Grey's Anatomy

Dark Was The Night

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Nov 10, 2011 on ABC

• Alex and Meredith are stuck in an ambulance in the middle of nowhere, Teddy's husband bites the bullet, and Callie and Jackson almost killed a patient.

The decent character development occurring in the first few episodes of the season is put on hold because:

a) It's sweeps.

b) Scott Foley (Henry) has been signed for another show.

GREY'S ANATOMY is no longer a well written show. It used to be well written. But those days are long gone. Sure, there are traces of quality work here and there. But there is no consistency. That's what makes it weak.If it's not a weak character/storyline, it's the weak way a potentially good story is being told.

Meredith and Alex trapped in an ambulance in the middle of nowhere? Seems VERY old hat. No suspense. And Henry's death? I suppose that could have been powerful... if I cared about Henry, Teddy, or their relationship. Why don't I care? Because, the writers never developed them properly.

Please, GREY'S ANATOMY... have the discipline necessary to bring strong scripts to the screen... you know, like you used to be able do (pre-drowning.) I'm sick of this underachieving.

LIFE