A Grey's Anatomy Community
Thursday 8:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 28, 2017)
Grey's Anatomy S10E01 "Seal Our Fate" and S10E02 "I Want You With Me"

Previously on Grey’s Anatomy:

- Arizona slept with a guest-star actress, Hilarie Burton. Shonda Rhimes destroyed probably the best lesbian relationship in a current tv.
- Meredith gave birth to a son
- The tree attacked Karev’s house
- Alex and Jo made out
- Richard got himself electrocuted

And so the nonsense continues. Season 10 premiere was a double episode. It was really long and boring. The most important thing – Shonda Rhimes decided that Heather “Mousey” Brooks (played by lovely Tina Majorino) should electrocute herself and then die on operating table. And so once great show lost yet another interesting character. Bravo!

In other news:

- Despite everyone’s efforts Richard survived and he will be alright.
- Some fireman died. Everyone was very sad.
- Stephanie was a cheerleader before she became a doctor. And she can cheer. Now that’s a plot twist!
- Cristina and Owen shirtless hugged, cause why not? - patients can wait. And then they broke up again.
- Alex and Jo wanted to shirtless hug – but the whole world was against them.
- Callie in act of revenge (Emily Thorne approves) kidnapped her and Arizona’s daughter and moved into Casa di Shepard.
- Fireman and Firewoman got married in hospital. It was almost cute.
- Guest-star actress, Hilarie Burton apparently won’t be back. Poor Arizona will have to sleep alone - Callie doesn't want to see her.
- April decided to marry the Paramedic.

Grey’s Anatomy was once my favorite show. Now I’m officially hate watching it. Someone should finally pull the plug and mercy kill it before Shonda Rhimes kills off the rest of the cast.

Did you like the premiere of season 10? Share your thoughts!
Comments (35)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Oct 01, 2013
I hoped that the first episode of the series was stronger and more excited, maybe when we reach the middle we can see more things. even thought I'm a big fan of Grey's and I will keep watching the show for ever. I guess I have faith . I always imagin them sneaking around when I go to hospitals :D
Flag
Sep 30, 2013
It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. I kind of figured that with Tina getting cast in a new show she would die (cause heaven forbid we not kill the majority of people leaving the show). I think the idea is to have this be the thing that bonds this group of interns together (since they're all regulars now). I just hope we don't have a ridiculous number of episodes with Shane having this survivor's guilt thing. He is quite possibly the most annoying character on the show.
Flag
Sep 29, 2013
Seattle Grace Internship Program must have the highest death rates among interns in the planet. I really don't know why medical students would still want to apply to that program knowing that they might not be alive to become a surgeon...
Flag
Sep 28, 2013
greys anatomy is one of my FAVs and oldest Tv shows i just love watching it and i admit the last season wasnt as interesting as the ones before and sometimes yes it does get boring but heres the thing with this show you NEVER know when someone tragic is gonna happen and shonda is known for her sudden and huge Twists !! like the crash in the last season and the gun shooting couple seasons ago ,, the priemiere wasnt bad but they need to make somethin exciting happens especially to christina they have changed her character so much ! i miss the old christina
Flag
Sep 28, 2013
I LOVED IT, ITS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER AND THIS SEASON PREMIER WAS REALLY AMAZING.
Flag
Sep 28, 2013
i`m a huge fan and i liked everything :)
Flag
Sep 28, 2013
This review is really brief, kinda mean and not funny.

The thing is, there are people like me who still love the show. Ive been watching for 9 years coming 10 now. Its a long time and anyone gotta admit, there were some good seasons and some really awesome episodes, not to mention the finales(except prolly the last 2 which were of lesser intensity since we had come to expect so much). And comparing to many other shows, despite 9 years of surgeries and traumas and lots of brain storming on the writers part, Greys is really not doing as bad as it could have been. Of course all shows have ups and downs so its expected that some episodes get a 'meh' even from a fan, but theres really no need to put it down this way. If you are not interested in the show, its ok to stop watching and dont write a review. Im sure its a better and more appealing option than spending an hour watching a show you officially hate and posting a review that gave that same impression and having only a few people liking and sharing it.

That said, i still love the show. I love the premier. I dont think i will miss Heather even tho i didnt see her death coming. Cant wait for the next episode!
More+
Flag
Sep 28, 2013
First of all - it's not a review - it's a summary. And yes, it's a brief one. And since I didn't like the premiere it's not full of rainbows and little bunnies. Sorry for that. Does every article have to be funny?

You are yet another person who tells me not to watch Grey's Anatomy if I'm not satisfied with the current storyline. Thank you very much, I'll decide myself which tv show I should watch. As you can see in one of my comments below - I love the characters of Grey's Anatomy - but I hate what the writers are doing with them. I still hope the story will get better - but so far nothing seems to confirm that opinion.

You wrote that you loved the episode - that's great! I would love to hear what exactly did you like? It's called discussion after all.
Flag
Sep 29, 2013
I guess it would defy the purpose of a discussion if we're obligated to say only nice things about a TV show The writers are used to it by now or else they wouldn't be working in a media where ratings, producers and even its own audience can tell them when they don't like their work.

Deaths for shock value aren't that shocking when the actor's contract expires and I can see it coming, regardless of the character.
Flag
Sep 28, 2013
Didn't make it through the whole thing couldn't handle a double episode of nonsense. I'm actually cutting out a lot of returning shows lately.

