Greek

ABC Family (ended 2011)

Gold_Ruby

Greek Fan Reviews (99)

• Casey tries to get a job in office in washiongton while Rusty works on his magical wire. Finding out that dale is the new hasher for ZBZ and Cappie might declare a major!

i love greek! but at some point they are repeating the same things. Even though i don't want greek to be discontinued it might be in there best interest to stop, thank god it's there last season. They people who have written greek, replay everything collage drama only goes so far. I think that line started last semester! sorry, but Rusty's character has been getting to complex, with his science and truthfully no one understands it. In this episode you are missing at lease my favorite characters who you wanted to learn more about from last week like.. Calvin, love him! and truthfully i love the Cappie and Even drama, it's cute. this episode just didn't have a very good hook. except i love the part when dale say's "i'm not going to be your boy toy" :) very cute. I watch every episode so i'm not behind for next week. But this weeks was kinda upset :( but it was still okay.
  • Greek is an Awesome Show. It is basically college drama, where Casey, tries to lead a sorority and maintain a relationship, which never works out well, and her brother, Rusty, tries to fit in a fraternaty and to make friends.

Greek is about Casey Cartwright, who is the sorority: Zeta Beta Zeta house and is trying to do the best she can so she can be leader of the house.
    She has a brother who is younger and starting in Cypruss Rhodes University. Her brother, Rusty, is a nerd who wants to join a frat house so he can fit in and make friends. He meets Dale, his roommate who is a Christian Addict and who is completely against fraternaties and sororities.
    On the hunt to find a fraternity, Rusty meets Calvin, who turns out to be gay Calvin's best friend is Rusty and Ashleigh, who is also Casey's best Friend.
    Rusty ends up joining the Kappa Tau Gamma house, which is the most trouble prone house on campus, and lead by Casey's ex boyfriend, and Calvin goes to Omega Chi Delta, which is lead by Evan, Casey's current Boyfrind in the pilot and is Cappie's enemy. The Omega Chi house and the Kappa Tau house are the main enemy's in the show, except Casey and Rebecca, the new senator's daughter who Casey bribed to go into ZBZ.
    Watch as everything falls apart each episode.

Diffenetely recommend you watch it.
  • This show is about college students in fraternities and sororities. The show goes on about relationships, rivilaries, parties, and competitions. Its so good I can't even describe it.

Omg.. I love this show. It's my all time favorite show on tv right now. I have been watching all the episodes from season one on hulu.com. The whole premise of the show is amazing. I love the characters. Both the guys and girls are hott. This whole show is a hit. I recommend this show to everyone. It's one of the best. It's so ugh..I lovee it ! Not to mention the fact all the breaking up and making up. I love the relationship between Cappie and Casey. Scott Michael Foster does a great job with his role. Plus he is super hott. But everyone does a great job. It's so great to see such great actors doing great work.
  • Genius!

Though I've had judgmental thoughts about sororities and fraternities, I see the bigger picture now. Greek is enjoyable, highly amusing and the drama is rightly placed. The Cappie/Casey dilemma faintly reminds me of Ross/Rachel and how those two kept going on and off for years. The fact that there's at least one character you can identify with or hope to be more like is a huge plus. And I like the fact that Calvin's gay It shows versatility and that it's not just another 'teen' show we've all seen and know. Can't wait for season four though I'm sad it will be the last but at least the network was kind enough for the show to end in style and not in a mess like Terminator or Privileged.
  • Greek is television program about college. The main character is Rusty, a pledge for Kappa Tau. As the series progresses you meet new characters, witness love triangles, and watch all sorts of betrayal.

