation is stunning, the theme song is a work of art, the characters are hilarious and adorable, the humor is awesome (it's the only cartoon that makes me laugh), the writing is brilliant, the list goes on and on. This is my favorite show of all time. There is a perfect blend of humor, cuteness, and mystery that makes it the greatest series ever to air on Disney. I love all of the characters (especially Mabel, she is the definition of cuteness), and the relationship between her and her twin brother Dipper is something to be treasured. Really, this show is brilliant and great for both kids and adults. The creator definitely knows what he is doing. Plus he sprinkles in little codes and secrets throughout the show for the viewers to solve that sometimes foreshadow what could happen in the next few episodes. I can't think of any other show that involves its viewers that way. I don't think I could love this show more. I would recommend this to anyone. And to those who are accusing this show of being satanic or brainwashing kids in an offensive way, this is a DISNEY show. Do you really think kids will look at a triangle with an eye in it and become somehow involved in an evil cult? The so called "satanic" symbols are only seen in hidden places throughout the show, and those are only meant to foreshadow the antagonist Bill Cipher and his role that he plays in the show. And that character was based on the pyramid on the dollar bill, and serves no purpose other than to be someone who gets in the way of the main characters. And the secret messages and symbols included in there? A TON of viewers decode those. It's a way to get them involved in the show. They are only meant to hint at things that might come in episodes later on. Its the supernatural creatures and objects in the show that make it really awesome and unique. This show is amazing. I'm not brainwashed at all, and neither is anyone else who likes the show. The creator based this off his summers in a forest cabin with his own twin sister; he wanted to create something that incorporated all the supernatural things he dreamed of discovering. Is that satanic? No. Is this show satanic and brainwashing? No. This show is a masterpiece. Each episode is cleverly written with lovable characters and great humor and is reviewed by Disney before it airs. Don't let anyone tell you it's stupid or evil. It's cute, funny, suspenseful, mysterious, a wee bit creepy but still really sweet and fun, and most of all, brilliant. Gravity Falls is the greatest thing to ever happen to Disney, and to TV itself. Watch it!
  • Brainwashing...

People are wayyy too dumb to understand that this show isn't So if an illumanti symbol is on a dollar bill, it's bad. But if it's on a KID cartoon, it's totally fine? If it's subtle bad language, nudity, or something along that line on a kid show, it's bad. But if it's subtle SATANIC symbols and secret messages, it's fine? Yeah, that totally makes sense. ILLUMINATI is ILLUMINATI no matter what. People think that it's just a cartoon, and it's nothing. They're just cutesy wittle symbols that don't mean a thing, even though it's been known that it's a satanic and symbol. But for some reason, if you wear a shirt with that symbol to school, you'll get in trouble?Open your eyes, dummies. Do you people really want kids to be drawing illuminati symbols? I remember going to the mall, and some dude was wearing a shirt with the pyramid and the eye. There was a kid who was like, "Mommy, mommy, look! He's wearing a Gravity Falls shirt!" Kids are innocent, and these so-called "kid-friendly" animators are destroying them. Do they really think kids 11 and under would de-code messages that appear for like a second? Will they get programs to play secret messages backwards? What's the point of even doing something like this for kids if they don't understand what's going on? Oh yeah, because it's brainwash. I think it would've been a great cartoon if they didn't add these symbols creepy secret messages. I mean, good plot, characters, animation, humor? Awesome. Also, it's cool to see Disney branching out to different genres. I think a mystery show for kids was a great idea. But satanic symbols and secret messages? Not so much.
  • WORST SHOW EVER

HORRIBLE! This show features too many Illuminati scenes, which is bad for kids. There are too many intense scenes for kids. Some stuff featured in the show does not go according to plan. I give this show a total thumbs down
  • Gravity Falls is Back!

As an adult of a certain age, I should absolutely not love Gravity Falls, but it's because of all the symbolism, the clever humour and the great jokes that has made it one of my all-time favourite shows.

But what's better, the absolute icing on the cake - is reading all the comments about how the show is "evil" and "Satanic" this is just the funniest thing ever!

My advice: don't watch the show or any television if you are too stupid to work out the difference between innocuous cartoons and actually dangerous (AKA Reality) television.

Now, back to the Gravity Falls is Evil rants!
  • Clever and smart

Amazingly well-crafted. Season 1 was a complete masterpiece. Season 2 is very good so far.
  • Graphic & Unnecessary Violence

My brother is a 15-year old and I am a 12-year old girl who loves Gravity Falls. It is our favorite show. We waited over a year waiting for GF to return with new TV shows, but the 2nd episode that aired this past Monday was so different from what we were used to. Why did Mr. Hirsch decide to go in this direction to make this show so violent. The scene about the cutting open the stomach and whatever came out was horrific to watch and the scene where he ends up on a girl's bra was bad. And the violence was so different from we had seen before when we laughed all the way through the episodes. The Monday show made us look at GF not as the favorite show we've missed so much for over a year to a show we may not watch anymore for all of the reasons I've talked about. Please don't go down this road. We love Gravity Falls. We especially love Dipper, who has always been so lovable. We want to see more of the GF we couldn't wait to see every week, not something like Twilight or some other scary show. I actually had nightmares over that episode. Thank you for listening.
  • Great show+good story+the super natural

I love the show, I think it's great. nice characters and animation!!! Reaaaaaaally good whooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gravity Falls is a whitty, clever plotted animated masterpeice!

