Greek

ABC Family (ended 2011)

Gold_Ruby

Greek Fan Reviews page 3 of 4

• BEST SHOW EVER!!! Honestly the "freshest" new show I have seen in a while!

When I first saw the trailer for this show I was excited, however I was skeptical as to whether or not it would live up to it's appealing previews. Fortunately I was not disappointed. This show not only lived up to my expectations, but blew the lid off of them! The cast has a wonderful chemistry, the set is magnificent, and the reality is blissful! I can't imagine if this show was better! I hope to see much more from the creators of this show and, I hope that ABC Family produces more HITS!!! like this!

Props to ALL those involved! GOOD JOB!!!
  • An insight into Greek life at college, "Greek" is a fun-loving representation of the happenings in a sorority or fraternity.

When seeing commercials for this show on ABC Family, I didn't give it a second thought. I thought to myself, "Why would I choose to watch a show about the stereotypes of Greek life?". It seemed as if it had been done before. However, then I came across the free Pilot episode on iTunes, and thought I'd give it a try. That ended up leading me to one of the most worthwhile shows that I've seen in a long time. Though the show is very fun-loving and lighthearted, that is its appeal. There's no need to look for underlying meanings or trickery, and it makes for a very enjoyable show. Rusty is a lovable little "dork" in the Honors Engineering program that decides to pledge to a fraternity. He seeks to better his relationship with his sister, Casey, who belongs to the most prestigious sorority on campus. Evan, Casey's cheating boyfriend, proves to be an interesting character. He always does something frustrating or horrible at the beginning of the episode, but somehow redeems himself toward the end. He's an antagonist that sometimes switches to protagonist, making for an interesting storyline. Cappie, the President of the "slackers" fraternity and Casey's first love, brings hilarity to the show as he tries to win Casey back and establishes himself as Rusty's "big brother" to show him the ropes. This show is most definitely worth watching, and if you're looking for a little fun and a few laughs, I'd strongly recommend catching an episode.
  • omg..this wk's ep was awesome!!!!

i luved how casey was finally admitting her feelings for cappie. they just have great chemistry.it broke my heart at the end when casey went back with evan. you could see through cappie's eyes that he really does love her. i just luved how they showed us what the relationship between cappie and casey was like before the show began.

why cant casey just admit that she loves cappie too. i personally loved the line where casey asks cappie what does he want to be in 10 years and he replies i want to be with you. luv cappie!!! that was so sweet. i hope they get together soon.
  • This is a great show with great actors. This is a great summer series and im glad they made it up.Keep it going abc family.Good job.

This is a great show and i am happy they made is.This is such a great show for kids going in to high school and going into college.You can learn alot if you pay attention. I think the cast is great.The drama and comedy mix is funny to watch.They main charcters all have a little bit of drama with the same person.I like how they handle it or how they dont handle but pretend to make it better.The couples are just to funny. They have the fans against the charcters.They definatly need to keep this show 100%.This is the best show of the summer.
  • Not necessarily indicative of the Greek system as a whole, but then again, who ever said that it was a documentary?

Greek is my black horse of the summer and new television year. It's something that popped onto my radar for obvious reasons: I went through rush in my day, the cast looked great, and the commercials really did their job to hook me in [a certain line about 'knowing Casey in the biblical sense, for example]. I held my reservations since the show was on ABC Family, but in the end, that wasn't even an issue.

Well written for the most part, I've become thoroughly impressed with the arcs and character development thus far. There have been a few moments where I've cringed over a writer's attempt to be new-agey and funny (the scene from "Liquid Courage," for example, in which Ashleigh goes through the 'picture everyone in their underwear' line was hideous), but for the most part, it's been consistent. The character of Cappie has really been the highlight of the show, pulling speeches from popular films to motivate and warn his men in times of "imminent peril." He's the quintessential frat guy: sweet talking, forked tongue and a limitless slew of comebacks and one liners. His attempt to re-woo Casey has become a focal point of the show, and is also one of the most enjoyable.

The main character of Rusty, who's going for the traditional college experience is probably the most boring of the entire cast, but it's through his proverbial looking glass that we maintain a sense of cynicism about this whole thing -- no small thanks due to his roommate Dale. It's taken some people a while to warm up to the devoutly devoted Southerner, but I loved that character from the start. Always playing for Rusty and his "blasphemous ways," I look forward to his bits ever week.

