Will the show be back next year???

scurrdog

[1]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 1

In the paper and in the ads, the description for tonights show read "Season Finale Tonight".  Now when a show permanently ends, they usually put "Series Finale" to indicate that it is not coming back.  Will we perhaps see this show re-surface next season to cast the leads for other Broadway shows?  I know this show was very popular and they picked a great musical to test the waters with, so I'm just wondering if the big shots at NBC will bring it back next year. 

What are your thoughts 

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AmazingZeljko

[2]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 9
    I don't know if they'll try the experiment again with a different broadway show, but I hope that NBC does a follow up special and either broadcasts one of the performances from Broadway, or does a (even a low-budget) made-for-TV-movie of Grease using the two leads chosen tonight. I'd like to see the entire production on TV at one point as opposed to just bits and pieces.

matrix103

[3]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 14
    I hope this show doesn't come back next year.

Billie3

[4]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 20
    I hope it does come back next year. It was very entertaining and I really like the fact that the judges have the final say after the viewers have voted. Something Amnerican Idol could consider for next season!!!!

SoylentYellow

[5]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 21

I sure hope not.  Just knowing it was still on the air gave me a case of the heebeejeebees.  While channeling surfing I sometimes stop on Grease and Ill have to tell you I cant turn the channel fast enough.   Of course I cant stand musicals to begin with.

The only show I hate more these days is "American Idiot" er I mean "American Idol".

jeffreykare

[6]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 11
    I think it will be back next year, but they might have to change the name of the show.

PixieLyssie

[7]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 20
    SoylentYellow wrote:

I sure hope not.  Just knowing it was still on the air gave me a case of the heebeejeebees.  While channeling surfing I sometimes stop on Grease and Ill have to tell you I cant turn the channel fast enough.   Of course I cant stand musicals to begin with.

The only show I hate more these days is "American Idiot" er I mean "American Idol".

Then why do you bother posting here??