Grey's Anatomy

Flight

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 17, 2012 on ABC

7.6
  • 8.24 'Flight'

This was one of those episodes when I expect more but the final product still leaves me me very shocked, surprised and satisfied.

I loved the sequences ahot on location - with the small group of surgeons out there including Meredith, Derek, Mark, Lexie (RIP), Arizona and Jerry the pilot (guest star James LeGros). Lexie's death was heartbreaking although never my favorite character her last scene completely ripped my heart out with Mark being there with her until the very end saying how much he loves her :( beautiful acting and I loved that little twist when we thought Mark died. Thank God they fixed him. Plus Arizona's constant screaming and loud crying gave me hard shivers.

Meanwhile at the hospital - Hunt fires Teddy because he wants her to take an opportunity of the lifetime (she was planning on turning down the new job and staying at Seattle Grace to help him cope with the collapse of his marriage), Bailey proposes to her boyfriend Ben (I seriously hate their scenes, she's especially annoying these days), plus Richard invites all the 5th year residents to have a very special dinner with him, he wanted to make a special toast but he had decided to wait for Meredith and Christina. Owen is still at the hospital at night but he notices that something is apparently wrong when he receives a message that the plane never arrived as scheduled.

Sandra Oh, Ellen Pompeo, Chyler Leigh and Jessica Capshaw were all amazing in this episode and I would give them at least an Emmy nomination. That was some very strong acting, same goes for Eric Dane and Patrick Dempsey although the ladies do all the acting magic for me on this show, guys are kinda being there. Also I'd love to compliment the director of this episode and the editors as well. That was some brilliant work last night. 9,5 /10