I believe this is a show packed with all the drama you can handle. It has twists and turns, like when you find out that the sweet, girl next door character, Jen K, betrayed everyone by writing an expose on the Greek system that revealed dirt on mainly the ZBZ house. In the season opener Casey and Cappie share a kiss due to the carnival this stirs up trouble with Rebecca (casey's rival and Cappie's summer fling) and Evan (Casey's ex). It is full of comedy and heartache and fun to watch. Greek is good for family, but I think it's more suited for adults and teens. Over all I give it two thumbs up.
  • Tv at it's best.Great cast great storylines and loads of laughs.What more do you want

Greek is a show about a boy called Rusty Cartwright.Who all his life has basically been a Geek.But now that he's finally at college he want's to live a little,so he decides to join a fraternity.Rusty also has an older sister called Casey Cartwright at the same college,but Rusty and her have nothing in common.As she is a praised member of the ZBZ fraternity.So the whole series is basically showing Rustys life changing by joining a fraternity and his relationship with his sister growing.There's also a whole load of other great characters.I usually hate these types of shows,as there usually really cheesy and have crap storylines.But the show is nothing like that.It has a great cast great storylines and is full of laughs.If you have'nt seen an episode of Greek before give it a shot as it's top class tv.
  • The highs and lows of the college Fraternity and Sorority lifestyle.

Despite the fact that this show is on ABC Family, I am still a big fan of the show. With a unique cast of characters and fun storytelling makes this a show that I have to tune into every week. I suppose I may relate to Rusty a little bit, and so that doesn't hurt my interest in the show. There are a lot of adaptations of the fraternity and sorority lifestyle, but this appears to be one of the better ones. The show has really come into its own late into the first season and has transcended past the ABC Family tag.
  • It was really great the first season but...

I did enjoy the first season of greek, but I think that maybe that should've been the end. With a different ending of course but ABC Family has a way of beating a dead horse into the ground, and I think before long that will be the case with Greek. I didn't enjoy the first few eppisodes of the second season and now I haven't been watching it at all now. It just lost everything it had, for me. I think it would be better if they had just had it as a cute summer show that we could all enjoy, instead of trying to keep it on for the views and making it go out on a bad note. But that's just my opinion of course.
  • This show is surprisingly good. I'll be watching the new season, will you?

I really wasn't expecting much from a show about the Greak system. I thought that the characters would be walking cliches, the plot lines tired, and the diologue horrific. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I watched the first episode. Though sometimes the characters are really predictable, they seem more dimensional than I expected. Anyone else expect to hate every sorority girl? I was surprised to find myself rooting for Casey, though maybe it was because she was in opposition to a much more dislikeable character. I also found Cappie to be especially hilarious. He's like Van Wilder, but without the tired sequels. Some of his one liners have seriously made the episodes.
    In the end, I have to say that this is a great show. Not one to take really seriously, but a good, light, funny show.
  • So many shows have been made about Sorority and Fraternity life so why does "Greek" work so well? The characters, storylines and relationships all make "Greek" a great comedy and enjoyable to watch.

I've been a devoted fan of the show since episode 1, and I am proud to say I have not missed an episode. Even though my own sorority meetings were held at the same time as Greek every Monday night, I still found ways of keeping up with Casey, Rusty and the rest of the Cypress Roads croud. I think the show does a good job of exposing Greek Life, but does go a bit further into the sterotype than some might like or want to see. "Greek" is the perfect teen comedy that you might expect to find on the CW, or WB if it still existed. Everyone I have exposed to this show finds in fun to watch, including my Mom who usually does not watch many of my "teen" shows. Overall, I find this show funny amd endearing and the characters are so likeable you keep coming back for more! I cannot wait for next season to see what happens as the rest of their year comes to an end!
  • Greek

I dont know many college shows that are this popular, thats what makes this show different. I got the feeling that college is just like high-school by watching this. But the kind of problems and issues discussed in this show are just same-old. I can see how this show can get addictive, it does suck you, which I consider a plus for this show. I think its popular because the idea of Kelsy Grammer's daughter staring in the show makes is pretty attractive. And who doesnt like Fraiser , right? I will give the acting some credit, it isnt too bad. The show is almost all about having fun, which can be a good and bad thing. It depends on how you look at it.
  • Good.

