Gravity Falls

The Inconveniencing

Aired Friday 9:30 PM Jul 13, 2012 on Disney Channel

• Hell's Convenience Store

This episode is basically a parody on the haunted house premise only it's not a house but a convenience store which is part of what makes this great and helps turn the cleche premise on it's head. This is not something I see much except in the horror films "Hausu" and the 80's movie "House" which were both light hearted and bizzare.

There are just a lot of little things I love from the fact that the convenience store's name is "From Dusk Till Dawn" which of course is an injoke on the movie, though it's also a joke of irony since like in that film it was about travelers going into a place they shouldn't. I liked that moment when Mabel was eating some candy that was banned from the world, it was obviously for good reason as we see Mabel go on a LSD trip. And I even liked seeing the ghosts in action as they take out each of the teenagers slasher style one by one in the most bizzare but hillarous non cleche methods. Like turning one into a hot dog, but my favorate was zaping one into a "Dance Dance Revolution" like video game and the teen is getting beaten up by the falling arrows.

On a sidenote liked that little subplot with Gruncle Stan watching some "Downtown Abby" like show and enjoying it. I found that hillarous because it seems unusal that he would be into a show like that, but I can emphasize with that because even I'm into certain shows or movies that I normally wouldn't be into like "Sailor Moon."

But what makes this really great is Dipper coming though. He really is a character of sympathy because the group of teens and Wendy's so called boyfriend Robbie (except for Wendy and Mabel) are all crap canning him saying that he's uncool, sucks, and all other bile crap. But Dipper truely is cool, yeah sure he's not a kid in the best shape and is illconfidant but not short of courage and when it comes to bad sittuations he always comes though. And as usual he uses his brain to win, kinda like "Doctor Who" (I said kinda) and I feel it demonstrates what being cool really is it's not to have the coolest clothes, popularity, or anything else of a superficial nature, but to simply do the right thing. And the ending is satisfying because in the end Dipper got respect from the other teenagers along with Wendy and Mabel because he helped them when they needed it the most. As for Robbie he gets nothing because he didn't do jack squat and that's exactly what you get when you do just that.

You'll never go convenience shopping again.