TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Greek Forums

ABC Family (ended 2011)

Cappie's Real Name

lissie1624

[21]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 9

ElleBow wrote:
    I always figured that "Cappie" came from Kappa Tau.

same here.. it just made sense at the time.. i'm thinking maybe that's where his nickname came from when he wanted to cover up his real name.. which although most nicknames stem from the real name, i think it's going to be something completely random that we wouldn't guess.. "cappie" might be throwing us off the trail to something else..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

I_luvTV92

[22]Sep 10, 2007

Like the first ep i thought it was cuz of Kappa Tau too, but I thought about it and was like, well, they called him tht in freshamn year b4 he pledged and tht girl Desiree/Pam called him Cappie, and not his real name, so i thought, childhood nickname.

Hippie+Ironic=

1. Robert
    2. Richard
    3. Republican?

Lol. Nice one on Capitalist though

penguinnaruto

[23]Sep 10, 2007
    It would be interesting if cappie's name was patrick and he turned out to be Evan's brother but it doesn't really fit with some other stuff

gilmoregal33

[24]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 10
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    It would be interesting if cappie's name was patrick and he turned out to be Evan's brother but it doesn't really fit with some other stuff
    wow thats what i thought

penguinnaruto

[25]Sep 10, 2007
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    wow thats what i thought
    I think i'm really pushing for this possibility because my name is patrick.

gilmoregal33

[26]Sep 10, 2007
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    wow thats what i thought
    im pushing for it because when i first saw a commercial for greek i thought that were brothers

surfer-girl-02

[27]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 19
    I hope he's not Evan's brother..he's probably not. He might...but i don't know. It make you wonder even more what his name is cuz Rebecca knows it

jzummak

[28]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 23
    Let's not forget that he was most likely born in the early-to-mid 1980s, so any of the following are possible: Ronald, Wilson, Reagan

hikinggirl70

[29]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 20
    I too am wondering what Cappie's real name is. I am thinking along the same lines that his name might start with Cap but not every nickname is from their real name. I bet his name is probably a normal one since he says that his parents were hippies and that his name was ironic.

JayMc416

[30]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 18
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    wow thats what i thought
    im pushing for it because when i first saw a commercial for greek i thought that were brothers

Cappie described his parents as hippies, now maybe he lied, but I feel like the Chambers's would not be spending money to send Cappie to school and not live the life that Evan leads, but he did also need money for the lunch buffet.

I also think Evan described Patrick as being in Central America, and I also would think that Casey would know I mean she dated Cappie for a year, his last name should've come up, I don't think Casey could date someone for like a year and know his last name.

Insomniac247

[31]Sep 12, 2007

I cant wait to know what it is.

gilmoregal33

[32]Sep 12, 2007
    JayMc416 wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    wow thats what i thought

Cappie described his parents as hippies, now maybe he lied, but I feel like the Chambers's would not be spending money to send Cappie to school and not live the life that Evan leads, but he did also need money for the lunch buffet.

I also think Evan described Patrick as being in Central America, and I also would think that Casey would know I mean she dated Cappie for a year, his last name should've come up, I don't think Casey could date someone for like a year and know his last name.
    i know that evan and cappie arent brothers but i thought when i first saw a commercial for greek that they were

JayMc416

[33]Sep 14, 2007
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    JayMc416 wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    wow thats what i thought

i know that evan and cappie arent brothers but i thought when i first saw a commercial for greek that they were

I just finished rewatching the season and when you think about it, it almost works, but the one thing that makes me believe they are not is Evan, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would date his brother's ex-girlfriend, I mean look at what happened when he found out abotu Casey and her presidential aspirations.

sodapopgirl721

[34]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 41
    Okay, I juat finished reading this book "schooled" by Gordon Korman (great book by the way, totally recommend it) and the main character was this total hippie kid whose name was Capricorn but everyone called him "Cap" so Cappie's name could be Capricorn. Anyway, that's one possiblity. And Schooled is a great book, you should read it. =)

sodapopgirl721

[35]Sep 18, 2007
    • level: 41
    JayMc416 wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    JayMc416 wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    wow thats what i thought
    Cappie described his parents as hippies, now maybe he lied, but I feel like the Chambers's would not be spending money to send Cappie to school and not live the life that Evan leads, but he did also need money for the lunch buffet. I also think Evan described Patrick as being in Central America, and I also would think that Casey would know I mean she dated Cappie for a year, his last name should've come up, I don't think Casey could date someone for like a year and know his last name.
    I just finished rewatching the season and when you think about it, it almost works, but the one thing that makes me believe they are not is Evan, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would date his brother's ex-girlfriend, I mean look at what happened when he found out abotu Casey and her presidential aspirations.
    Okay, I think that they're not brothers because Cappie said "WE go back to when we roomd together freshmen year" or something like that so I don't think they're brothers because then it'd be way too weird and I think they're just enemies.

doverz

[36]Sep 30, 2007
    You know, it might always be a mystery. Like on That 70's Show. I'm pretty sure we never found out where Fez is from...

CappieMatt

[37]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 1
    I think Cappies name is something like Kevin. Reasons?, Cappie=Kappa (K in Greek alphabet). So, his name is something that starts with K.

JayMc416

[38]Mar 24, 2008

sodapopgirl721 wrote:
    JayMc416 wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    JayMc416 wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    wow thats what i thought
    Cappie described his parents as hippies, now maybe he lied, but I feel like the Chambers's would not be spending money to send Cappie to school and not live the life that Evan leads, but he did also need money for the lunch buffet. I also think Evan described Patrick as being in Central America, and I also would think that Casey would know I mean she dated Cappie for a year, his last name should've come up, I don't think Casey could date someone for like a year and know his last name.
    Okay, I think that they're not brothers because Cappie said "WE go back to when we roomd together freshmen year" or something like that so I don't think they're brothers because then it'd be way too weird and I think they're just enemies.

I posted this earlier, but thought I should include it here as well, on the season 1 DVD Jake aka Evan revealed that we will get a flashback this season to when Evan and Cappie were friends and roommates, I am thinking the liklihood of them being brothers is like 3%.

cutieflutie1216

[39]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 50
    Snowphish
    Edited on 03/25/2008 7:04pm

animegirl33b

[40]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 2
    JayMc416 wrote:

sodapopgirl721 wrote:
    JayMc416 wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    JayMc416 wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    gilmoregal33 wrote:
    penguinnaruto wrote:
    wow thats what i thought

I posted this earlier, but thought I should include it here as well, on the season 1 DVD Jake aka Evan revealed that we will get a flashback this season to when Evan and Cappie were friends and roommates, I am thinking the liklihood of them being brothers is like 3%.

that'll probably be in season 2 episode 5 "Freshman Daze"