Greek is a really good show.
    It has really good story lines.
    For instance, Rebecca and Casey, they hate each other, but its soo funny. They have good plots.
    Casey and Evan are really cute together but then again I like Cappie and Casey too. Cappie is such a funny character! Probably one of the best :)
    Plus, can't forget about Rustie. I luv that guy. He is so cute. I love when he was at Beer-Pong and he doesn't like Alcohol and spits it all out. Its hilarious. "Spitter" hehe.
    Also, him and Jen. K are soo cute together. I loved it when they actually got together.
    Ashleigh is also a cute character.
    I hate Frannie. To me it just seems there is no point in her being there. I also hate Rebacca but there is a purpose in her being there.
    This is a great show and I will continue to enjoy watching it :)
  • A nice insight to today's college life.

The show is generally good and funny. I like how it focuses on college because honestly a lot of teen shows are all about high school. The fratenrity/ sorority idea was pretty good and I also liek how diverse the charcters are. From perfect Casey to rich Rebecca to gay Calvin to conservative Christian Dale and even nerdy Rusty and party boy Cappie. The only thing I don't like is how they constantly dangle Cappi and Casey infront of everyone and then pull them away. Its so lame and make sthe show less entertaining. I'm also sure that Rusty has already has 5,000,000 plots on his grades, and I don't like how Evan tries to "discover" himself either. You think he would have done that before he was a senior in college. But overall, a good show.
  • The fun and entertaining answer for young viewers (who got addicted to HS shows too much and saw them all go downhill).

'Greek' did what almost every single high school show failed hard to accomplish… make college work. When your favorite characters go off to different colleges, there's a hard story to tell there, and even when you succeed on keeping the quality up, you still have that curse that might kill you. This show starts off with college and barely even mentions high school. HS is over and your teens are coming to an end, then suddenly, you find yourself with an double digit age that starts with a 2 and responsibilities for the future. But that's not even the key to what makes Greek so entertaining, it's the accessibility. When you're on a cable network that has 'family' in the name, and you're trying to make a show about college, you obviously can't follow the movies and have girls stripping in every scene, that's why this show has a mix of storylines. On one side you have the girls, bickering over what are going to be the colors of the next homecoming, and on the other side you have the guys, wondering what games to play next that involve beer, a slide and a wooden chair. This way, you can keep both genders equally interested and don't even have to wonder about crossing any lines. Greek is one of the few shows that is for everyone, and you can't help but fall for all the wonderful written characters. I have yet to see a guest-character I didn't like, and the main ones, well, those are just so familiar (the popular rich guy, the crazy fun guy, the geek, the pretty social girl) and yet so modern (they too have grown up with Grey's and The Hills and modern references are thrown around like it's 'Friends' again), they are bound to serve you for many seasons to come. Though the ratings could always be better, this show has gotten it right, without too much drama, they had almost everyone in the cast hook up with each other, but at the same time, have all the relations clear for newcomers to see. And the mix of weekly-storylines and overlapping drama works perfect, the show isn't fast-paced, and it shouldn't be. It's four years of a young adults life, there's not going to be a death every week, and it's college, there are more fun situations then there are times to cry together. It's a lively, fun show that has hilarious returning characters, and light-hearted but recognizable drama. The characters feel real, and though the situations sometimes may seem too absurd to actually happen to people who are right in their mind, it makes you love this show and keeps you coming back every season just to see what crazy stuff happens next at Cyprus Rhodes.
    After the second season finale, it's safe to say that Greek's major weakness are the finales, they are as the show itself - light hearted, not very major drama and more likely to happen, but hardly ever keep you wondering what's going to happen next. But on the other hand, the show is addicting and fun enough to make you check your calendar for its return date, because every day could be your last day, and if you want to make it a fun one, you might as well tune into Greek.
  • Greek is absolutely great! Cyprus isn't in Rhodes, Rhodes an island in Greece and Cyprus is a different country. The love triangle between Casey Evan and Cappie fading away, Rusty growing, Dale geek, Calvin popular, Evan not a jerk, Ashley shopaholic....

