Greek Forums

ABC Family (ended 2011)

Official "Freshman Daze" Discussion

tvaddict_10

[1]Apr 20, 2008
    • level: 59
    Discuss the episode here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

unfabisfab

[2]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 6
    Okay, so now my feelings are all mixed up. So Evan was actually really really nice, and didn't actually steal Casey from Cappie. Frannie isn't evil and was actually trying to help Casey from being hurt. Casey was the one who choose Evan instead of Cappie. And Cappie was a jerk and a horrible boyfriend a lot of the time, and ignore Casey a lot too. That all being said, I still really really want Cappie and Casey to be together. Because Cappie has grown up, and they would be like the perfect couple now

01truegirl

[3]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 4
    I agree he was a jerk. No wonder why she started to fall for evan. Cappie treated her like she was 3 or 4th in his life. And it sucks because now he's all changed and the boyfriend casey always wanted him to be and now he's like that to rebecca. And now Casey has to watch him being like that with rebecca.

unfabisfab

[4]Apr 21, 2008
    Yeah, if he was like who he is now back then, they would still be together, wonderfully in love. But they will get back together, I swear it!!! Or at least hope it....*laughs*

lissie1624

[5]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 9

So this episode completely threw a monkey wrench in my feelings for this show.. don't get me wrong, I'm still a HUGE Cappie/Casey fan, but this episode definitely made you feel for Evan.. and Casey - at first I thought she was a total idiot for dumping Cappie (I mean who wouldn't love the guy?) but now I can see what made her leave.. I actually felt bad for Evan in this episode (something I have NEVER done)

Also, Frannie? Oh my goodness she showed us a different side of her.. going to the KT house to get Cappie? So sweet.. she seems like she's really turned around, but we'll see how that goes..

BING! We finally found out what was behind it.. between you and me, I was expecting something more.. hilarious? Ah well.. one mystery solved.. I just think it's hilarious that Evan wanted to rush KT..

And finally, I'd just like to say how happy I am that Scott Michael Foster sang in this episode.. it made me smile =]

kyubi256

[6]Apr 21, 2008
    damn this ep makes you really like the two characters you are NOT supposed to like lol

toxic_boy21

[7]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 13
    I think this is one of the BEST episodes of "Greek" ever aired out of both seasons so far! Just when you thought you had each character figured out, they COMPLETELY throw a curveball at you. I actually am glad Casey got with Evan now, it makes ALOT more sense. And did anyone just get the WEIRDEST feeling ever when Casey, Evan, and Cappie were all laughing, calling each other "the three musketeers"?! Haahah

I loved that they directly connected the present with the past and how, really, their feelings haven't changed. Like Frannie said, it's a shame Cappie's 2 years too late

Mav_33

[8]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 5
    I thought this was one of the better episodes of the series...I think they are just settin us up with the Frannie thing though...she is still evil. Evan kinda of a tool still but less of an ass. Still would like to see Cappie get with Casey despite there past history...and just dont like Rebeca at all. Anyways thought it was a great episode and looking forward to more.

cvaughn7

[9]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 2

The major issue with the episode was the lack of Rusty. He is the one character on the show I think who needs to be somewhat featured in all episodes as I feel he is the strongest character on the show. I can't remember a show in a long time that had such a strong and likable character as Rusty.

Sometimes when episodes are heavy on Casey they can be a bit gushy and over the top. Also I'm kind of getting sick of the serious lovesick Cappy. It was endearing for a bit but it's starting to get a bit dull. They need to put more life back in to him.

bonjovichick

[10]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 16
    cvaughn7 wrote:

The major issue with the episode was the lack of Rusty. He is the one character on the show I think who needs to be somewhat featured in all episodes as I feel he is the strongest character on the show. I can't remember a show in a long time that had such a strong and likable character as Rusty.

Sometimes when episodes are heavy on Casey they can be a bit gushy and over the top. Also I'm kind of getting sick of the serious lovesick Cappy. It was endearing for a bit but it's starting to get a bit dull. They need to put more life back in to him.

I totally love the ebb and flow of the characters in the episodes. This one needed to be about those that were there and others feature different people. Some weeks you see Dale and others no so much for example. I think that demostrates how strong the whole cast is. The only thing I would say is that every episode needs lots of Cappie because that is frankly what gets many people to turn in every week.