Thanks for the run down. Heather us dead, April is lame. Doctors can't keep it in their pants, especially during crisis. So long and thanks for all the... Wait what has this show offered me for the last 9 seasons?
Flag
Sep 28, 2013
You're welcome :)

When I was watching the premiere my main thought was: "This is ridiculous! Stop shirtless hugging! People are dying! Put on your pants and help them for Christ's Sake!" I just can't believe one of the most gripping medical soap / drama I've ever seen changed into such a mockery. It makes my heart ache.
Flag
Sep 28, 2013
It doesn't make much sense, in case of an emergency I wouldn't like to be bleeding or dying while my surgeons are getting busy in the next room.
Flag
Sep 27, 2013
Well this thankfully saves me from writing a review - which probably would have involved a lot of swearing and violent images, so you have probably stopped a few peoples feeling from being hurt ;-)

I just watch it out of habit now - the only character i actually hate is Meredith. The reason I hate her was once again displayed by her reaction to being named Richards personal HMO - she was so self absorbed and whiny about it.

The plus side of this episode was a drunk Callie - she was very amusing

The interns are just becoming shadows of characters who have already been in Greys ( they could even be bothered to come up with an original happy story for the mother)

If I had my way Lexi would have survived the crash and Meredith would have died.......horribly
Flag
Sep 27, 2013
Well, the problem is - I LOVE all these characters, but I hate what the writers are doing with them lately. The whole last season starting with the plane crash was IMO a mistake.

I understand Eric Dane and Chyler Leigh wanted to leave the show. But I see no reason why the writers couldn't give them a happy ending. Apparently they had to die.

The next thing - Arizona's leg amputation plot - it was just horrible to watch. The culmination of it - apparenty one night stand with a doctor, played by a guest-star. IMO for Arizona it was totally out of character. There are other ways to deal with problems and frustration (like therapy) then sleeping with other woman (even if she's a very sexy one like Hilarie Burton)

April's plot - we all know she belongs with Jackson. I have no idea what are they doing with the Paramedic.

Miranda Bailey - it's like she's a totally different person. I don't even recognize her now.

There should be a big sign / neon hanging over the entrance to the Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital - "Warning: we have a terrible mortality rate among the doctors. Be advised that getting a job here might be your end."

I just want Grey's Anatomy to return to it's former glory. However, at this point I don't think it's possible. With Sandrah Oh leaving the show I wonder what will they do with Meredith's character? Make April her new best friend?

I was hoping (against my better judgment) that the premiere will fix at least some of wrongs of the last season. And it didn't happen - hence my frustration.
More +
Flag
Sep 30, 2013
Once they decided to go the route of killing Lexie, I knew when Eric said he was going to leave that Mark would die as well.

There is no way I could have seen him leaving his daughter like that. I can see him leaving if it were just Derek and Callie we were talking about but he wasn't the kind of dad that was going to abandon his daughter.
Flag
Sep 27, 2013
I would also have preferred if Eric Dane and Chyler Leigh had just left instead of being killed off.

The hospital ownership angle was and continues to be a drag - and even fixing this point would probably be problematic for the writers now (and with Yang leaving, this storyline will probably come up).

In an ideal world Bailey would have taken the top job instead of Hunt, its more suited to her personality - well before last season anyway.
She has been the mentor from the start, so it would have been a natural progression

Arizona cheating made no sense to me either - i could see Callie cheating, going by her pre baby personality - but it seemed like they felt her character needed to be more edgy/broken. This was also a mistake, because it just felt like they are running out of ideas.

They had a chance to kill Meredith off a few times and for some reason never have, so with the Callie moving into her place, i think she will be the new BFF instead of April.

Alex has actually matured a lot over the poorer seasons, so i hope he doesnt get sucked into a crappy storyline this season
More +
Flag
Sep 27, 2013
I agree Alex matured a lot - and it was a step in a right direction. Alex / Jo story line was probably the only thing I liked in season 9.

As for Callie being Meredith's new BFF - from what I remember Callie is besties with Addison Montgomery (even though Private Practice is no more, her character should still exist in the show's universe). In such conditions befriending Meredith would feel like a betrayal to me. But I guess anything is possible.
Flag
Sep 27, 2013
Its not always Shonda's doing when a character leaves the show. The girl who plays Heather was cast for another series. That was announced months ago. I liked the episode. And I still love the show. People take this crap too serious. It's just TV. If you don't find it entertaining anymore, then quit watching and stfu.
Flag
Sep 28, 2013
Well, I guess it's easier to write "stfu" then explain what did you like in the episode.
Flag
Sep 28, 2013
Maybe "STFU" was a typo and she meant "stuff"
Flag
Sep 29, 2013
Nope not a typo. And it wasnt directed directly to you Llostris. It was more of a general statement to everyone who takes the time to complain about TV. I guess I just dont understand why people watch a show that they dont like and complain about all the time. TV is supposed to be entertaining and give you an hour away from the real world problems. Not something to get upset over and complain about all the time. And I also wasnt aware that i had to explain everything in detail what i liked about episodes. Is that a rule? And it looks like some other people have agreed with me. So yes, if you dont like a show, quit watching or stfu. :)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members