Greek is absolutely great! I'm from Cyprus, the country, which is not in Rhodes (which is an island in Greece, Cyprus is a different country). Anw enough about this. I love this show. I think it's the simplicity of the story that makes it good, but the spins and turns of the story that make it absolutely great.
    I love how we watched Casey's history with Evan and Cappie, which is the love triangle and that it didn't become tiring and boring, they kept it interesting by slowly making it fade away. Rusty the brainiac know-it-all, who discovers himself through the fraternity and grows with the help of his brothers, Casey, Calvin and Dale. I love Dale's character, he is the geek u can't get enough of, the guy with the extreme ideas and values. Calvin is the cute, cool guy who was the popular guy and now just wants to stand by the sidelines.
    I love how Evan is not a complete jerk, but has his good features, and we hated him in the beginning but now he is being the good guy. The same goes for Rebecca, she is not the big b**** but a survival b****. Ashley is great, I love her obsession with shopping and how innocent she is.
    And last but not least, Cappie ROCKS! I think he is the best, he is the one who stands out from the whole cast. Whatever he tries to pull off, he looks great!
  • Greek the name says it all or does it? The story of Rusty a geek who adds the "R" to be Greek by pledging to a fraternity called Kappa Tau. Pledging changes Rusty's life in a way that he would never have imagined. There are more than academics to learn.

This show is a must for everyone. Spencer Grammer and Jacob Zachar who play sister and brother Casey and Rusty Cartwright bring a believable chemistry to their roles that define sibling rivalry. Like all good brothers and sisters blood is thicker than water and Casey and Rusty have their quality moments of support and love. The supporting cast of Scott Foster (Cappie), Jake McDorman (Evan), Amber Stevens (Ashleigh), and many others, will have you cheering for the underdogs. My Beer Pong trophy is still on the mantle, so don't miss out on this 3rd season of Greek. You still have time to cram.
  • This basically the story of a group of adults who are members of fraternities and their everyday challenges and struggles.

The story basically starts with a young man Rusty who happens to be a geek and also wants to rush into a fraternity. The story revolves around the lives of nine students who attend Cyprus Rhodes University.They are Rusty the geek who wants to enter a fraternity,Casey,Rusty's sister who is the next in line to be the head of the ZBZ,Cappie the crazy guy who happens to be Casey's ex but is still in love with her ,Evan Casey's present boyfriend,Ashleigh,Casey's bestfriend,Frannie the leader of the ZBZ,Rebecca the rich Senator's daughter who later falls in love with Cappie and they and they actually date she also pledges the ZBZ,Calvin Rusty's friend who is gay and pledges for the Omega Chi's and Dale the born again who thinks the greek system leads to damnation in hell. Basically a great show the characters are well chosen for their parts and it contains a good storyline,Kudos to the cast and crew for a pleasureable show.Hi 5!
  • College. It's a rush.

Rusty Cartwright has been a nerd for his entire life. He decides it's time to have fun when he starts college. So, he rushes, and finds Kappa Tau Gamma. Meanwhile, Casey Cartwright is at the top of the social ladder, and is trying to climb even higher and get the Zeta Beta Zeta presidency. After her boyfriend, Evan Chambers, has sex with the legacy, senator's daughter, Rebecca Logan, she gets back at him by having sex with Kappa Tau president and ex-boyfriend, Cappie. A love triangle forms. From here, the series follows Rusty, Casey, Cappie, Evan, Rebecca, and more. But there are any more surprises. I just described the start.
  • Clichéd, poorly acted, and totally un-original.

A truly awful and cliché show, that's exactly what Greek is .

Reasons why Greek is so incredibly awful .

1. It's totally cliché .
    2. The acting is absolutely atrocious .
    3. The plot line's are totally un-original .
    4. It's predictable .
    5. The script's are absolutely terrible. Some of the worst, ever.

I watched this show because I usually like bad shows, but this show was too bad, even for me. Please, stay away from this piece of crap at all cost. It's by far, the worst show on TV, as of now, and probably one of the worst shows to ever on TV, EVER.
  • Greek is a show all about college students in fraturnities. Very interesting, and extremely eye catching.