The soap opera romance of Rusty's sister and her antagonist boyfriend Evan is something that's both intriguing and alarming. They've set up this great animosity between all parties involved, leaving fans hoping against all odds for Cappie to come out the victor, but I fear it's going to suffer from the "Friends Syndrome," where we're left waiting for the series finale in hope. That wouldn't bode well with me.

We've got the drama that comes with being in college, the comedy that comes with being in the Greek system, and all the crap in between. In the end, it's the comedy that wins out, though there's a little bit of something for everyone. You've got the prototypical loser in Rusty, the underdog pimp of true Animal House proportions in Cappie, the constantly distressed damsel in Casey, the evil overlord in Evan, the conflicted and closeted gay dude in a house full of guys in Calvin, the whore of Babylon in Rebeca -- it's just a recipe for disaster, or in the case of television: the recipe for success.

Here's to seeing where this goes.
  • a good drama for teeanagers that shows the fun and wacky side of a college.

all the characters in this show are wonderful! all their personalities just make the show a hit! the story plot has real potential, it shows the life of one unsocial guy, rusty, as he joins a fraternity and all the craziness that comes with it. and then there is rusty's sister, casey, who is the president of her sororiety. she has th perfect life, boyfriend, and sororiet, untiol her brother comes and she becomes known as "his sister" i love watching this show and i cant wait until new episodes premiere on moonday nights. overall a great show and a fun one to watch.
  • This is a hilarious show that follows an awkward Freshman in his quest to become a fun-loving, party-ing, carefree Fraternity brother.

This show is amazing! I've never been in the Greek system but, as i can tell, it portrays it pretty correctly. At least, it portrays it as the steroetypical ideas have made the Greek system appear to be. The writing is fantastic and the actors are extremely believeable. Twists are put in here and there and a romantic love triangle has already been established (even after only a few episodes). This can show you how fastly they can put drama into the plot. The characters are hilarious, and the main characters are very loveable. All in all, it's a great "mature" show with partying, competition and FUN!
  • It's got all the cliches that I loathe...and yet it remains very entertaining.

7.8
    I guess I started watching Greek because I had just gotten out of college. When I look back, this show makes me regret not going to fraternity and sorority parties more. Hell, I wouldve joined a sorority for sure if it was more like how it was on the show. Yeah I know the show is fiction!

The characters and their situations are cliched but it's quite enjoyable. I think it's because you have Rusty diving straight into an experience that is completly foreign to him (the frat kind) and we as an audience get to follow along with him as he exploring many things for the first time. I dont care much for all the romantic/rivarly stuff going on with his sister but I still follow along anyway.

Despite all the cliche characters (Calvin is the least cliche of all the characters) and storylines, the show will often treat us with unexpected plot twists or "screw you" moments where you think one thing is obviously gonna happen but the completly opposite/unexpected occurs. These twists were very present in the floor hockey episode.
  • Uneven usually well written college fantasy.

7.4
    Too many corny moments and cliché characters to be considered GOOD, but it is fun.
    It feels too much like a cross between "The OC" and "Freaks and Geeks" to be original. Its trying to have it both ways. Maybe you don't know what I mean...
    Also the floor hockey episode, this Friday night, (Monday 7/30, too) was disrupted by a ridiculous, awkward, badly integrated promo for that new movie "Hot Rod". Real bad. Anyway, its hard for me to get TOO excited about this show – too many slick, over produced shows are beating out better, cruder, braver, creative stuff. The Gay angle is pretty effective and well handled. And a surprise. Its got alot of potential, but needs a little more fire, heart, balls, teeth, honesty.
  • this show is soooooo awesome!!!

at first when i heard about it i wasnt interested. but when i saw the episode with the plain white t's i was totally hooked. i luvvvvv this show. and rusty is soooooooo funny!!! i dont really like evan because he cheated on casey and that wasnt really nice. i also think casey should be with cappie. cappie is like soooooooo nice while evan is a cheater. this show is funny and full of surprizes. every week i cant wait for a new episode. more people should watch it and give it a chance just like i did. this show is truley my new best friend for a summer show.
  • It's okay, nothing great, not bad

6.7
    The show is okay. I was a little skeptical before it came out. I thought, great, another show about snobby, shallow, and stupid people who do nothing but party and get drunk. It's alright now. Rusty is likeable. I can relate to him being shy and nerdy. His roommate is okay because he is a decent person who practices abstinance. I don't detest the other characters, but I don't feel for them either. Example, I don't care that Casey's boyfriend cheated on her. I probably would if she weren't so snobby or shallow, or if she didn't "forget" to mention she had a younger brother. Don't care if Calvin is gay Cappie still cares for Casey, or if that Ashley person misses her boyfriend. Some of the topics do irk me, like crazy parties, drinking, and sex as a casual activity. I do like how it portrays Greek life in college, though. It's entertaining, and I watch it if nothing else is on.
  • A show about life in fraternities.

