Grey's Anatomy

Don't Stand So Close to Me

Aired Thursday Nov 30, 2006 on ABC

• I really wish they didn\'t have that Twin storyline! Dr. Bailey and Shepard get their grooves back. The rest of the interns decide to cut Christina some slack, seeing as they too are horrible people. www.lifereviewed.com

Plot: Conjoined twins wish to be separated for the love of a common woman. Addison operates to save the life of Meredith’s half sister’s baby. Dr. Bailey and Shepard get their grooves back. The rest of the interns decide to cut Christina some slack, seeing as they too are horrible people. Review: This episode would have been a lot better without the conjoined twins’ story. One of Grey’s key problems is this balancing act it plays between humor and good drama. I’m having a hard time getting into George’s dad’s health problems or appreciating the seriousness of a dying baby when I got Abet and Costello doing knock knock jokes in the background. People watch this show for the drama involving the interns personal lives so do me a favor and cut back on the ludicrous medical cases. A male pregnancy, transgender lovers, and the married couple who got stuck together… I mean I could go on here, but I would rather be watching Spanish soap operas.

The other low point in this episode was George’s behavior. Why can’t the writers make all the characters likable at the same time? First Alex is a chauvinistic jerk and then he is a cuddly baby lover. Dr. Sloan is a womanizer and then he is thoughtfully mindful of Izzie. I demand that my Television characters be one dimensional, cardboard cut outs! I can’t take this emotional rollercoaster. George trying to be tough and assertive is even more pathetic than his usual passive aggressive pushover self.

I know interns have to go through a gradual learning process, but this batch seems particularly useless. Except of course for Christina; I guess it pays off to completely disregard your medical oath. Is the moral here that so long as nobody dies, lying and risking people’s lives is ok? Is Christina that different from Izzie? I think their situations are pretty similar. She allowed herself to get too emotionally involved with her direct superior and someone should pay the price. Meredith’s storyline was alright. I kind of forgot that she had this other family. Her mom is a big **** though. I mean I know she has Alzheimer’s and all but come on. What a self absorbed, uncaring, **** Wait, are we talking about Meredith or her mother? Oh never mind they are the exact same person!

Parting Thought: How the hell do conjoined twins manage to be getting some and I’m sitting here single?