Greek is one of the most awesome shows I've ever watched. Everytime it's on, I am right there making sure I don't miss a minute of it. It keeps me interested with it's characters, and how well they act. In my opinion, this show is good for people at the age of 15-25, because it really relates to their everyday lives. Greek is a show about kids in fraturnities, which makes them able to drink and do whatever they want; that keeps viewers interested. There is a lot of mischief and kaniving on Greek, and that is personally why I like it; so I figure it's probably why other people enjoy it as well.
  • Greek is about greek life in college. College students living their lives to the fullest, trying to surpass the stress and drama.

This is a wonderful television program that is shown on abc family. It's funny, yet I also find it helpful. It teaches teenagers about college life and experiences. It also gives an understanding of how to keep your life in control when you're overwhelmed and stessed out. I love this show, and I highly suggest anyone and everyone to watch it. It's the only show that I always make sure that I make time for during my week. When I first started watching this show I was very impressed by the actors. They were all people I had never seen in other tv programs. They do a great job at making the show eventful and interesting.
  • A show to end all shows!

This show is simply amazing!!! It's creative, witty & and all around fun watch. I have literally become addicted to it. It makes me wish that I had rushed a sorority, or actually gone to a university that had a real greek system. I would DEFINITELY recommend Greek to my friends! The only downfall is that it's on ABC family which not everyone has access to, but fear not, CTV & Much Music have recently started to air episodes from season one so Canada can now enjoy all the glory that is Greek...KAPPA TAU GAMMA!!!!! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do..:-)
  • A great show that has everything a teen/collage based ahow should with an excellent sense of comedy and drama. It also gives you a great insight into the ways and means of the Greek system. A must see for everyone.

Over a short space of time Greek has steadily become one of my favourite shows of the present day. It just has everything that I look for in any show that I watch, mostly a good balance of comedy and drama that really help boost the atmosphere and realism of the show.

I live the UK, and have only had Greek on for a short while but, straight after watching the pilot, I found myself wanting to know what happens next. So I watched episode 2 online and after that just couldn't stop. And after a short space of time I found myself being hooked and now I wait anxiously week in week out for the next episode.

One of the main reason for me getting hooked was the characters, there was just such a diverse group that you easily relate to them all in different ways but, still some more than others. After just a short while, I fell in love with the character of Cappie not, because I see myself being just like him because I'm more like a mix between Rusty and Calvin. But because, you could see that there was two sides to him the one who loves to party and do the conventional collage stuff but, there was also the more sensitive side. I also, love Casey, Spencer Grammer is just great I loved her on 'As The World Turns' and it's just great to see her in a very different role. The whole aspect of the Greek System really attracted me as well because, of the way that it was incorporated in the show. Because, by the way that it's been made the sole focus of the show it really helped you get an understanding of what it was all about. And , also you were able to feel as though you were joining one of the houses when watching it. Personally, I like to see myself as one of the KT and ZBZ's.

In my opinion Greek is just a really great show, that has something to offer everyone. Whether, you like comedy shows or teen centred drama's Greek has it. It's a must see and I'd definitely recommend it to all.
  • This show is about college life and living in the greek system. It shows the bonds of sisterhood and brotherhood and all the drama and backstabbing that goes on.

This show is really entertaining. Rusty and Casey are complete opposites, yet their brother sister relationship is really loving and sweet at times. It really has gotten stronger over the course of the show which is very realistic. Also the backstabbing and drama and cattiness involved in Greek is very realistic. Many may think that it is far fetched, but it happens. Also Cappie is extremely funny. He is wise in his own way and always is entertaining. The characters really progress and grow in Greek which is realistic as the age and learn from their mistakes. Also this isn't the typical show about college life. It has a really realistic feel. Greek is really well written and the viewer can feel like they are close with the characters.
  • i love that this is a college drama, and that it DIDNT start out in highschool!!!

