Greek

ABC Family (ended 2011)

Gold_Ruby

Greek Fan Reviews page 4 of 4

• I think it may be a good summer series.

So far I like it, It's funny, and smart, and cute. Of course I already have my favorite characters and the not like characters, I like Rusty, I do not like Evan. I kinda like the sister but I don't know about her for sure yet. Theres not much more to say I guess. I don't really understand about the girl who slept with Evan, I don't get why Casey has got to be nice to her, I love Cappie, and I like the Frat house that Rusty picked. but yea that's just about it, I guess. . . .
  • Loved it!

Ever since I first saw the commercials for this forever ago, I've been dying to see it. When I finally did watch it, I was laughing so hard! The show is so funny and totally worth watching, if it's your style, of course. However, a new show "The Best Years" aired just a week or two ago on the-n, and it has almost the same premise. Group of kids in college. Wow. Not saying that it's bad, either, it's just that I can tell that this is going to be one of those overused setting/premise things, just like the overused "Group of people working in a hospital" premise. But anyway, I can't wait for the next episode!!
  • The pilot episode is centered on a young college freshman named Rusty that has an odd roommate and a sister that sees him as a social liability. He decides that joining a fraternity will be the answer to all the college fun he wants to be experience.

3.1
    This show is horribly unrealistic to Greek college life. Some scenes included huge parties that don't get busted, bar fights that bouncers don't break up, everyone living in mansions with security guards, and students arresting other students. Then the stereotypes surfaced. Sororities filled with snobby, rich, and shallow girls. And of course there has to be the rival fraternities. One filled with upper class, self-centered guys that look like they walked out of a GQ magazine shoot. The other fraternity is the party house filled with the guys who just want to get wasted. This plot is sooooo overdone.
  • Looks like a hopeful new addiction.

I settled in with nothing else to do but flip through the television shows. As I landed on Greek, I thought, "maybe", and continued on my way. With nothing better on, I ended up watching it. Surprisingly, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It gave a twist of serious drama (teen drama) mixed with intelligent humor. I definitely look forward to the much anticapated success this new show has the potential of having. I predict Jacob Zachar, who plays a nerdy Rusty, will end up with loads of fans in love with him, inspite of his dorky ways. Also joining the cast as Rusty's sister Casey, is Spencer Grammer, daughter of actor Kelsey Grammer. Though there was slight promotion of underage drinking, oddly risky for ABC Family, they handled it beautifully at the end with a "Please Drink Responsibly" frame. I look forward to seeing more.
  • Greek has a fresh new take on Frat/Sorority life. Out of all of the shows characters. Scott M. Foster's "Cappie" out shines them all. He may be the campus slacker. But Cappie is adorable, funny & handsome. With a heart, and great fashion sense all his own

The pilot for Greek has set the stage for the show to go many directions. The top main character's are strong. And the take on this right of passage theme. Is not like the kaotic craziness portrayed in the past. You get a deeper view of the each house and the people who pledged them and became "Brother's & sister's for life. It isn't bold and in your face vulgarity. This series tells the story with some class and thought. It's drama and comedy in one. People need to watch it before they make a judgement call.
  • I didn’t expect much from this show and it lived up to my expectation.

4.5
    It wasn’t horrible but I’ve seen this kind of stuff too many times before. It’s mostly boring. I suppose it shows a small amount of potential but not enough to keep me watching. I don’t know what the actual charter for ABC Family is but this show really doesn’t belong on a network that seems to want to promote shows for the whole family. It doesn’t make sense to me that Casey never mentioned having a brother to her sorority sisters during the previous year when Rusty wasn’t there. I’m not sure if it makes sense that Casey ever was with Cappy. I suppose they sat together in a class that was alphabetized by first name. I wonder if Calvin will meet another “Ca”. You could have over 200 characters without having to duplicate the first 2 letters of names. :)
  • plesently suprised.... can't wait for the next episode something different from the same old teen dramas

When only viewing the commercials of Greek I wasn't sure what to expect or if I was even interesed in watching another collage show disaster but I was plesently suprised. The show was different and not too predictable. The jokes were original and the actors weren't too bad on the contrary they were pretty good. If futher episodes are as good as this one I cannot see this show being cancled. All the guys in the show excluding Rusty (the main character) and his dorky room mate the guys are hot and the girls are gorgeous its every collage freshman's dream roled into a show without being too unrealistc. Overall I can't wait for the second episode.
  • you will be suprised...

As I downloaded the pilot episode of "Greek" from itunes, I had low expectations. This type of show has come and gone more times then I can count in recent years. But as I watched this new show, It kept suprising me. I kept on seeing puns being built up and I attempted to predict their outcomes to be unoriginal, but was constantly proved wrong. The funny pick up lines and stupid jokes never crossed my path, but I completly expected them. On the contrary, every minute I was suprised with what I saw, it was good, it kept me interested, kept me watching! So if this show takes off, great, because people would be missing something if they wouldnt watch it. If not though, it will not be because of the predictable plot lines or unoriginal jokes, because there are none! If this show does not take off, it will be because of the lack of first appeal. When people first see the commercials, they will probably thing what I first thought: not another one, this is totally predictable. But give it a chance, you will be suprised. In fact, this show has done a wonderful first step by offering a free pilot episode on itunes, so good job!
  • A show that covers the Greek system at a small college and the characters that are involved in all aspects of the process of joining the Greek system.

This series seems like its going to be a good one! Rusty is a character that many of us can relate to since he is striving to maximize his college experience and to basically have fun. He is also stuck with a weird roommate, which many of us have experienced as well. Casey is kind of a mean sister but shows her heart throughout all of the situations that they have to go through. This series exemplifies the Greek life almost to an exact match and I am sure that many college students will enjoy this series whether they are associated with Greek or not.
1 2 3 4 >