Greek Forums

ABC Family (ended 2011)

Official "Freshman Daze" Discussion

kyubi256

[41]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 9
    That's just Cappie... that's all i can really say. He tends to smile when you look at him and/or when you give him that tear-eye look. He has that re-assuring quality to him and that is just what he was showing... He wasn't trying to help her or anything, he was more just acknowledging her presence and saying hi.

He was just saying hi basically... that was all...

I can see the other way where he wishes he could still be with her and he is saying: "If we were back in time and i was who i am now, this is what we'd do" but i think it's pushing it A LOT...

I really think it is more towards the line of "hi i am there."

-------------------------------------------------------------

and i agree with you beastgirl in what you said... i mean Frannie said: "For some reason she loves you" and it got me thinking too because he was always disappointing her so why she'd love him. I just don't think they want to get into that at all or just right now... it is something that should be left out. Looking at Casey's past, she seemed much more innocent and that is probably it. They were "young teen love" which it was, i believe both were virgins when they did it (which is why she said: "our first time" when talking about Rusty's virginity). I don't think it was really her loving Cappie but more that he was a "safety net" she could turn to and just have fun (which is why she ended it eventually because the fun just got boring)... Anyways i am definitely rambling so i'd just say that she wasn't really "in love" with him but did not want to tackle the world with someone else... Until Evan came along of course and said he did not want to go with "anybody" but went with her anyways... She did not really want to look for another but when another found her, she gave up on Cappie and his "non progress"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now this is what i do not understand... you can see in this episode that Casey isn't a big fan of Pledges because it really ruined her relationship with Cappie... well why is she so crazy about her ZBZ pledge then? She knows what activity in a pledge does to a person, i mean look at Cappie... he started to choose his bros over his girl, why is she constantly choosing her girls over her bros?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lovinlost24

[42]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 4

does anyone know where I can watch this episode?! i missed most of it and its not on abcfamily.com!

did they stop putting them up there? cause im going on vacatioon so im going to miss this mondays as well

kyubi256

[43]Apr 25, 2008
    check pm

percussiongrl

[44]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 5
    i really enjoyed this eppi. it really cleared a lot of things up. i agree with everyone else when they say that you kind of change your perspective of evan. But he still cheated on casey so it cant change too much. I cant wait to see where this is all going cant wait until monday!!!

kyubi256

[45]Apr 25, 2008
    percussiongrl wrote:
    i really enjoyed this eppi. it really cleared a lot of things up. i agree with everyone else when they say that you kind of change your perspective of evan. But he still cheated on casey so it cant change too much. I cant wait to see where this is all going cant wait until monday!!!

i agree 100%. There are still the 2 horrible events that Evan did

1. Cheat on Casey

2. Take Rebecca and not Casey to see his parents

HappyGirl818

[46]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 10

This was one of the best episodes yet. It was just so strange to see how different they all are. Before I used to just think that Casey dumped Cappie to be with Evan , but no after seeing how badly he treated her I understand. As much as I didn't want to, I've actually liked Evan for a while now and this episode made it even more so. I loved seeing Cappie and Evan be friends, even though it was kind of weird to watch. It made me sad seeing how their friendship ended. I'm glad it wasn't completely because of Casey though. I don't think Casey will be with either Evan or Cappie for a while. I think she's going too spend sometime becoming more independent before she gets with anyone.

Also, I loved the scene when they tell Evan his pledge name is going to be Bing, because his reaction is exactly what went through my head when Cappie first called him that, "Like Chandler?". lol. Oh that made me laugh.

GreekisLove

[47]Apr 26, 2008
    Was anyone else laughing hard when Dale and Rusty were talking and Dale had a flashback of a friend and pushing him when he said he was going to convert to Catholicism? hahahah

1treehillfan

[48]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 45
    GreekisLove wrote:
    Was anyone else laughing hard when Dale and Rusty were talking and Dale had a flashback of a friend and pushing him when he said he was going to convert to Catholicism? hahahah

I was laughing my butt off too. I loved that flashback so so funny!

mygirly

[49]May 1, 2008
    • level: 11
    kyubi256 wrote:

Now this is what i do not understand... you can see in this episode that Casey isn't a big fan of Pledges because it really ruined her relationship with Cappie... well why is she so crazy about her ZBZ pledge then? She knows what activity in a pledge does to a person, i mean look at Cappie... he started to choose his bros over his girl, why is she constantly choosing her girls over her bros?

In my mind there are two reasons:

a. Votes...we all know the friday night fright sleepover was purely to bond the pledges to each other...and to Casey. She wanted to be president and her campaign started from the moment Frannie put her trust in her.

b. she didn't think her pledges would let her down like her boys. As we now know dating Cappie freshman year meant dealing with drunken nights and being stood up. However, these girls were her sisters for life. And she was trying to forget Evan, who had hurt her so much in the recent months. Again, these girls were her sisters for life and she didn't think that any of them would cross her, except Rebecca (and then Jen K).

kyubi256

[50]May 1, 2008
    it doesn't explain why she is so crazy about being President... it seems like she is being exactly what Cappie was... doing whatever she can to win votes and be president

angiebarnes

[51]Jul 7, 2010
    • level: 1
    ordan on 'Greek,' otherwise known as Johanna Braddy, is in the new Summer Set video! Check it out! http://bit.ly/a5iSux

Kylie90210

[52]Feb 27, 2012

I agree with the general concensus about this episode... It changed my feelings about the situation, and made me feel bad for Evan too. But in some ways, I don't like it. Because I know Cappie has grown up since, but it seems so out of character for him as compared to the rest of the series. Same with Evan, really. I don't know, it's just very confusing, but it does give us a good look back.