Green Acres Forums

CBS (ended 1971)

Pig Farmer

vidking

[1]Sep 9, 2011
    • level: 5

I understand Mr Ziffle was a pig farmer . Arnold the pig was his pet.... that talked and everyone on the show understood him.... but since Mr . Ziffle was a pig farmer did he not raise pigs to be butchered for food?? I mean that's what pig farmers do don't they???...... that was never talked about on the show..... the only show that comes to me was almost as looney or silly as these people were the Newhart show ........Larry,Darryl, andDarryl would fit in here with these people nicely. ...............hey didn't the douglas's clothes get wet when it rained? thats is so stupid....... and they had to climb the pole in the rain or snow to talk on the phone........were was the bathroom i wonder.....oh never mind!!!............... no bathrooms were allowed on tv at that time.......hey! were was it anyway in the douglas's house?...i don't remember seeing any other room or an outhouse.......

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vidking

[2]Sep 9, 2011

Oh the whole series on on hulu for free i mean it was a few weeks ago ago anyway.

vidking

[3]Sep 9, 2011

http://www.maggiore.net/greenacres/gafaq.asp

this is copied from there >

I recall an episode were Haney was trying to sell Oliver bushel baskets with fake bottoms that where used to smuggle marijuana Haney said. What episode might this may have been?

In episode 152 - Apple picking time (first aired 11/17/70)(TVLand #151)

I did not remember that!

vidking

[4]Sep 9, 2011

What I meant to say is thatArnold the pig was their pet but were the other pigs that Mr. Ziffle raised butchered or sold for butchering? what did Arnold think about?? that?

vidking

[5]Nov 12, 2012

WHY didn't oliver just go to a hardware store & buy a phone cord & a phone & make a extension phone in the house so he wouldn't have to climb the pole? he could had left THAT phone up there so that he could hear it ring outside.......& he could had bought lumber & finnish the CLOSET himself you know so that the clothes wouldn't get rained or snowed on.....and Oh & if he couldn't eat Lisa's food or didn't like it he could have done the cooking himself or teach Lisa to cook...... In the whole series did they EVER go out to eat at a restaurant?....... BUT if they done all of this they wouldprobably say the show wouldn't be funny!