1treehillfan

[11]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 45
    I really enjoyed this episode. We have all been waiting so long for the answers to the questions that were answered in this episode. I loved the flashbacks. But as everyone has said it will change your perspective. I was shocked to see how Evan was during freshman year. Him and Cappie had a great relationship but different frats ruined it. HMMM will Calvin and Rusty do the exact same thing!?! I am glad to see Evan is not a total jerk but I still wont Cappie and Casey together. Cappie has grown up alot since than and eventhough Evan used to be a good guy I still think now he is borderline a hole. Frannie really surprised me. I think she may really have changed again. Maybe last year was just a bad year for her.

OH yeah and I just can't let myself like Cappie and Rebecca eventhough Rebecca seems less evil when she is around him. I did love Rebeccas comment to Frannie about Casey being better than the last president!

KeybladeHolder

[12]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 8
    The flashbacks were cool and they really made me understand Evan, Casey, and Cappie better. It was kind of funny how Evan tried to be more like Cappie LOL The one thing that kind of surprised me was that Evan and Cappie were friends since camp. I did not think that they had known each other that long. All in all it was a great episode and I can't wait to see what happens next week.

JayMc416

[13]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 18

It was very revealing, and frankly well-written and planned out. I always thought that the fight was just over Casey but clearly there was more there than we thought. A lot of mixed emotions about how each of them thought college was going to turn out.

Now there was one thing that confused me in the episode with all the intramurals Frannie reveals to Rebecca that they almost deactivitated Casey because of Cappie, but last night that did not seem to be the case. So did it happen earlier, or is there more to tell on this story?

Keman29

[14]Apr 22, 2008
    I think Casey almost got deactivated because of the fight and the whole situation ruining the Greek Ball.

krussell47

[15]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 12
    This was an excellent episode. To learn that there was more behind the feud between Cappie and Evan, other than Casey was huge. And to discover that Frannie actually might be a decent person was a twist. I really enjoyed seeing how they all were when they first came to college and how they got to the point they are at now.

shfox13

[16]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 2
    I was actually feeling sorry for Evan this episode until he said, "better than being spawn from dead head losers" puting down your parents is a huge low blow

kyubi256

[17]Apr 22, 2008
    so weird to see how much Evan has changed since Freshman year... i loved that Evan there but he isn't the same Evan that he used to be...

and Cappie was kind of a douche and now he is regretting it... love the Cappie now but hate the Cappie before.

Cappie and Evan kinda switched roles as time went on...

and Frannie was awesome in this episode, same old *itch* Frannie but very nice to her lil sis also

sodapopgirl721

[18]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 41

i have to admit, i was a sucker for evan from the third ep when he told casey he'd wantedto be with her forever, and this just made me like him even more. it made me real pissed off at cappie for treating cappie so badly, tho when cappie/evan were friends, it was so adorable! and strangley reminded me of the jess/dean fight from gilmoregirls... but that's off topic...

altho it made me so happy we finally gotsome answers for the legendary cappie/evan fight, and it annoyed me how misleading the preview was, since the fight was in the past and rebecca and cappie didn't break up. but one of the best eps by far. casey and evan 4ever!!!!!!!

sweetmemi

[19]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 17
    I really liked this episode. I love the flashbacks!

Nice Frannie is a bit scary, lol. But she's trying. Her comments to Beaver and Joe in the flashbacks were hilarious! What a beyotch. But it was hella funny.

But soooo happy of seeing flashbacks of what really happened between Cappie and Evan!
    What was up with that itchy looking 'stache on Evan's face? Gross. I don't know how anyone could NOT want Evan/Casey together again after seeing those flashbacks. Obviously, he's the best choice for her.

FluffyBullet

[20]Apr 23, 2008

Wow, this episode actually made me like Evan less. I mean, he came to college with the intent of breaking free from his parents, but because everything didn't turn out exactly as he hoped and because of jealousy he instead became exactly the kind of son his parents wanted, up to the point were he ditched Casey for Rebecca at that dinner thing because his parents told him too. That, to me anyway, is really the most unforgivable thing he did to Casey, choosing his parents instead of her refusing to stand up to them and doing something he must have known would hurt her to make "connections" for his family. Unbelievable, and he choose to go down this pat because his friend was more popular?

Yes, Cappie was a jerk when he and Casey were together and that's why she dumped him, that's why he needs to grow up if he wants her back, but Evan being who's right for her? No way. Who wants a boyfriend who takes the girl he cheated with to a function because his parents wants him to instead of the girlfriend? Who humiliates you in public just because his feelings are hurt? Who's so self-involved he ends a friendship because he can't stand that his best friend's more popular than him?