I finally got the chance to watch two episodes of Greek that I had recorded on DVR, and I have to say that after watching it, I absolutely love it! Greek is such a good show, and I think that it's extremely funny. I think that all of the characters are very interesting, well written and funny. At the moment my two favorite characters on the show are Cappy and Calvin. They are really, really funny, and the actors who play them play the parts so well. All in all, I think that Greek is a really great show. I'm so glad that Greek has been renewed for a second season. I will definitely keep watching it, and I hope that they release the first season of Greek on DVD so I catch up on the episodes that I missed.
  • Greek follows the anti-social college freshman, Rusty, through his transition into college life and its lifestyle of hardcore partying and his knowledge gained through his experiences.

This is one of the better shows to come out recently. One of the things that this show seems to do better than others is it acknowledges social concerns of today's world. Very few shows do that. Some of the immediate response to this show has been very negative because it shows Greek Life negatively, but if you look beyond the surface level, there is a level that addresses things such as alcoholism, homosexuality, sex and virginity. Because this show addresses these issues when society is still apprehensive to speak of such issues, this show is obviously ahead of its time.
  • A SWEET show about college greek life focusing on a sister and her adorable younger brother.

I saw the previews for this show on abc fam and thought it was pretty cool, kinda because the song [our time now -plain white Ts] is one of my favorite songs. Then I actually watched the show and it was fabulous! Rusty, a naive freshman, is simply trying to juggle fraternity life and his classes. His sister, Casey has her own problems in her sorority and ex-boyfriend and such. Thtoughout the episodes, Casey and Rusty become closer as siblings and friends and its soo cute. The show has good storylines and the unique characters make it incredibly funny. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
  • With a colorful cast of characters, a surprisingly accurate and amusing portrayal of college life, and storylines with loads of potential, Greek may very well become the hit show of the summer.

ABC Family continues to show off its edginess with an addicting new dramedy portraying life on a college campus. The show follows the story of Rusty Cartwright (Jacob Zachar), a geeky freshman entering college on an engineering scholarship, in search of the “real college experience.” Much to the dismay of his perky, socialite of a sister, Casey Cartwright (Spencer Grammer), Rusty attends rush with the goal of joining a fraternity and making his own mark. Casey, on the other hand, tries to maintain her own social status as a sorority president hopeful, while at the same time juggling her cheating jock of a boyfriend and her good-hearted, but overly geeky brother. Trust me, the show is really far more entertaining than it sounds. Think Friday Night Lights meets Gilmore Girls with just a touch of Freaks and Geeks … but significantly funnier and more charming. A great mix of comedy and storytelling makes this easily the best original series that ABC Family has to offer, with no offense to Kyle XY.
  • An experience you have been waiting eighteen years to experience. That's how Freshman Rusty feels about his coledge life. He starts off his colege life hanging with the dorks on campuse but in no time at all he got himself exactly what he was looking for.

As a high school student the one thing I am looking forward to is coledge, and this show is giving me and exciting look at what i'm going to experience. Rusty was a kid like me who knew what coledge was suppose to be like. the characters in this show are believable, they're not your average TV personalties, there relationsion ships are change but in the sametime grow stronger with each experience. When i watch this show i can get lost in it because this show is so real. I love how this show captures the true essence of what every person thinks of coledge. I would never miss an episode, and I've already gotten three people to watch this show and they agree with how i feel.
  • Rusty goes to college hoping to have a new start.His sister caseys goes to the same collage and is having boy promblems since the senators daughter has joined her sorority.Rusty happens to be a pledge in caseys ex boyfriend fraternity.Colloge. Its a Rush.

Greek has become my new addiction.The show makes me laugh non stop, yet it manages to draw me in with the drama. Rusty is so adorable. Like someone already said hes gonna be the next seth cohen but more nerdier. And I cant wait to see if cappie and casey get back together. I think they are so cute.The shows mix of comedy and drama will most likely draw you in. ABC family has got a future favorite in their hands.I definatley recomend it. Oh and if you miss an episode you can watch it on abc on fridays. Great Show.
  • A once-nerdy guy decides that he wants to pledge a fraternity, despite his disapproving sister's wishes. The show chronicles his misadventures, as well as his relationships with the people around him.

