Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Beware My Power (1)

Aired Saturday 10:00 AM Nov 11, 2011 on Cartoon Network

• Good opening

Okay its about time that DC finally made a Green Lantern series. I am really hopping we get to explore more members of the Green lantern Core than in other DC Animated shows. To be honest i am actually quit surprised that Cartoon Network actually allowed for people to be killed or even mentioning the word "Death or getting Killed" instead of defeated like they always do. But awesome opening i have some high expectations for this show even though Young Justice is a pretty amazing show since DC keeps on having the same heroes for almost every show just in a different universe. i hope we get to explore more of the DC Universe planets and aliens with this show. i hope we get to see John Stewart from the Justice League appear in this series.

• Animations a bit dull and I am sooooo bored with Hal Jordan, I cant believe noone else is at this point, but the show looks promising, I just wonder how long they are going to push this lost in space storyline.

It is weird that the Lanterns need a flying machine since they can get around just fine by themselves, It makes me wonder if BatImp was right on the recently aired finale of Batman the brave and the bold, where he said that uneeded vehicles and costumes are just ploys by the toy companies to get kids in the stores, but hurts the show simultaniousely. I LIKED the Red Lantern story and hope to see more of them, I just hope they show the origions of the other Earth Lanterns like Jon Stewart. I would definately tune in for that. All in all though decent premiere I will give the show half a season beforemaking my final judgement of it. My final thought is that the animation is nowhere on par w/ the clone wars CGI animation.

• this show seems promising from the look of it

I'm not gonna review part 2 of this episode since it was along with part 1 so im just gonna review this episode on here as a whole. I thought the show looked stupid when i saw the trailer just cuz the animation looked really crappy but after actually watching it it seems like its gonna be really good. The fights were really cool and it was just how green lantern should be, i like the voice actor for hal jordan since he just fits the part. The show actually seemed intense to me and yeah hopes the show continues being awesome

• I admit it, I was sceptical, but it's been years since I've been this ecstatic about a series premiere, I loved it.

When it comes to television, DC knows what they're doing, Batman: The Brave and the Bold was fantastic fun, Young Justice is still good and now we have a new outstanding DC show in Green Lantern: The Animated Series. This makes up for the live action disappointment, which was okay when it should've been mind-blowing. I'll just say it, this is probably the best first episode of any DC show since "On Leather Wings". It really caught me by surprise, because frankly, I wasn't very interested in it, I thought the CG looked way to simplistic and stiff, and Young Justice looks amazing with traditional animation, so I questioned this choice to go CG. Sam Register said this series needed to be CG because Ninja Turtles and some other shows are or is going CG, that's a dumb argument, but after watching this, I loved it. Sure, the CG isn't very detailed, but it grew on me, this is definitely a Bruce Timm series, the characters look clean and slick, it has that unmistakable look, and it doesn't need to be super detailed, because the action scenes are amazing, we get some awesome fighting between Hal Jordan and Killowog against Zillius Zox and Razer, or Razor like in Swat Kats, I'm not entirely sure how it's spelled. Voice acting was phenomenal as well, Josh Keaton is an excellent Hal, the always magnificent Kevin Michael Richardson is superb as Killowog and Tom Kenny is funny and creepy as the slimy Zillius Zox. The first part has excellent pacing, great action, some witty dialogue, I can't say that I laughed, I did a couple of times in part 2 though, a feat Young Justice has yet to accomplish. This is an excellent start to a new series that has tremendous amounts of potential. I didn't expect to like it that much, but I ended up loving it.