Grey's Anatomy

Flight

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 17, 2012 on ABC

7.6
  • Exactly why we watch one of the greatest TV shows of all time...

I have read so many reviews, and I can't believe the fans. Everyone is so angry, so frustrated, so upset that they've forgotten why we watch this show in the first place. The drama. The amazing characters. The events.

Seriously, this show (still after 8 long years!) knows how to make you cry, laugh, stop your heart and scream all during the same hour. Not enough shows know how to keep their audience interested after this long time. And yes, fans left with George, and fans left with Izzie...but you people who are reviewing with such low scores and such negative opinions--clearly, you're still here because you still care and you still watch and you still love the greatest TV shows of all time.

Lexie's death was climatic. It was sad, frustrating and yes--it made me so mad because I wanted Mark and Lexie to have their happy ending. But welcome to life. Suck it up and stop complaining. From what I heard, Lexie wanted out so at least we got a "bittersweet" farewell to this wonderful and amazing character. Kudos for Chyler Leigh for such an outstanding performance there. It was truly amazing.

Come to think of it, every single actor was amazing in this finale. I feel like they all really gave performances of a lifetime. Performances that should be Emmy-worthy and noted. Sandra Oh? Wow, she never surprises me anymore because of such brilliant acting. Eric Dane was someone I usually don't care so much for, but I was in love with his performance in "Flight". His farewell to Lexie was touching, and I would be lying if I said I didn't shed a few tears while she was dying.

Glad to hear that Teddy won't be back on the show. I never felt she gave much to her character and never thought she was very interesting. (Yes, finally a negative comment about the show, right?) Another thing is Owen. Loved him in Seasons 5 and 6. But then I don't know what happened.

It is a great tragedy to say goodbye to Lexie, but I'm more worried about where this finale ends. They're still lost and it is terrifying. I truly cannot wait for Season 9, and hope that people will stop complaining and cursing at Shonda. You think you can write better than that? Show us your talents.

Kudos to all the cast, the writers, and just everyone who was involved in this episode--and who IS involved in this show. Will never stop watching because I know the quality will never get to a level that annoys me. Great, great episode.