love this show, and how its about gollege kids(albeit a very limitid amount of college kids) it gives the writers a wider slection of storylines to choose from as opposed to other teen/highschool dramas!! the characters are VERY likeable, and the ones that you arnt supposed to like, you dont, its as simple as that. also its great that the characters have a backhistory, that way there is more to explore. think cappie might be my favourite character, although rusty is a close second. the one character i dont understand ir rebecca logan, as far as i know the actress that plays is pakistani born but the character on the show has a white father, is she half n'half, or is she adopted????
  • cool kind of fraternities and sororities...

as i've written on my blog, the fraternities and sororities that we have back home isn't the same as portrayed in this series. infact, they are complete opposites except for the competition but unlike back home the quest for being the number one frat turns ugly, deadly in fact. so when i first heard about this show, i wasn't really that interested until i started watching...

the story is awesome. they tackle different issues from love, family, friendship, fiendship and of course loyalty. the fun of being young and the worries attached to it is well played. greek changed my view on fraternities. i just wish that the same discipline, brotherhood and camaraderie exist back home but since it doesn't, i'm glad i didn't join any frat.
  • Greek?! First when I heard about it sounded ridiculous, but after the first sezon I can't wait for the second

I was very pleasantly surprised at how the show was able to give the viewer the satisfaction of identifying the ever-familiar characters of this genre, but it was also able to add depth to the characters. Greek life isn't just about parties and petty conflict. Although those things happen within Greek Life, they also happen in any other social or professional circle throughout a person's life. To characterize it as some exclusive experience to those in a Greek Organization would be false. Most of the story lines and situations taking place in Greek can and do take place everywhere, in every circle of friends, on sports teams, in real life. But I've watched both episodes and my "little sister" whom I'm still very close to and I have spent both episodes laughing and being reminded of how they've truly captured the spirit of our college years and experiences.
  • "Greek" is a cross between "Animal House" and "Freaks and Geeks."

The show focused on the lives of a group of students at the fictional Cyprus-Rhoades University as they tried to cope with the challenges of the Greek life. Rusty Cartwright (Jacob Zachar) is trying to live the dream by joining the school's fraternity while his sister Casey (Spencer Grammer) is the president of the sorority. In addition to having a youthful and talented ensemble cast, the show also took a deep look at the dark side of college by tackling some serious issues, including homosexuality. While most teen dramas like "Gossip Girl" and "One Tree Hill" were all about the drama, "Greek" is all about the humor and the energy and we should know the fans are gonna love this show, because it's definitely the one to watch.
  • This show is about a super social sister and her anti-social brother who are both dealing with living the Greek life in college. The series focuses on a group of college students in and out of the fraternity and sorority system at a campus.

When I saw the trailer, I became curious about the series so I started watching the episodes weekly. It was funny, had drama, and other life issues that came with being in a fraternity that might or might not be true in real life. Plus,I enjoy watching this series and I can't wait until the new season comes around because I am interested in see what happens next. To anyone who has not seen this series I suggest you see it if you think you might be curious about the show. The series airs on ABC Family Channel and can see some of the episodes on the network's website.
  • Who'd think that a show like this can grow on me from "abysmal" to "give me more!"...?

Okay, I admit that I was TOTALLY wrong about "Greek". I thought it was just another teen-lovesexalkohol-drama not worth any minute of my precious time, but I gotta take it back. Absolutely. I not only changed my mind, but also made friends with most of the characters. Even the ones you need to hate at the beginning, somehow thanks to all the strange things that happen make you like them at least a bit, and then you just start treating them like your actual mates, friends or... whatever.
    Watching "Greek" makes me want to join a sorority (or a fraternity, even more, haha), but unfortunately there's no such thing where I am to study...
    I think that the plot was believable which is important for me. Just a tasty bit of a campus life which I'd gladly love to try myself. Looking forward to S2!
    Oh, by the way, Rebecca is one of the greatest jades on tv like... ever! :)
< 1 2 3 4