Green Lantern: The Animated Series Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Cold Fury (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Feb 4, 2013
    • level: 101
    Well, since TV.com staff is discontinuing the review/thread for discussion of the series...

Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 2/2/13 episode "Cold Fury" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jwgrlrrajn

[2]Feb 12, 2013
    • level: 23
    Cold Fury. Great episode. Aya's reaction to Razer's dismissal was so sad (and appropriate too, because it kind of reminded me of a blue screen of death). Well, you know they say. "Nice job breaking it, hero."

Can't wait to see what they do in light of the episode's conclusion.

RaizenYusuke

[3]Feb 16, 2013
    • level: 28
    Aya becoming the main villain of the season was genuinally surprising. The first time the Anti-Monitor was featured in a Animated series and the writers threw a bus at him and had one of their heroes take his place and power. It was great. Hal trying to explain/teach Aya the facts of life was hilarous, heart warming, and sad at the same time. It sucks this series was cancelled. I was looking forward to where they would take the series. They introduced the Red Lantern, Star Sapphires, Blue Lanterns, and judging from up coming sneak peaks, Agent Orange will appear as well. I was interested in how they would deal with Sinestro's fall from grace and his founding of the Sinestro Crops.

jwgrlrrajn

[4]Feb 18, 2013
    I'm beginning to think that people should just stop making superhero cartoons until they learn how to keep them airing for at least three seasons and/or 65 episodes.

A memorial to all the superhero shows I've seen that were cancelled before their time:

***SPOILER***
    Seriously though, I would have liked to see what they might have done with the Guardians harnessing the green energy for themselves again.

RaizenYusuke

[5]Feb 25, 2013
    • level: 28

It is hard to get 65 episodes promised to you. A network wants to know if a show can get a strong following before they start making a commitment like 65 episodes right off the back. It sucks superhero shows like Green Lantern and Young Justice are getting canned. CN hasn't been trying to market the shows though either. If they showed reruns on the week day when kids get off of school they could have worked to building up the audience.

jwgrlrrajn

[6]Feb 27, 2013
    Yeah, it's definitely a case of being screwed by the network. It's a miracle that Young Justice lasted two seasons what with all the random mid-season breaks they took. And of course, to add insult to injury, they didn't really advertise when new episodes were going to start up again, so yeah...