TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Greek Forums

ABC Family (ended 2011)

Official "Freshman Daze" Discussion

bonjovichick

[21]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 16

I guess I don't even see Cappie as a jerk to Casey. Yeah he is a blunderhead and forgot about the ball. Once he was reminded he hurried up and got ready to go there. I saw their relationship as a typical college one where they enjoy being together but are really more about hanging out with all their friends and having fun.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kyubi256

[22]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 9
    This ep clearly shows you that at the time Evan was the perfect BF but right now Cappie is the perfect BF for Casey

As i said, much has changed...

and Cappie was kind of a jerk for treating her like a 3 year old: "Wow Casey Cartwright, how articulate." And then forgetting about the ball... he also only hurried b/c he was yelled at.

I agree w/ choosing friends over your GF as friends last forever, but if you have the split as 80-20 or something, that isn't really fair for Casey.

I love how this changed Cappie a lot though, he is now the guy that she always wanted/thought he could be

jkxbox360

[23]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 15
    Very good episode. One of, if not the best episode of the series yet!

Loved it. The flashback scenes were awesome!

Hoping for many more episodes!

Casey and Cappie for LIFE! =]

Beastgirl2

[24]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 11

unfabisfab wrote:
    Okay, so now my feelings are all mixed up. So Evan was actually really really nice, and didn't actually steal Casey from Cappie. Frannie isn't evil and was actually trying to help Casey from being hurt. Casey was the one who choose Evan instead of Cappie. And Cappie was a jerk and a horrible boyfriend a lot of the time, and ignore Casey a lot too. That all being said, I still really really want Cappie and Casey to be together. Because Cappie has grown up, and they would be like the perfect couple now

I agree. I mean, before this episode, I thought Casey and Cappie had great chemistry and should be together. But in this episode, in the flashbacks, it seems obvious that Cappie was not the same back then, and he was not right for Casey back then.

In my opinion, this episode was seriously lacking. It did not explain why Cappie and Casey seem to feel such a deep connection to each other, because it didn't show any truly meaningful interactions between the two of them in the flashbacks. It didn't really even explain why Casey started dating Cappie.

To me, the story just didn't fit. It was a bit off. I know there are probably explanations for that, but it still just didn't seem right to me.

But I loved seeing Frannie standing up for Casey in the flashbacks, that was awesome. And the episode did make me like Evan a lot more than I did before.

Beks429

[25]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 5

I agree... it was a good episode, but it seemed like a lot of previously-established things were ignored.

Maybe the whole depiction of Casey and Cappie's relationship would have been a little more believeable if they had shown more than just times when he let her down or neglected her; if they were really so in love as everyone keeps saying, we didn't see it.

Frannie's behavior in the flashbacks was bizzare (though the part where she scares the daylights out of Beaver and makes Egyptian Joe cry was one of the funniest things I've ever seen); if she and the other sisters were the reason Casey ultimately dumped Cappie, does that happen before or after the ball? And if it happened before, why does Frannie try to save their relationship? Unless the "intervention" already happened, and Casey didn't listen, but then after the fight at the ball, she decided her sisters were right all along. And was I the only one who thought what Casey said to Evan about Cappie ("What about Cappie?" "What about him?") was a completely awful thing to say? And I totally felt bad for Cappie in the kareoke scene...

I kind of got the feeling that this whole episode was just setting up a Casey/Evan reconciliation, and even though we got a little more insight on Evan, I still think that the things he did to Casey were a lot worse than anything Cappie did to her. Besides, this Rebecca/Cappie thing is kind of making me lose my mind (as Evan would say), and it needs to end, right now!

However, the Evan and Cappie friendship thing was very cool to finally see... crazy to see how their friendship fell apart in the end. I think it would be interesting to see them work together to fix Rusty and Calvin's friendship, and maybe end up starting to fix their own? If that's even possible at this point... but it would make an interesting episode.

Beastgirl2

[26]Apr 23, 2008

Beks429 wrote:
    I agree... it was a good episode, but it seemed like a lot of previously-established things were ignored.

Maybe the whole depiction of Casey and Cappie's relationship would have been a little more believeable if they had shown more than just times when he let her down or neglected her; if they were really so in love as everyone keeps saying, we didn't see it.

Frannie's behavior in the flashbacks was bizzare (though the part where she scares the daylights out of Beaver and makes Egyptian Joe cry was one of the funniest things I've ever seen); if she and the other sisters were the reason Casey ultimately dumped Cappie, does that happen before or after the ball? And if it happened before, why does Frannie try to save their relationship? Unless the "intervention" already happened, and Casey didn't listen, but then after the fight at the ball, she decided her sisters were right all along. And was I the only one who thought what Casey said to Evan about Cappie ("What about Cappie?" "What about him?") was a completely awful thing to say? And I totally felt bad for Cappie in the kareoke scene...

I kind of got the feeling that this whole episode was just setting up a Casey/Evan reconciliation, and even though we got a little more insight on Evan, I still think that the things he did to Casey were a lot worse than anything Cappie did to her. Besides, this Rebecca/Cappie thing is kind of making me lose my mind (as Evan would say), and it needs to end, right now!

Yeah, if Casey really had cared about Cappie back then, she wouldn't have said that ("What about him?") when he was hurt too. And it did feel like they only wrote the story this way in order to try to force us to like Casey with Evan.

