Grey's Anatomy

Flight

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 17, 2012 on ABC

7.6
  • Where's my shoe?!?!?

THANK GOD IT WASN'T OWEN!!!!!

I def. guesses Lexie! B/c they needed to tear @ our heart strings!

Guess relax. Georges death was MUCH worse!!!

Well Xtina has a job @ Seattle now! :) (Xtina was SOO funny!!!)

Alex will have to take over 4 Arazone till she can walk, and same w Jackson. Derks offer will dissapear b/c of his arm/hand & the pilot might get to walk again!!!

I wander what happened to those babies they were to operate on? That other hospitals prod PISSED they didn't show up!
  • Television at it's worst

Tonights episode was an example of the blatant example of fan manipulation that has been going on with this show since the first few years. Relationships are created and torn apart using the most angst possible, all the while show creator and writers are promising that if we just wait, and sit through all the crap, there will be a wonderful ending.

I am tired of being played for the sake of reviews. This episode was so far fetched that it was ridicules. They killed off a fantastic character who the lamest possible way and left many others simply hanging.

So long Grey's Anatomy. I've watched my last episode, purchased my last DVD, and urge others to join me in boycotting a show that is so far down the drain it was over two years ago.
  • It's Stroke Time!!!

I think I suffer a small stroke every year around this time...after watching last nights episode I cant imagine GA losing one of the main characters. For some April could be considered "beloved" and my guess is that she will be the one I think she commits suicide!! In the review for next week it says that the cheif is planning a party for the interns so I dont think that It will be him.Mer, Christina and Mark are living I think I saw Alex up and moving?? Arizona looks pretty bad so that is a possibility too can her heart be transplanted into her friend? I cant stand this wait!!
  • why are they continueing? What will be next season?

Ok, i don't understand why all those characters were on the same plane? Where were all of them flying to together? Also i thought if they made this the last season of grey's anatomy (as this show made it to the magic 8th season like so many other shows then stopped) i thought all the residents moving on to different hospitals to start their knew careers would be a good way to go out but what would be next season, would everyone stay in settle now due to this plane crash, probably not. So again after this immediate storyline of the plane crash ends what would be next for the chaacters of grey's anatomy which will sustain another season of this show?
  • FABULOUS finale!

I loved the finale. It was fabulous and heart wrenching.
  • Lexie

btw, just thought you ought to know that Chyler Leigh (Lexie) chose to leave the show so she could spend more time with her family as she felt she couldn't juggle both family and work.

This episode was just very emotional. However, I don't care for Bailey which is why I only gave it a 9. When lexie died though, i could not stop crying! she is an amazing actress and Mark (Eric Dane) is an amazing actor.
  • Kind of disappointed

As sad as the death of little Grey was, I can't help feeling like they've done all this before. It's an act reminiscent of season 5's finale, in that we have people in peril and then, fade to black, oh wait guess you'll have to wait til next season. There's no climax, no turning point everything just sort of happens and then it's over, nothings been resolved or decided. To top it all off you also have no idea what direction the show is going to go in for the next season (I had the same issue with OUAT's season finale).

Sad to say, while you have tiny emotional moments, overall this just kind of falls flat.
  • Drama.....

This episode is pure drama! Shonda Rhimes did a good job of shocking all of us... It's so sad they killed off Lexie.. So what happens now to Mark? Oh well, I guess that's for the next season. It is also sad that they're letting go of Teddy. I will definitely miss Teddy but I guess letting her go was foreseeable since she had no story line anymore, after they killed off Henry. Wow, they're killing off so many characters.. Hm.. is it budget cut???

I hope they don't kill off Callie!
  • A plane crash wasn't very original, but that is okay. Lexie and Teddy will be missed!!!!!

I have to first say how sad I am that Lexie is dead. I understand Chyler Leigh wanted to complete her starring role with season eight, but I am still sad. She was one of my absolute favorites. And I had been waiting for so long for her and Mark to get back together, or at least for some closure. Well, I got my closure, even if it was a little too permanent. Poor Mark though... How is he going to go back to a normal life after that?

