Greatest American Dog Forums

CBS (ended 2008)

What teams were eliminated unfairly?

Rattrap007

[1]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 14

What teams do you think should have not been kicked off at the time they were eliminated?

Frankly I think Ron and Tillman shouldn't have been kicked off for that photo. I thought it was a great bulldog photo. A photo of a white dog with a white background? That should have gotten an elimination there. While Ron and Tillman would have been around for another week, I don't think that they would have lasted a whole lot longer.

For the most part I agree with the judges choices.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

senor_fritz

[2]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 20

I always felt Michael and Ezzie should have stayed on longer than they did. Ezzie seemed like she had a lot of potential. And looking back, one can easily see that Beacon should have been the first one rightfully eliminated.

David and Elvis's elimination never sat well with me because I think Laurie was partly to blame. If you ask me, SHE should have been the one booted for playing dirty like that.

Laura and Preston could have gone on for a bit longer, I think--her dog was certainly more talented and impressive than Bella Starlet.

And of course, there's Bill and Star. I seriously think the judges made a bad call on that one. Overall, Star's performances outshined that of Andrew's time and time again and the judges should have taken that into consideration.

Edited on 09/06/2008 11:53am
    Edited 6 total times.

lisagraham

[3]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 30
    senor_fritz wrote:

And of course, there's Bill and Star. I seriously think the judges made a bad call on that one. In the long run, Star's performances outshined that of Andrew's time and time again. What a shame that the judges failed to consider that.

I agree... This Greatest America DOG, not Greatest America DOG OWNER... They seem to judge too much on the owner and not the dog...

And I didn't think Laurie and Andrew were that great this week... Her dog has no personality at all that's why he couldn't be distracted.

CyclopsBoy

[4]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 16

David and Elvis: Ron and Tillman especially; Laura and Preston. Laurie is annoying her dog is too obsece with her. I hope they don't win

Fwirrel

[5]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 52
    I actually think that Ron and Tillman went home pretty much when they should have. Most challenges, it seemed that Tillman was not performing up to par with the others. Of course, I think Bella Scarlet and Beacon should have gone before Tillman, but the picture was terrible (not as bad as the judges made it...) but it could have been a lot better. Tillman and Ron were hilarious and I loved them on the show, but they didn't seem to perform as well as some of the other teams. Bill and Star got booted too early. They were consistently one of the best teams. They should have won.

jshepman24

[6]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 2
    Rattrap007 wrote:

What teams do you think should have not been kicked off at the time they were eliminated?

Frankly I think Ron and Tillman shouldn't have been kicked off for that photo. I thought it was a great bulldog photo. A photo of a white dog with a white background? That should have gotten an elimination there. While Ron and Tillman would have been around for another week, I don't think that they would have lasted a whole lot longer.

For the most part I agree with the judges choices.

First off, my parents and I have been watching this show with high hopes the entire season. Our view of the show has changed dramatically. The judges need to go. The judges are very generic and don't have the needed skills to judge this show. They seem to hold grudges, and that little catfight was very unprofessional. The judges made some very poor decisions, and getting rid of JD and Galaxy was the biggest. They spent more time judging JD, and haven't been concerned about the dog for several episodes. Out of the top three, the Boxer and the Maltese should've been booted way before the Border Collie. What a joke. The challenges, or lack of. This show needs major work on making funner, more challenging events. My cat, Halo, is more than capable of completing these bogus challenges. Get real, or go home. Would you watch a 2nd season? Not if these issues haven't been addressed, and my parents are in this same room, agreeing with me.

jshepman24

[7]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 2
    Fwirrel wrote:
    I actually think that Ron and Tillman went home pretty much when they should have. Most challenges, it seemed that Tillman was not performing up to par with the others. Of course, I think Bella Scarlet and Beacon should have gone before Tillman, but the picture was terrible (not as bad as the judges made it...) but it could have been a lot better. Tillman and Ron were hilarious and I loved them on the show, but they didn't seem to perform as well as some of the other teams. Bill and Star got booted too early. They were consistently one of the best teams. They should have won.

Bill and Star were the best, these judges need to wake up.

CMJunkie

[8]Sep 11, 2008
    • level: 8

Yes, it could have been "more funner" ----- if they would have gagged JD so he couldn't run his egotistical self-centered mouth. The whole point of the show was relationship, not (as he stated in his interview) having an "obedient" dog. All he cared about was his experience and that Galaxy obeyed. Even Laurie admitted she had at least tried to learn from the others.....

Leroy was eliminated because he was obnoxious, almost as much as his owner. Border collies do bark when they are "amped"... but it is not a breed specific trait... watch herding trials.

I do love Bill and Star... but since they were sent home (for whatever goofball reason)..... I say YAY for Travis and Presley!!!!

BlytheKitten

[9]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 4
    Laura and preston.They were telling the truth that bella scarlet was crying about the paint

dunbrine47

[10]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 9
    I think Stillwell is a **** judge,Get Ceaser instead.

CyclopsBoy

[11]Nov 27, 2008
    I have to disagree with that Brady has avoided barely or been the bottom in 3 in the 1st episode she forced her dog with phsical. Then in the dinner party she said her dog was a bit out of control. in the obsticle coase she gave Beacon an advanted so I think she should of gone waaaaaaay before Tillman. I also think Alone and Kenji got voted off unfairly This is the 2nd time in a row Beth Joy has been in the bottom 3 and she yelled at the junges and she kept her and she got to the Final 6 WTH!! And in the first episode Elone and Kenji did great with their dance. I was ticced
    Edited on 11/27/2008 5:03am

CyclopsBoy

[12]Nov 27, 2008
    Are You serious!! She's great! Wendy Diamond needs to go. In the painting episode she interupted Laura when she was speaking just to say it sucked. That was rude. >

Aliyah123

[13]Dec 2, 2008
    lisagraham wrote:
    senor_fritz wrote:

And of course, there's Bill and Star. I seriously think the judges made a bad call on that one. In the long run, Star's performances outshined that of Andrew's time and time again. What a shame that the judges failed to consider that.

I agree... This Greatest America DOG, not Greatest America DOG OWNER... They seem to judge too much on the owner and not the dog...

And I didn't think Laurie and Andrew were that great this week... Her dog has no personality at all that's why he couldn't be distracted.

I really love Andrew on Greatest American Dog. He looks so CUTE! And I think Bill and Star went home WAY too early.

Aliyah123

[14]Dec 2, 2008
    dunbrine47 wrote:
    For your infomation, Victorica helped my dog with his bad behavior. Let's say you were a trainer and I said the same thing about you. How do you feel now? You would have been angry with your fans. If you're gonna talk like that, go to another board.

dunbrine47

[16]Jan 4, 2009
    • level: 9

Aliyah123 wrote:
    dunbrine47 wrote:
    For your infomation, Victorica helped my dog with his bad behavior. Let's say you were a trainer and I said the same thing about you. How do you feel now? You would have been angry with your fans. If you're gonna talk like that, go to another board.

I meant Stillwell is a bad judge NOT a bad trainer.

CyclopsBoy

[17]Jan 11, 2009
    OK it's your opinion. Well What do you think of Wendy?

Aliyah123

[18]Feb 1, 2009
    Oh...