Edited on 04/23/2008 5:33pm

JelliBeen23

[27]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 7
    I love Cappie and Casey together! Cappie has grown up and isn't that little freshman anymore. And thats what Casey deserves instead of cheating Evan.

kyubi256

[28]Apr 23, 2008
    I really like Evan actually... The person who plays him is a good actor, great emotions

GreekisLove

[29]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 4
    So I finally watched this week's episode. I LOVE EVAN!!! I already did but I was kind of confused since he cheated on Casey so I was still on the fence with liking Evan or Cappie more....but now I realize he really is a good guy! YAY! Alright I'm still in gushing mode so I should probably comment on this episode later so I can organize my thoughts.

RTTV989

[30]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 21
    kyubi256 wrote:
    damn this ep makes you really like the two characters you are NOT supposed to like lol
    True my perception really change about Evan and Fannie, I actually like them now.

kyubi256

[31]Apr 24, 2008
    this makes you really see why Casey missed Evan and wanted to stay with him...k

i mean yes part of it is b/c of his Chambers name but another part is the ending scene...

huh920

[32]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 21
    I really liked the episode. The Cappie and Evan friendship was fantastic to see. I sort of hope down the line maybe they will patch it up and become friends again. Frannie she was decent in the flashbacks and seems like she is really trying now but if I was Casey I would always keep in the back of my mind what happened last semester.

saintzrulz

[33]Apr 24, 2008
    • level: 10
    yeah i agree frannie does look changed. but she can turn at any time i rekon. The freindship was good between cappie nad evan and i think cappie is kinda jelous of the way rusty has his friendship. but i love the rivalry noe it gives more depth to the story.

kyubi256

[34]Apr 25, 2008
    this is what i really do not understand...

It seems like the main reason why Evan broke up with Casey was fear that he'd lose her again to Cappie. He felt that she was just using him b/c of his "Chambers" name and in reality just really loved Cappie... well why would he feel that way after watching this ep? Cappie treated her like dirt and she dumped him for Evan... I mean come on, why feel so insecure when you were much better for her and she was sick and tired of him?

JayMc416

[35]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 18

At the moment, I don't think either Cappie or Evan is right for Casey.

Cappie said it best to her when he said that Rebecca likes him for him, Casey didn't.

Evan felt like he got used and that he was just her rebounder after all.

But I really think that what this episode showed is that Casey needs to really figure out who she is and what she wants from life.

kyubi256

[36]Apr 25, 2008
    AMAZING POINTS

read my post here: http://www.tv.com/greek/show/71239/official-andquothighway-to-the-discomfort-zoneandquot-discussion/topic/85197-1038888/msgs.html?page=1&tag=board_topics;page_2;2

i agree with you 100%. Neither are perfect for Casey b/c she is stubborn and selfish. We all love Casey b/c she seems so "real" as it is "real" to want to be #1 (her and cappie... should not have to fight for his love) and she seems "real" for wanting to achieve her goals and using people to do so (Evan: I mean it was kind of obvious that much was lost after he cheated)

We love her for that but if you take an unbiased POV, both might actually be too good for her

GleeDust

[37]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 5

I love how Ash has always been Ash. It never made since to me, why Ash was ever in ZBZ, because I got the impression that she didn't care one way or the other about it. Would it be cool if Ash became the ZBZ president.

kyubi256

[38]Apr 25, 2008
    Ash is in ZBZ because her and Casey are great friends and "best" friends like to do everything together... so if Casey is in ZBZ then Ash will be in it too to spend time w/ her

Like Rusty and Cappie once said: You don't have many same sex friends outside of your pledge

Pixelwoman

[39]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 7
    Beastgirl2 wrote:

In my opinion, this episode was seriously lacking. It did not explain why Cappie and Casey seem to feel such a deep connection to each other, because it didn't show any truly meaningful interactions between the two of them in the flashbacks. It didn't really even explain why Casey started dating Cappie.

... well, I think the episode didn't mean to tell EVERYTHING, it would have been simply impossible in 40 minutes.

Besides, it's good they still have some more interesting things to tell us in future episodes:, for instance, why did Casey choose Cappie.

Edited on 04/25/2008 11:55am

Beastgirl2

[40]Apr 25, 2008
    Pixelwoman wrote:
    Beastgirl2 wrote:

... well, I think the episode didn't mean to tell EVERYTHING, it would have been simply impossible in 40 minutes.

Besides, it's good they still have some more interesting things to tell us in future episodes:, for instance, why did Casey choose Cappie.

That's true. Hopefully they do touch on it and don't just go on and ignore it, though.

I went back and watched the very first episode, and it actually fit with the flashbacks. Casey was really rude to Cappie in that episode, but now we know she had good reason.

But going back and watching the first episode also reminded me of what a jerk Evan can be, especially to Rusty.

I have a question though, about this "Freshman Daze" episode. What was with Cappie's look at the end? He smiled at her (Casey) or something, after Evan walked off and she got kinda teary-eyed. I haven't seen it in a few days, so I don't remember exactly how it looked, but I remember noticing it and wondering what that was about.

Was it like he was remembering the old days and wishing he was still with Casey?

Was it just like a reassuring smile or something?