I have to admit that this season was not as good as others. Now that it is over I am having trouble recalling more than a few important things that have happened.

(Aside from the crash injuries and all) Meredith and Derek are okay now and have Zola finally; Cristina and Owen are in a really hard spot right now. I hope that they can manage to work thing out because I like the two of them together; I have NEVER been a fan of April Kempner and I am not ashamed to say it. Having said that, I do feel bad how things turned out for her in the end. Did she fail the bar because of the God talk? Or because she was a basket case? And I don't know how I feel about the relationship between her and Avery. He could do better...

Now with this crash, nobody even knows what is going on. Owen wasn't answering his phone all day. I imagine that when he gets through his messages, he will have an idea... The devastation that with plow over Seattle Grace will be immense.
  • Terrible season finale...

Gunshootings, Bus accidents, bombs, earthquakes, car accidents, etc... and now a plane crush! Really???
  • Season 9 previsions?

I really hope April gets pregnant in Season 9!!!

How awesome will that be? I think her and Jackson make a cute couple.

She failed her boards, it would be perfect timing for her.

I reckon she will probably marry Jackson too!!! Am I the only one who likes "Japril" together??
  • Great finale

Before the complains about the plane crash and "Shonda sucks cuz' she killed Lexie", it should be known that: Chyler Leigh was asking to leave the show since the season started. This is a DRAMA series, so it's kind of obvious that some really tragic stuff was going to happen. I find this season finale very dramatic, yes, and it should be dramatic, the tragedies change the course of the show, and the show really needed a change of course, all the characters were affected by the crash, physically and mostly, psychologically, and I can't wait to see how every character's going to deal with the consequences of the accident. I think we're up to an amazing season.
  • Great Season. Great finale.

I thought this episode was amazing, it might have been full of drama, but lets be honest that's why we tune into the show.
  • Love this show!!

I hated how they ended the season because they killed off people that they didn't need to!! So mad about that besides that it is a twist and loved the twist.
  • Powerful finale yet again.

Grey's Anatomy often perfects season finales. And once again Shonda Rhimes pulls out all the stops in 'Flight'.

I couldn't believe how they killed Lexie within the first twenty minutes. It was more shocking because it was so quick. It's horrible and sad because Lexie was always so happy, lovely and funny. Her scene with Mark was brilliantly heart-breaking. Everyone's reactions were so well done too; Mark shutting down, Meredith breaking down in tears. Just powerful stuff.

Then they must all fight for survival and in an open ended ending they are left in the woods...having no idea if they'll be rescued. I do understand that it's unsatisfying but we haven't had a real cliff-hanger like that in ages and it worked. I also thought Cristina's rant about Seattle Grace Mercy Death was genius. Arizona laughing in shock was too. It was all very gripping and gory. I wonder what will happen too them...September is TOO far away.

Meanwhile at the hospital, Teddy finally is nice and accepts what she's done to Owen in a touching scene where she expresses her loyalty to her. Then he fires her and she can leave. It was a nice ending for a character I've never truly liked. OH and Bailey is getting married to Ben. Very sweet as always. And the chief throws a dinner for the residents. Only Jackson and April (who shared a lovely happy friendship scene) and Alex (who sweetly calls Arizona and tells her he made him who he is) attend because the others are clearly otherwise engaged . And Callie plans a hot night in with Arizona...not knowing she's not coming home.

All very well done and powerful. Shame we know whose contracts have been renewed though.

Another excellent Grey's finale.
  • This was Terrible

There was so much they could have done with this episode. Everyone was leaving, and it could have been beautiful, amazing, and truly one of the best episodes in Grey's Anatomy history. Instead they ruined a great season finale with one of the worst out-of-no-where could never happen in real life crap. The drama was so dry it was terrible. There were plenty of ways to remove characters without this unnecessary bit. Horrible ending to the worst season of Grey's Anatomy yet, and I'm sure they lost a lot of viewers over it.
  • Why the hell would u do that???

Oh God. I like Greys anatomy. But what the hell is up with you guys killing the only good characters left in this show!! FOR GOD's SAKE!!!