GREEK has the potential to be a great show, but as of right now it is mediocre at best. However, the potential it has is what keeps me tuned in, hoping to see it break out and realize itself.

One of the show’s major assets is the cast, especially the main character Rusty. A lovable and charming nerd, he pledges Kappa Tau in order to “have a real college experience.” Rusty is a warm and lovable character; his charm is irresistible and keeps viewers wanting more of him. His awkwardness and willingness to break out of his shell is something most people can relate to. Rusty’s interactions with the people in his life are also very entertaining, especially with Kappa Tau president Cappie, his sister Casey, and his roommate Dale.

However, the show is bogged down tremendously by its writing. It practically uses every cliché about the Greek system, and that’s only after two episodes. It also uses every negative stereotype about the Greek system, like fraternity men are all meatheads and sorority women are all cunning and trampish. For a show that professes to show the true side of Greek life, GREEK sure uses a lot of sweeping generalizations. And admittedly, some are true. Most of them, however, are false.

Another area where the area is lacking is in realism. The show presents many inconsistencies between itself and the real world. Even going into the show accepting that there would be some exaggerations and inconsistencies, I still could not get over it. There seems to be more inaccuracies than truths.

Though the writing truly drags the show down, it is saved somewhat because the show’s heart is in the right place. The themes about brotherhood, juggling fraternity obligations with other school obligations, and strained relationships are all very real, and all very relatable. It’s what keeps me watching; that and the fact that the show could potentially break out of its cliché-fest and truly become an accurate portrayal about Greek life in college.
  • This show makes college life interesting!

This show is about a super social sister and her anti-social brother who are both dealing with living the Greek life in college. The series focuses on a group of college students in and out of the fraternity and sorority system at a campus. Set at the fictitious Cyprus-Rhodes University, which focuses on the social minefield that is the Greek system. We will see the characters through this treacherous terrain as they try to find their place at this University or one of the Greek houses such as "Slacker" Cappie's house or "It Girl" Casey's house.

I adore this new series from abcfamily. It's so fun to watch this show and get in a few good laughs. Cappie is definately the eye candy on this show and i can't wait to get more backstory about his relationship with casey . Calvin's storyline is very interesting and i was surpirsed to find out that he may be gay dale is something else but it is very funny to watch, he's not annoying at all, same thing with rebecca logan, who i love to hate, this is a great show that i look forward to watching every week!
  • This show is hilarious

• The little engine that could. This is becoming quite a hit and I think Rusty is the next Seth Cohen.

I was thinking "Not another OC, we already had one" But Greek is an interesting show. It is funny, dramatic, and intelligent. You gotta have some nerds that are funny. Rusty steals the show and in my opnion is the next Seth Cohen. His sister is kinda a **** but she'll support Rusty like a big sister should. The fraternities there are nicer than most of them but that's because they believe in brotherhood. I like to see that. And ok yeah the beer pong is really funny. I think Greek is gonna be a big hit, is it Emmy worth yet, I'm not sure. I hope the show grows and finds that cult audiance The OC had and people love it. Stay tuned, this will get interesting.
  • This show makes me wish my college had Sororities and Fraternities.

I really like the fact that this show presents a brother and a sister dealing with college life. It's entertaining, funny, the story line seems good. It's not only drama and school related stuff, but also how the relationship between these 2 siblings is slowly starting to grow. My brother and I can easily relate to the show, only that I'm the anti-social one and he's the social butterfly.
  • a very good about a younger brother and a older sister in college going through the greek system the brother is a pledge while his sister is a junior in a sority

A very good written show. Its shows how a alot of kids go thourgh the greek system in college. Its also shows the peer pressure on the students and how sororities put pledges through initiation. The other important part of this show is the relationship between Rusty and his sister Casey. Casey who is the oldest does not want really want to hang out with her younger brother Rusty but when Rusty sees and tells Casey's boyfriend cheating on her she sees an different side of her brother and decides to get closer to her brother. A very good show. Plus it has a very hot Spencer Grammer on it whay else do you need
  • rusty is a cute freshman who is faced with college everyday problems

i thought that it was an amazing show. Rusty is a role model but at the same time a nerd. i loved loved loved lovedloved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved loved this show
  • As a teacher of college Freshman at an Indiana University and a college alum myself, this show is dead on in a lot of its characterizations. If you want to see a good look inside what rush is really like at a college university, watch this show!

