Green Acres Forums

CBS (ended 1971)

Spin-off that never was...

jboone81

[1]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 3
    There is an episode of GA that seems to be a possible pilot for another series. can anyone direct me to the episode?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

onebadjacket

[2]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 2
    hey...did you see "The Ex-Secretary" description? It's the last episode of Green Acres and this could be the one you're referring to...

macheath48

[3]Jan 17, 2007
    • level: 6
    A spin off?  Because CBS was so anxious to dump all of their "rural comedies" (Petticoat Junction, Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Hee Haw), I don't believe there were any active plans for a spin off.

borisbalinkoff

[4]Jan 24, 2007
    • level: 22
    macheath48 wrote:
    A spin off? Because CBS was so anxious to dump all of their "rural comedies" (Petticoat Junction, Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Hee Haw), I don't believe there were any active plans for a spin off.

I think there were two possible pilot eps--"The Ex-Secretary" and "Hawaiian Honeymoon." Neither of these was set in a rural setting, so they might have worked.

jaynashvil

[5]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 91
    :
    I think there were two possible pilot eps--"The Ex-Secretary" and "Hawaiian Honeymoon." Neither of these was set in a rural setting, so they might have worked.

These two were pilots, but for obvious reasons (if you have the misfortune to watch them) they never were picked up. They were not filmed last but aired as the last two episodes of the season. I'm not sure if they were originally conceived to air as part of Green Acres, or if they were kind of shoehorned in after the series had been cancelled and the producers had nothing to lose.

startug

[6]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 23
    The last episode was the worst. They should have made the pilot on that shows screen.