Lexie is dead. Awesome!! I loved her character, i love how she talked and acted. And they end up killing her. She had so much to give in this show. DAMN U!!!!

I am only giving this episode a 7 because these damn writers just kill ppl for no damn reason!!

And then the cardio surgeons whats with changing that every freaking season???????

Why cant they damn settle with one damn cardio surgeon

I loved Teddy!!! DAMN YOU ALL!!!!

First they kick Izzie and i loved her now they kick out Teddy!!!

*SIGH*

• That just ain't right

I knew it...but I still don't like it. Why couldn't it be Teddy? Or Jackson? Or any surprise twist of somebody back in Seattle dying? Lexie was awesome!

So, depending on mind changes next season, Karev, Jackson & Teddy are gone. Obviously Lexi and probably April. Am I the only one worried Grey's is going to turn into another ER with a rotating cast of doctors coming and going?

A good episode, though a touch anti climactic with Lexi dying so early into. I suppose there will be questions as to how damaged Derek's hand is forcing he and Meredeth to stay in Seattle. I'm gonna guess that Mark isn't going to die as well. Just kinda missing out on the OMG fade to black moment. Frankly, I would have been okay with last episode being the finale
  • no one is safe yet....

cant say im shocked about little grey but i sill think someone else will die who your not expecting. im thinking that dereks career is over so he wont need to be in it as much. hope arizona makes its. it wont be solved in the next episode thats for sure and as for arizonas friend getting her heart im not doctor but he has cancer so putting a healthy organ wont save him. i see him dying to nd arizon going to a very dark place. cant wait for next seasson
  • Heartbreaking.

Can't believe that they killed off Little Grey. I absolutely adored her, and the show will not be the same without her happy, nervous and so adorable personality. She will be incredibly missed.

The episode was amazing, but so short! It would've been better as a 2-hour finale, but I do think that they made a pretty good cliffhanger. I'm excited to see where they'll pick the show up next season. Hopefully, we won't loose to many characters. I really want to see April and Jackson's relationship develop, but I am afraid that they'll disappear along with Teddy.

God, I don't want to loose any characters! I love all of them, and I kinda hate new ones. It just feels so comfortable and nice to keep the same characters year after year, but I guess every show has to move forward.
  • So wrong in so many ways

I really think that the only surgeons stupid enough to let a fire die with just one match left are TV show surgeons. If however that was the only senseless death in this episode I would say nothing about it. This show kills too many doctors.
  • Saw it coming, but still hurt like hell

(Spoilers ahead. Although seriously, you should know what happened by now).

Because I am one of those people who is way too invested in their favorite shows, I have been analyzing who was gonna bite it on Grey's for weeks. Before the news that Meredith, Cristina, Alex and Derek were all coming back next year was released, I didn't think it was them anyway because I didn't think Shonda would kill off anymore of the original five and Derek should be exempt because he almost died already.

So I had narrowed down to Mark or Lexie and whenever I thought about it, I couldn't think of who I wanted to die less and could never come up with the answer.

But I wish it wasn't Lexie. I can say that now.

Watching her die was heartbreaking, especially because her and Mark had just gotten to a place where maybe they could be together again. And she died with Mark by her side, but seriously? SERIOUSLY? It's just so....unfair. Stunning. Kind of amazes me how upset I got over it, but killing off Lexie Grey? Her last name is in the show title!

If I had to pick, I would've prefered that Alex died. Because I love Alex, but his is the only character that doesn't have any budding relationships or anything of that caliber and even though he is one of the original players, it would've felt like less of a loss.

And I wonder where does the show go from here? It's based at Seattle Grace but as Cristina said, who really wants to work there again? These poor doctors have almost been run over. And shot at. And oh, um, Meredith WATCHED HER FREAKING SISTER DIE, FOR GODS' SAKE. And so the people for sure coming back next year, what does that mean? Where do we go from here? Is it time for them to hang up their labcoats and for the show to be over?