As I said, I have taught college Freshman for about 10 years now and am an alum of the college at which I teach. This show is so dead on with the characters. You have the techy smart kind of geeky main character, Rusty who is not as smart when it comes to how life works who has the ultra popular sorority girl sister who goes to the same school (ironically I can really identify with Rusty! I was kinda nerdy in college and my younger sister went to the same school I did and was the ultra popular sorority girl :) ) and doesn't acknowledge his existence. Also, there is Rusty's mega religious roomate which is also a very true characterization! The best part of this show is how it characterizes life inside and outside the fraternities and sororities: how the fraternities try to hide the rush parties from the school's administration especially the underage drinking, the way the fraternity brothers celebrate whenever one of them gets a girl to stay overnight and even how fraternity guys explore homosexuality is looked at in this show in a funny and irreverant way. On the sorority side, we see how political the girls are and how the different sororities compete for certain rushees (I'm sure the fraternity side of this will be looked at as well). The absolute funniest line of this episode was when the sorority president says to Rusty's sister, Casey, and the other girls of the sorority "Ok girls let's go to the old folks home and spread some sorority cheer to the elderly" followed by "HAHAHA yeah right, are you kidding! Let's party!" This was funny because fraternities and sororities always like to downplay their party aspect and up the reputation that they are civic minded and helpful (not saying they're not because I know my sister's sorority, Sigma Kappa, did a lot for the community but it was a hilarious line!) Of course there is a soap opera aspect to this show as well with the president of the fraternity Rusty ultimately comes a part of having a previous relationship with his sister Casey, Rusty catching Casey's current boyfriend cheating on her with the very girl Casey has been assigned as a "get" for the sorority but these aspects will help to keep the show interesting from week to week. The show is a good mix of comedy and drama and I look forward to it following the freshman year or Rusty and everyone around him. I think if you were a fan of Felicity and how it followed the college lives of many eclectic characters, you will like this show a lot!
  • A very good show, good theme, great support cast, but the main character that plays Rusty really drags the show to the bottom of the sea.

Greek, basically shows a guy straigh from "Freaks and Geeks" trying to get into a fraternity, the story is mildy interesting, but the character and actor that portrays it, is just awful.

The guy is something of a judgmental self-righteous fool, who spends the entire time looking retarded and making us wonder why would anyone wanna spend time with him, much less invite him to your fraternity.

The support cast is pretty good actually, the stories are somewhat 'forced' but good, however the writing and dialogues are filled with cliches.

I doubt I'll watch it again, It has potential but definitely needs some fine-tuning and definitely a recast.
  • A naive college freshman finds himself waist deep in social building as he joins a fraternity.

I thought It seemed like another teenage soap opera at first glance, an O.C. rip-off or the like, but just by watching the characters interact, I fell in love with the show. The plot may not be filled with mind boggling twists, but that way, it's easier to get to know the cast better. The acting is well-executed and clean, with a fast and witty script. The moral of the story is simple, but well delivered. The main character, Rusty, may be a social novice, but his view on the world is therefore untainted by social hierarchy and nonsensical traditions. Watch the show, if for anything, the characters.
  • Pretty Good.

I liked this show mainly because of the main character. His name is Rusty. And, he's real sweet, and likeable. This show is very appealing to the younger crowd. Personally, if you get to show the relationship a bit more of the brother and sister, than this will be a hit. I'll sure be tuning in to watch the next episode. I just hope the sister finally dumps her boyfriend, and realizes that after she graduates from college. It won't matter if you ran your soreity house. It just won't matter. But who knows. I guess I'll just have to tune in and see.
  • I LOVED THIS SHOW

Greek is going to be a very poupler show because it mixes up comdey and drama on a college campes and how a knowbody becomes poupler at a party. Greek is going to be a classic show in the future I'm going to follow the show until the last episode.
  • how did ABC family put out a show like this? they basically ripped off "undeclared" and put it in a greek setting with some kind value system that is bizarre beyond measure. no reason to care about anyone on this show.

3.8
    this was pointless. appaerntly the only way to have fun in college is to join the greek system? while there were funny (very) low key hints to bulimia, drugs, and other disorders, there simply weren't enough of them. all archetypes are here! stupid slacker with a heart of gold that was dumped by the "hot" ambitious sorority girl who is dating the rich semi-douche. don't forget the nerdy brother trying to fit in with a different crowd. it's pathetic. the only redeeming characters were the "hick" friend and the gay black friend. not funny and completely pointless. DO NOT WATCH.
1 2 3 4