Gravity Falls is an adventure mystery animated Television Show. The show was created by Alex Hirsch and with an ensemble voice cast and some talented writers and animators he has created one of the best Animated Television Shows ever made. It combines an ongoing and cleverly planned mystery that links the towns mysteries and monsters together with single episodes that are a joy to watch; involving emotional turmoil, monsters and mysteries. There are secret messages and it is very reminiscent of Twin Peaks and other fantastic Television Shows.

This could very easily be the best Animated Television Show ever made...
  • Love This Show

This show is actually one of my favorite cartoon shows ever. It has real Humor unlike some cartoons. It has mysteries which we barley have now and days. And I enjoy solving mysteries every episode it's just amazing. Although this show can be dark it has a lot of funny moments and the characters are good! Can't wait for season 2!
  • A Must-See Show!

This show really stands out from the Disney Cartoons I've seen in years. Phineas and Ferb, step back there's a new show in town called Gravity Falls.
  • Stupid

This show is stupid. The characters are ugly and no fart jokes. Also people prefer this over Uncle Grandpa, get real.
  • Amazing!

Gravity Falls is one of my favorite shows and Disney XD. It has humor, its interesting, It has good animations, and a touch of romance. Its a great show but it can be pretty creepy at times. But in all its awesome.
  • good show.

i like it mabel is just like me.
  • Dont listen to l-want-milk

This show has nothing to do with Illuminati look it up your info before u type...
  • Pretty good for the most part, but it's better suited for Cartoon Network than Disney Channel.

Believe it or not, I actually like Gravity Falls. It reminds me a bit of the old Cartoon Network original series, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Speaking of Cartoon Network, I really think this show is better suited for that network rather than Disney Channel. I don't know why, but when people think of Disney, they think of fairy tales, Pixar, Mickey Mouse, and of course those great Disney theme parks; not a show like Gravity Falls, which is more suited for CN due to its edge, but that's just me. Overall, it's a great show, and it's one of my top picks on TV today.
  • Epical.

Just epic, man. Nothing but good things to say about this one. It fits the BILL, man. There are so many epic codes to figure out and deCIPHER. It IS just the best thing I have ever seen for kids, and is totally worth WATCHING.
  • The only good thing on Disney Channel.

I like this. :)
  • A Disney Channel Cartoon made in the 2010s that's GOOD!

This is definitely a show worth watching, and it seems that Disney Channel is getting out of it's bad cartoon/ teeny bopper slump just like Cartoon Network. I'm not rating it a 10 as of now because I know for sure that it will have a dud at some point. But over all the show is good and one dud in the future will not take away from the overall quality. Take note I don't judge tv shows by just one episode alone, Powerpuff girls can't be judged by Town and Out, Foster's can't be judged by Everyone knows it's Bendy, Hey Arnold can't be judged by Arnold Betrays Iggy, etc. Still, this show is well thought out, well animated and proves that Disney Channel still has something that Nickelodeon doesn't seem to have these days, WRITERS. In fact, this may be one of the shows that can help the network stay afloat and help improve the network. But my favorite part about this show, the characters, they're likable, relatable, and they always want to suck you in to having a good time in gravity falls. Plus, the pine twin's guides, excellent segments.
  • Remember when Disney Channel sucked?

That brief period of time where there were nothing but shitty live-action teen comedies to get ratings? Well, Gravity Falls definitely brought them out of their doldrums. It's definitely my favorite cartoon currently airing and seems to have that same effect on most others, so let's keep it up Disney. You've already canned . Farm and Shake It Up, now lets get some more great cartoons and I might one day have the courage to say you're the best Network currently airing. That title belongs to CN btw.
  • Great!

The best show on Disney Channel.
  • It's Like Harry Potter Meets Summer Vacation

This is basically the only show I watch on Disney Channel. It has a blend of humor, horror, sci-fi, romance, mystery, and fantasy rolled into one show.

Like Harry Potter, it has a fantasy setting in a real world environment. It has gnomes, zombies, ghosts, and merpeople in the show, making it all the more fascinating.

• I don't see what's so great about it...

Honestly, there's nothing good about it. I've fallen asleep many times watching it. I mean, it's just kind of rude if you ask me, they make fun of one of the characters weight, Mabel makes fun of the way Dipper sneezes, it's just not funny. And don't even get me started on the apparent romance in the show. The characters are how old? 12! Would you want your child dating at 12? I don't think so. Disney's shows always have some type of romance in them, but at least the characters are normally old enough to date. Even Shake It Up is comparable to this crap. Whereas the mom was at least telling CeCe (who was 16) that she was too young to date. This show is honestly garbage. There's maybe an occasional positive message to it, and that's it.

And also, I've noticed that Mabel is a stereotypical preteen which kind of annoys me... When I was that age, I at least had the knowledge to not make fun of other peoples voices...
  • The only show on Disney Channel that is worth watching right now

It's refreshing to see an original DC show that isn't some teen sitcom about a teen celebrity or progeny. This show has themes and characteristics that Disney Channel has had for a while; mystery, suspense, fantasy, actual good humor, decent plots, and characters with some depth. There's some magic, myth, alternate history, and some wonder although some of the characters do have annoying moments and other minor faults but still it's by far better than what DC has been airing and making lately. My main problem is the twins specifically Mabel is dating/attempting to date. 12 is too young unless you are in a culture that normally marries/matures at a young age and starts an adult life. Nothing wrong with being interested in the other sex though. Hopefully this can a start for a comeback for not only for Disney Channel but for Disney itself. Disney in general needs good new ideas.