Cause honestly, I was almost hoping it would be cancelled after this year. Meredith and Derek were happy with their baby, Callie and Arizona were happy with their baby, and Mark and Lexie were *this close* to being together again! But no, instead Lexie has to die. In a way, it hurts more then when George died. I loved George, but because we didn't know it was him for most of that episode when Mer figured it out by that time it was more a reaction of... "That was George... and now he's gone?" It was more shock and then sadness. But this was watching poor Lexie die and dealing with it for another half hour.

Another thing about Lexie dying is that now (at least for me) whenever I watch an episode with Lexie, "reality goggles" will set in. This happens whenever I watch one of the early episodes, and smile at Meredith, George and Cristina all drunkenly dancing on a table, or Meredith, Izzie and George lying in bed together talking, that I then feel sad knowing that someday soon, there will be no more George. And now whenever I watch Derek attempt to explain to Meredith why she should care about her sister or Lexie striding into Mark's place, asking him to "teach her" and taking off her shirt, I;ll get that sad feeling that she too will be gone soon.

I don't know if this was Shonda's idea or Chyler's. Because if it was Chyler's idea, okay, she wants to move on, she has three kids of her own (I know, right? I couldn't believe it either) that I would understand. But if it was Shonda's idea, just for the shock value, why, girl? Couldn't April have just gotten pregnant or something instead?

This was a finale that was just... sad. Incredibly, incredibly sad.
  • Plane Crash!!!!!?????

It's so weird because its like Shonda wrote this episode really fast so everything could get over with. I don't like that especially that this is a great series.
  • OOh well! whats to come?

I just got to watch this episode of lexie dying and my eyes are so swollen i cried for almost all of the episode because i really loved her and i was really rooting for her and MArk but the show must go on. she took too long to tell Mark how she feels. well we know that Christina Husband HUnt will come to her recue.. Avery will propose to kepner... i guess we will now have Grey's anatomy in the bush instead of in the hospital!! oh welll!! all i can say is keep it coming i look forward for the next episodes for all the twist and turns of the events. it was so touching that episode thus the ratings
  • The writing was poor

First of all, I don't mind that characters get killed, as long as they are killed in a good written way! Unfortunately this was not the case. The crash just suddenly happens, and all the episode goes into all this many emotions and drama, sadness, and so dark. But it felt out of place, like it wasn't like the end of the season of the shooting. The shooting had a scale of how it got a little tense until it got really intense. Here it was all climatic from the beginning, and the audience feels disconnected with whatever is happening here.

Lexi suddenly dies, without enough story to back it up, she was kill just to finish her role. I think Lexi was an excellent character, yes I know this is what the actress wanted, to leave. But I don't think that story wise, Lexi should have died. She could have just left, the same way Izzie did back then. And at the very least, they should have make her die at the end of the episode not so soon, it felt anticlimactic. And it's really sad because Shonda before this episode, has always written good episodes. George's death was a surprise because it was written well in a way you couldn't see it coming. But really a plane crashing? Lost has used this, Ghost Whisperer used this on a season finale as well.

It's a shame because the scenes that were taking place in the hospital with April, Hunt and the others were beautifully written. That you wonder how can those scenes match with the out of context airplane. I am not sure if I am going to continue watching, I mean all episodes before this well so perfectly written, in all seasons, and this episode felt like it was rushed out, like they had to record it really fast or something. So long for an amazing show!
  • What?

Disappointing. Plane crash? Come on.
  • Why Lexie Why ?

When we first saw Lexie, I hated her, because she looked so naive and she had had everything Meredith hadn't. But she kind of grew in me, that''s what she does and that's what she did with Mark. Lexie and Mark was my favorite couple after Owen and Cristina and I was waiting ALL SEASON to see them together again and now that ? I'm so disappointed in this choice when we had lots of characters we could easily do without (April, Jackson, Teddy etc...). I don't know why they keep breaking good couples but breaking Mark and Lexie that way was just awful. Awful.
  • This made me roll my eyes

Maybe I'm missing something, but...

You have five matches in the middle of a forest, and you can't get a decent fire going?
  • So Sad

This is the saddest episode ever. I really thought Sloane and Lexie will end up together.
  • bad ending!!

very bad ending!! and why you killed Lexie !!
< 1 2