Green Lantern: The Animated Series Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Official Discussion Thread: Dark Matter (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Mar 15, 2013
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the last episode, "Dark Matter", to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RaizenYusuke

[2]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 28
    Great finale in all of its bittersweetness. They save Aya only for her to have to sacrifice herself to cleanse her sins. Razer loses her, but instead of giving into despair he hopes she is still alive and it attracts a blue ring. The writers did a excellent job. It was a first GL series and it did an excellent job. If the movie hadn't done so bad I think this show might have gone on longer and gotten a toy deal.

jwgrlrrajn

[3]Mar 17, 2013
    • level: 23
    I know, this was an awesome series. I wish it could have gone on longer. Don't get me wrong, season one was great, but it's been my experience with most DC cartoons that the second season always trumps the first.

I really would have liked to see where they would have gone with a second season. What with the possibility of Razer being a Blue Lantern, I wish they could have continued with that thread.

By the way, anyone besides me think Razer's heading to the Star Sapphire planet so he can use their teleporter to find Aya?

RaizenYusuke

[4]Mar 23, 2013
    I didn't consider that. That could have been a real possiblity considering the Star Sapphires powers to teleport people to their true love. Without the ship it will take Razer a very long time to get their under his own power.

jwgrlrrajn

[5]Mar 26, 2013
    By the way, given that the Green Lanterns apparently have their old weakness to yellow in this series (or at least, those yellow crystals), that means it's possible that Parallax is currently living inside the Green Lantern central battery. If that's the case, do you suppose Aya might have been made with a fraction of Parallax's life force instead of Ion's (or possibly even a little of both)?

LordGrievous

[6]Mar 27, 2013
    • level: 13

jwgrlrrajn wrote:
    By the way, given that the Green Lanterns apparently have their old weakness to yellow in this series (or at least, those yellow crystals), that means it's possible that Parallax is currently living inside the Green Lantern central battery. If that's the case, do you suppose Aya might have been made with a fraction of Parallax's life force instead of Ion's (or possibly even a little of both)?

I doubt it, in that prison episode Aya couldn't get past the yellow energies the spiders used.

jwgrlrrajn

[7]Mar 28, 2013
    Granted, her physical form is made from Green Lantern energy. This would likely be enough to give her the weakness to the yellow element regardless of which entity she was extracted from.

RaizenYusuke

[8]Mar 29, 2013
    I don't think Aya was given Parallax's lifeforce, but I do believe Parallax is imprisoned in the Central Battery with Ion keeping it in check like the comics. If the series continued Sinestro would have probably discovered him and unleash him after he was kicked out of the GLC to harness fear and make his own Corps. They could have had season finale Sinestro freeing Parallax and made Hal its host that could have led to Kyle Rayner appearing and getting a GL ring.

jwgrlrrajn

[9]Apr 4, 2013
    Now that... would have been cool.

RaizenYusuke

[10]May 25, 2013

It would have been a less controversial way to adapt Emerald Twlight storyline that made Hal turn intoParallax andmade Kyle RaynerGreen Lantern. You have half season with Sinestro and Parallax Hal creating the Sinestro Corps and destorying the GLC with Ganthet, Kilowog,and Razor training Kyle tofree Hal, while the rest of Corps is prepared to kill Hal to take Parallax down with them.

emilijabaniul

[11]Aug 24, 2013
    • level: 1

This was a great and touchy episode.When Razer said "There is no hate for you in my heart" i actually cried.And the ending when Razer denied the thought that his true love was dead that was great.And the blue ring.OMG i actually cheered.Good job!